What do you think the average NHL players salary should be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
It should be whatever the industry can afford to pay them. But since the players dont want to have salaries tied to revenues, since they dont want to be partners in the multimillion dollar careers they chose, this wont happen. Who cares what they make, as long as the industry can support it.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
I think to be fair, the players concern seems more about linking salaries to an arbitrary model of the revenues. Im not sure if they would accept this linkage even if they agreed on revenues. If they would, then its time to negotiate.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
I'm not talking about what the players are asking for, I'm asking for what you think should be the average salary.. it's a simple question. What do you think Joe Schmoe should make? It's not what the owners think Joe Schmoe should make.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Vishinator05 said:
I'm not talking about what the players are asking for, I'm asking for what you think should be the average salary.. it's a simple question. What do you think Joe Schmoe should make? It's not what the owners think Joe Schmoe should make.
joe schmoe should make what joe schmoe can get - trevor linden - 4.5 to 1.2 - the cba was working

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
The break-even point for the NHL is approximately $1.6 million, so I think that's a pretty fair number. Halfway between the current $1.9 million average and the NHL's proposed $1.3 million average.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
There's very few players who actually make average salary. Half them make about half that. The median salary is about $1mil. What should it be?

How can you pick a number? It depends on the average age of the league. It depends on the money the league is making. IT depends on how much an owner thinks he is worth. Maybe he is worth money to the owners other businesses that arent counted as league revenues.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
thinkwild said:
There's very few players who actually make average salary. Half them make about half that. The median salary is about $1mil. What should it be?

How can you pick a number? It depends on the average age of the league. It depends on the money the league is making. IT depends on how much an owner thinks he is worth. Maybe he is worth money to the owners other businesses that arent counted as league revenues.
you're right - hardcore like me - the median salary is 1.2 - don taylor 1040 vancouver -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad