Prospect Info: What do you guys think of this Leipsic cat?

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
hound dog on the puck, blazing speed...always liked him but was never given a chance....hope he does well for you guys!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
really liked this kid, was sad to see him go.

he can skate, he's gritty, and he can rag the puck.

question marks on his hockey sense, offensively and defensively, but I like his tools.

Paulinvancouver

Gas station in Carbondale did not have fresh yams!
Dec 19, 2015
First game. Very impressed from what I've seen. Speed, skill, aggressive. Could be all adrenaline, with being traded to a new team, but it's a good start!

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
Hey! Whassup?

What do you guys think of this Leipsic character we picked up today?

kind of disappointed. I thought you'd be posting a feline picture because I would have thought Leipsic likes cats.

anyhow, high motor, leaves it all on the ice, creates opportunites with his high energy and is more opportunistic than someone who really creates plays. he keeps moving his feet and has some smarts but tops as a 2nd liner at BEST on a bad team. not afraid to bang and will be a fan favourite. inconsistent skill but not inconsistent drive.

most likely a 3-4 liner.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Leipisic is kinda one of those guys too good for the AHL but not good enough to be a top 6 player (where he would be best suited)

30-40pt 3rd liner on non playoff teams IMHO

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

This is what the Marlies former video coach had to say about him.

yeah that sums him up in the AHL, at the NHL we didn't see enough of him and really im not disappointed by that. If you are contending for playoffs very likely Leipsic isn't on your roster. If you are rebuilding/retooling he is a good fit for your roster, so Vancouver he may fit

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Was a fan of Leipsic. It would be nice if we hung on to him but wouldnt have a spot anyways.

Reactions: ULF_55

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Sure glad we decided to protect Martin over Leipsic, by the way.

I understand your viewpoint. However IIRC, Leipsic requires waivers, so it's tough to say whether he'd be on the team at this point, and I don't know that he'd be in the lineup consistently even if he were.

If we were leaving Martin unprotected, we also might have had to offer Vegas a deal to ensure he was selected. Perhaps it's still a step we'll have to take with Martin's contract, but maybe there being one less season left on the deal now compared to then will make somewhat of a difference.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Personally, I rather have him with Matthews and Nylander then Hyman.

hyman has 9g/16pts more than leipsic this year.

leipsic is opne of a long line of small skilled guys that rip up juniors and the AHL, but just cant develop into more than a bottom 6 NHLer (where they arent really suited)

rob schremp comes to mind

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Thought I'd bump this as he has now been granted Russian citizenship by Putin. Oo-dah-chee, Tovarisch!

Sep 18, 2009
in b4
. Good thread
Remimends of the guy tradesd to Vancouver forget his name lafferty

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
So what was the deal with this guy again? Didn’t he turn out to be a creep or something?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad