Prospect Info: What do you guys think of this Leipsic cat?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Given the chance, I think he can be a good depth scorer who can play with a lot of energy. Always liked him. I hope you give him a good chance.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
absolute upside might be Gallagher-esque, but I think you've got an NHL'er at the very least. Some of his antics will even upset his own fans I think, he seems to have toned it down but goes too far at times

don't think he's had a fair chance at a top 9 role yet, if he gets that in Van you guys might be pleasantly surprised with the offense. He always looked talented in Junior/the AHL and the production was there

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
He's a energy, agitating player with some skill and there's some upside there for sure. I don't think his game translates as well as Marlie forwards before him (Kapanen, Johnsson) but he was probably the 3rd best Marlie forward (even if it's a bit of a tier drop) after those 2 over the last few years.

Having seen him over the years, he's easily NHL caliber with upside. I'd be surprised if he's not a 4th line energy guy on a good team, at minimum, that can agitate, skate, and wreak some havoc on the forecheck and around the net. Good pickup for the Canucks.

I think the only problem with players like him is he's not exactly a play driver of any sort (those expectations would be lofty for any 3rd/4th liner) so if he's to do well, it's going to depend in part on his linemates as well.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
3rd line pest is his upside IMO. A safe bet to make it full time. Has some decent offensive to his game as well, the tools are there.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
Pesky player. I don't know if he will have a legit shot in the NHL. He isn't skilled enough for a top 6 role or defensively sound enough for a bottom 6 role. Potential is there but this is like his 4th team(?) he is traded to at the tender age of 24.

GoldenGOOSE

Jan 14, 2018
Pretty good player. For him to be discarded by Las Vegas, tells you how good that team really is.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Dime a dozen player that will always be looked to be upgraded to make your team better. Will be fine in stretches but not a piece you will build around.

newfdizzle

Feb 16, 2012
Hey! Whassup?

What do you guys think of this Leipsic character we picked up today?

Vegas picked him up from us in the expansion draft, so at the time, they felt he was our best unprotected option. Small and skilled, but nothing special.

Travis Green was his Junior coach so he'll know how to use him effectively.

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
Still disappointed we lost him over Rychel during the Expansion Draft. But also acknowledge that there wasn't much room for him here. Reminds me over a pesty Conor Brown. Smaller, Hard-working, skilled pest type player.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Ceiling: Potential to be a 3rd line pest in the Gallagher mode

Floor: AHL all-star tweener that can help insulate your younger AHL players and help them develop

Works hard though, the type of player you like having on your team.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I bet he's like one of those Jonathan Marchessault type guys. If it all goes right and he gains confidence he could be a star. But could also not pan out.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Strictly an AHLer or certainly not a difference maker in the NHL. Good luck to him though with the Canucks, might really be last chance.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad