What do you drink during games?

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I cut some 2 lines of yay then sniff it off the top of the boards...JK!!!:eek:

I have a little bit of gatorade before I leave my house, but during a game I'll only drink water. To me everything else seems to slow me down and I get cramped up during a game. The one thing I'll definitely stay away from is Red Bull. For whatever reason I seem to crash half way through because of it.

I'd assume cause of all the sugar and caffiene that wears off fast.

Someone said organe juice and water...that works well and don't even need to buy Gatorade. Think it's like one part 100% juice and 2 parts water. I do that when I go cycling.

And I know the importance of getting enough water beforehand, but man..when I load up I always gotta pee real bad by the 2nd period:D

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
I'd assume cause of all the sugar and caffiene that wears off fast.

Someone said organe juice and water...that works well and don't even need to buy Gatorade. Think it's like one part 100% juice and 2 parts water. I do that when I go cycling.

And I know the importance of getting enough water beforehand, but man..when I load up I always gotta pee real bad by the 2nd period:D

The trick is to drink a lot a few hours before the game and only sip within an hour of the game. Take a piss before the game and you should be good till either the end of the game or at least till the end of the 2nd.

cr7

Apr 30, 2007
Old Trafford
sports drink, or energy drinks are bad for u if you drink them without phisical activity... just saying... my doc told me that u get 2 much salt and ur kidneys get stoned or something like tat...

FutureConsiderations

Dec 29, 2005
Brookline, MA
Water is the way to go in-game, but I try to keep from having too much because after a while it all adds up. Usually a squirt or two after a long shift.

I have tea before the game, too - Chinese Oolong, like the stuff from Chinese restaurants. It's got caffeine to keep me up, but not so much that I'm dehydrated or sick. I've also tried Sobe's Power drink, and I've noticed that it keeps my energy up for a while. It advertises that it has creatine in it, but that's only in trace amounts.

After the game, it's always a Gatorade or Powerade - nothing feels better.

KaptainKourage*

Water before during and after. Sometimes Gatorade afterwards. I avoid Gatorade and stuff on the bench cause it gets kinda messy if you miss the squirt into your mouth and then you get all sticky and crap as well as multicolored if your wearing light colored jerseys.

Mike Ribeiro is that you ?

sorno

Jun 23, 2006
I had a team mate before a men's league game have about 8 shots of Tequila and played well. He said it relaxed him. Another friend of mine who played in the NHL used to drink a lot ofcoffee and down sudafed before every game. Two beers before a game, water during, then beers afterward seems to work for me.

Danrik

It is what it is.
Oct 17, 2006
Super Surrey, BC
I used to have oranges when I was a kid playing soccer as well. At half-time we'd chow down on them.

Now I stick to half water half gatorade.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I've heard Brodeur drinks a couple of cans of sprite and I believe Craig Conroy downs a 2-liter of Mountain Dew.

I prefer to stick with water, once in a while will have vitamin water.

Recast

Jan 5, 2005
Spruce Grove
Water before, during and after. I'm going to try a Gatorade before todays game. I'm never had any luck with energy drinks though. I get really hyper, which is good, but then I get extremely tired and irritable.

mooseOAK*

Water or gatorade before a game, just a swig or two of water during the game.

mooseOAK*

Vitamin Water before, water during, water and whatever I have with dinner after. (I almost always eat something substantial after a game)

The thought of food after a game is unappealing to me most of the time.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
About half a single-serving bottle of energy drink before the game.
Water during the game, but not too much. Just enough to keep my mouth guard wet. Squirt some in my mouth, swish it aorund, and spit most of it out.
The rest of my energy drink after the game followed sometimes by beer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->