Player Discussion What do we have in Erik Gudbranson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
He had some brutal games last season in that regard.He looked better later in the season paired with Edler after having the burden of carrying Hutton earlier.

Hutton looked great without Gudbranson tho...

You dont think Gudbranson actually carrys any pair he is on in the NHL do you?

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Hutton looked great without Gudbranson tho...

You dont think Gudbranson actually carrys any pair he is on in the NHL do you?
I disagree to agree.Hutton was a healthy scratch for a healthy amount of games last year.Wonder why?

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
I don't get it... So in Gudbranson vs Hutton how Green deploys them is a consideration.

Jokinen vs Virtanen it is not...?

Why?
Virtanen was playing decent minutes,Jokinen was playing a few mores i think it was 19 a game when he was on that line.I believe Virtanen is a better player, he didn't get much PP time for some reason.Green likes to bring players along and it started working with Virtanen at the end of the season.I think Virts will have a great season next year 15-20 goals if he gets PP time.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Virtanen was playing decent minutes,Jokinen was playing a few mores i think it was 19 a game when he was on that line.I believe Virtanen is a better player, he didn't get much PP time for some reason.Green likes to bring players along and it started working with Virtanen at the end of the season.I think Virts will have a great season next year 15-20 goals if he gets PP time.

Thats not what I asked.

Why is playtime given by Green considered a factor in Hutton vs Gudbranson but not in JV getting less icetime than a palyer who is an aging UFA?

Just because one fits your preconceived notion of the player and the other doesnt?

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Thats not what I asked.

Why is playtime given by Green considered a factor in Hutton vs Gudbranson but not in JV getting less icetime than a palyer who is an aging UFA?

Just because one fits your preconceived notion of the player and the other doesnt?
I wasn't impressed by Hutton's performance or compete level last year.He wasn't getting good minutes because he was terrible.Virtanen earned more minutes and got them late in the season.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I wasn't impressed by Hutton's performance or compete level last year.He wasn't getting good minutes because he was terrible.Virtanen earned more minutes and got them late in the season.

Ok. You do not want to follow my thought experiment. That is fine.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Only question for me with Gudbranson, does his new contract make him virtually un-tradeable?....can't believe the rumors that the Ducks were actually kicking the tires on Brandon Sutter..Yikes... If the Canucks could ever unload those two contracts it would be "the Miracle at the Rog".

Reactions: PuckMunchkin

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Did this increased ice time “late in the season” happen around the same time as Boeser, Baertschi, Granlund, and Eriksson were all out with injury and Vanek was traded away?

Reactions: Canucks1096

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Did this increased ice time “late in the season” happen around the same time as Boeser, Baertschi, Granlund, and Eriksson were all out with injury and Vanek was traded away?

I am pretty sure its because he finally turned the corner in the last 20 games or so....

Vanek trade on Feb 26th, Boeser, Eriksson and Baertschi all out since early March or earlier

Jake Virtanenuntil Feb 25since Feb 26
TOI/GP11:0717.4
Shifts/GP14:2021.2
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
*Boeser, Eriksson, Granlund and Baertschi combined for a total of 7 games since Feb 26
** Fun fact, the Canucks played exactly 20 games since trade deadline day, which is when Virtanen finally "figured it out"

Reactions: MS

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Only question for me with Gudbranson, does his new contract make him virtually un-tradeable?....can't believe the rumors that the Ducks were actually kicking the tires on Brandon Sutter..Yikes... If the Canucks could ever unload those two contracts it would be "the Miracle at the Rog".

Why would they want to unload Sutter? He led the team in plus/minus which is impressive considering the fact he takes so many defensive zone faceoffs and play against top lines. So if they unload Sutter. You want Horvat out against top lines and taking all the defensive zone faceoffs and sacrificing his offence instead?

Sutter does so much for this team. I can't believe he is so underrated. The contract is not even that ugly. Good checking line center that have a little offence are easier worth 3.5 M. Big wow he is overpaid by 800 grand. People make it sound like the Canucks are having issue resigning young stars because of Sutter salary.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Why would they want to unload Sutter? He led the team in plus/minus which is impressive considering the fact he takes so many defensive zone faceoffs and play against top lines. So if they unload Sutter. You want Horvat out against top lines and taking all the defensive zone faceoffs and sacrificing his offence instead?

Sutter does so much for this team. I can't believe he is so underrated. The contract is not even that ugly. Good checking line center that have a little offence are easier worth 3.5 M. Big wow he is overpaid by 800 grand. People make it sound like the Canucks are having issue resigning young stars because of Sutter salary.

Are you really using plus/minus to show that he is apparently good? So what was it last year then when he was 3rd last when he got we less d-zone starts and was mainly used as an offensive player? In the 3 seasons he has been here he ranks 38th out of 50 in plus/minus.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland

Why do you guys keep doing this..?

+/- is a horrible horrible stat.
Ok I will bite. What does Sutter bring that makes him being paid top dollars a good deal?

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Why do you guys keep doing this, you act like lobbyist's trying to take a shit on every second player so you can be right about Benning.I make one comment every once in awhile and you jump all over it, offended someone might actually be a real fan with some positivity.I've watched the Canucks since the late 70's and i hate how you think.It's called narcissistic,i have better things to do than argue with a bunch of anti-fans that think they know every thing.Do you know who Pat Quinn is?He inherited a mess and it took a few years to turn the corner.I remember when the Canucks finally made it back to the playoffs,Courtnall scored the playoff clinching goal in the last game of the season.Do you remember there, anti-fans.Nothing has ever come easy for the Canucks.You can tell who the privileged spoiled are.You guys don't have anything better to do than spend 12 hours a day trying to discredit anyone that might disagree with your bizarre campaigning.It's more about impressing us with your..................intelligence.

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
Why do you guys keep doing this, you act like lobbyist's trying to take a **** on every second player so you can be right about Benning.I make one comment every once in awhile and you jump all over it, offended someone might actually be a real fan with some positivity.I've watched the Canucks since the late 70's and i hate how you think.It's called narcissistic,i have better things to do than argue with a bunch of anti-fans that think they know every thing.Do you know who Pat Quinn is?He inherited a mess and it took a few years to turn the corner.I remember when the Canucks finally made it back to the playoffs,Courtnall scored the playoff clinching goal in the last game of the season.Do you remember there, anti-fans.Nothing has ever come easy for the Canucks.You can tell who the privileged spoiled are.You guys don't have anything better to do than spend 12 hours a day trying to discredit anyone that might disagree with your bizarre campaigning.It's more about impressing us with your..................intelligence.

No, its called being a realist. Also, in your opinion one can only be a fan if he is not critical and sees everything through rose colored glasses? What does Pat Quinn have to do with this current team and management? And what makes you think this somehow a resemblence of the Pat Quinn era and not lets say the Jack Gordon years?

I am following the Canucks since the early 90s, I am sorry that I cant keep up with you but I was just born in the late 70s and not in Canada so I hope i at some point can still become a worthy Canucks fan in your eye, I promise I will be more positive once we get competent management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad