Speculation: What do they feed those guys in Manchester??

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
For touted prospects to be groomed into consistent players who can contribute off the bench like Pearson and Toffoli is one thing, but Jeff Schultz too?

There must be a secret lab in the basement where they turn you into a part cyborg or something...

No wonder why Boudreau was distracted.

Discuss.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
For touted prospects to be groomed into consistent players who can contribute off the bench like Pearson and Toffoli is one thing, but Jeff Schultz too?

There must be a secret lab in the basement where they turn you into a part cyborg or something...

Discuss.

Good coaching from top to bottom. We have never had this kind of system throughout our organization before MR Lombardi was givin the reigns. That has turned out to be the best decision the franchise has ever made.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Discuss.

Clockwork Orange them with tape of our 2012 run imo

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
Whatever his teams' lackings may have been in the POs,

Departing Coach Morris was clearly a master at developing players into NHL-ready pros.

He did it again and again, and contributed Pearson this year, while also making sure Schultz knew our system
like the proverbial back of his hand and would be ready when called.

I hope his replacement with The Monarchs is as good at bringing players along and training them in our system.

I wonder if he wasn't a little taken-for-granted, eh?

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
I think the way they bring up the young guys helps too. You'll notice we give each guy a few games in the big leagues, where they usually struggle a little, but do ok. Then they're sent back down with that taste of NHL hockey, which I'm sure drives them to try and get back up there. They usually come back better and much more prepared.

We're not a team to bring up a young guy and kill his confidence by making him play in huge pressure situations only to fail like some other teams......*ahem* *anaheim* *ahem*

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Edmonton should fire everybody and get Terry Murray and Morris in ASAP.
Then even if Hall and RNH were traded, the Oiler fans would have some hope.

Right now I'd rather have a good lookin' 2nd rounder prospect, 2 years through Manchester than some other teams' "high end" prospect. A graduating prospect out of the AHL who has earned the call up has a way higher chance to make our club and have impact.

I can't wait to see McNabb in the somewhat distant future.

Last edited:

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
Kingsknight said:
I think the way they bring up the young guys helps too. You'll notice we give each guy a few games in the big leagues, where they usually struggle a little, but do ok. Then they're sent back down with that taste of NHL hockey, which I'm sure drives them to try and get back up there. They usually come back better and much more prepared.

We're not a team to bring up a young guy and kill his confidence by making him play in huge pressure situations only to fail like some other teams......*ahem* *anaheim* *ahem*

I think one of the most important things we do with prospects is let them stay in Manchester long enough to get fully comfortable, settled with the place, the team, the system. That allows the player to cut out distractions and focus on his own improvement in a friendly, predictable environment. It gives the player a better opportunity to grow and mature, without the pressure and competition there would be in the NHL. This gets us players who are developing up to their potential.

Edmonton should fire everybody and get Terry Murray and Morris in ASAP.
Then even if Hall and RNH were traded, the Oiler fans would have some hope.

Right now I'd rather have a good lookin' 2nd rounder prospect, 2 years through Manchester than some other teams' "high end" prospect. A graduating prospect out of the AHL who has earned the call up has a way higher chance to make our club and have impact.

I can't wait to see McNabb in the somewhat distant future.
I've thought of that as well, he would be absolutely perfect for them. They could turn into a REALLY good team if they had a coach who could bring some order and discipline to the team.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Looks like ex-King Dan Byslma is getting the axe in Pitt.
If so, ya' think he'd join the Kings org as our AHL coach?

Just a thought.

Probably not at first...he'll first try to stick with the Pens and if he can't he'll go for one of the many openings in the NHL. I believe DL will already have found someone (if he hasn't already). My hope is Morris will look around, not find an ideal situation, and renew, much to DL's surprise.

For a guy like Schultz, I imagine it's a hunger to get back into the NHL after his career spiraled.

Oh I'm sure, but this guy went from, according to many Washington fans on HF and our own eye test, a defenseman who played so bad he was no longer even NHL-worthy in to a the answer to our prayers. I don't know if he can do this for a whole season but man, having a Brad Richardson type to call up any time makes me feel relaxed...we have these players for the forwards corps since Brad left like with Fraser and Vey but we've never had such good insurance for D. It truly is a luxury (I'm living it up!).

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
that Red Arrow Omelet is the reason actually.
Or that Adam Sandler burger. I think that's what its called.

I might need to make that place a more regular spot post-games. Went there after once and its still the only place I've eaten in Manch, despite being at every home game. Absolutely amazing. Just SOOOOOOO small and hard to get a table in, even at 10:30 PM.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
They brought Clifford up to soon. Maybe they should send him down for a full year, and se if he can develop his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: