Value of: What contracts would your team give JVR and Bozak?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Because he'd be a waste of money, he's a good player but if he's a top 2 center on your team you are in trouble, He works in Toronto now because he has Matthews and Kadri ahead of him.

But if he goes to Montreal they are going to expect a level of play he can't deliver

However, don't you have to wish well for someone who's been on your team for a while?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Imo both are pretty safe bets to be horribly overpaid. I'm not really interested in either for NYR, but would be open to JVR if he wanted to pull a Shattenkirk and take a discount to play at home.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I think Bozak is going to get 5 years at between 5-6 million on the open market.

Yeah, no. He's slightly better than Bonino, who was 2 years younger and signed for 4 years. Giving a 31 year old middle six centre FIVE years is a fireable offense.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I agree yikes... and yet...

2018 NHL Free Agents Tracker

UFA Centers with more points than Bozak this year.... Tavares, Sedin Riley Nash, Stastny and Thornton.

Sedin will retire, or maybe another year for the Canucks. Nash will resign with the Bruins. Thornton is likely back with the Sharks.

Tavares is a question mark, Stastny as well... but after that, Bozak is the "best" UFA C left, with plenty of teams needing a C. Supply and demand, and on July 1st people over pay, and rarely does it work out. If these guys above him, all resign (or retire), it is completely possible that Bozak will be the Premier (cough) UFA C this year.... ya... I know... he'll get paid.

Reactions: unitedstars87

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
On the open market,

JVR gets 5.75-6.25AAV X 5-7 years. I don't think he gets as much as people think, there are too many wingers on the open market.

Bozak gets 4-4.25 X 4-5 years. I don't think it will be Toronto. He's a pretty good scoring, middle 6 C that can win faceoffs. He was horrible to start the year but has picked it up as the year went on. I expect a team like Montreal and perhaps Carolina to be in on both players. Moreso Bozak with Montreal because they are desperate for a center that can produce on the score sheet.

Reactions: connormcmuffin

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
JVR at 6 seems doable to me for Toronto. Especially if they can trade Marleau in his final year.

It does seem a bit low to me though.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Zero and zero. Jets don' need r want the nums.
Yup. The Jets would absolutely be one of the teams that I think would pass on both of these players.

Maybe JVR if they are looking for even more scoring but at the price I can't see it working.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
The thing is, JVR can't sign for that much in Toronto, especially with Matthews and Nylander re-signing.
Lol, why not, Bozak and Komarov walk there is six million, Matthews is on an ELC next year, Nylander gets raise.

The Leafs can't find 2 million in cap space for 6 x 6, with Marleau gone after next season there is another 6 million free long term.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Lol, why not, Bozak and Komarov walk there is six million, Matthews is on an ELC next year, Nylander gets raise.

The Leafs can't find 2 million in cap space for 6 x 6, with Marleau gone after next season there is another 6 million free long term.

Marleau's staying for another year, so there won't be cap space available. Also, JVR will most likely play second or third-line minutes, if he stays in Toronto. He might get first-line minutes in another team.

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
Marleau's staying for another year, so there won't be cap space available. Also, JVR will most likely play second or third-line minutes, if he stays in Toronto. He might get first-line minutes in another team.
The way Marleau's contract is structured means he's not playing the last season in Toronto, Robidas Island population grows. Worst case scenario Leafs eat an asset to dump him.

Marleau is going to play for 1.25 million before escrow in Ontario's highest tax bracket at 39?

Let Bozak walk move Nylander to C, a 1.5 million dollar raise for JVR is a cake walk. I don't really care because he sucks 5 on 5, he needs to be sheltered so he's never playing on a 1st line.

Last edited:

connormcmuffin

Feb 17, 2018
On the open market,

JVR gets 5.75-6.25AAV X 5-7 years. I don't think he gets as much as people think, there are too many wingers on the open market.

Bozak gets 4-4.25 X 4-5 years. I don't think it will be Toronto. He's a pretty good scoring, middle 6 C that can win faceoffs. He was horrible to start the year but has picked it up as the year went on. I expect a team like Montreal and perhaps Carolina to be in on both players. Moreso Bozak with Montreal because they are desperate for a center that can produce on the score sheet.
Good point, does JVR get/deserve a penny more than Turris? It's absurd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad