Value of: What contracts would your team give JVR and Bozak?

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
If JVR stays in Toronto it's gotta be like 5.5 x 5. If he wants max term I don't think it's in Toronto.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
If JVR stays in Toronto it's gotta be like 5.5 x 5. If he wants max term I don't think it's in Toronto.
Term is fine, it’s aav that’s gonna matter. If you go 8 years and can bring the aav down under 5ish you can give him his 6m over 5 years, if he becomes an issue on the cap you sell him off to a floor team when the contract drops off with a mid round pick or b spect. What’s important is keeping what makes TML dangerous and that’s team scoring. Guys got 31 playing barely 15 mins a night

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Less interested in what Toronto would pay and more interested in finding out if other teams would lock either of these guys up.

Seems like JVR would absolutely Garner some interest but I wonder at what cost would teams do it.

Bozak would be ideal for a team that needs center scoring but again what kind of term and dollar amount would you offer? Wouldn't Montreal outbid other teams just based on need?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Less interested in what Toronto would pay and more interested in finding out if other teams would lock either of these guys up.

Seems like JVR would absolutely Garner some interest but I wonder at what cost would teams do it.

Bozak would be ideal for a team that needs center scoring but again what kind of term and dollar amount would you offer? Wouldn't Montreal outbid other teams just based on need?

Well, Montreal won't probably bid, because those two players were on a rival team, and that would anger their fans.
Plekanec seems to be an exception, but I don't know how.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
If that can be done, that's really good news for the Leafs.
It would mean sacrificing some serious depth. Which makes the team worse off. That is the Leafs strength after all. The Leafs can survive without him and that's likely the plan. Kapanen is a solid replacement.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
It would mean sacrificing some serious depth. Which makes the team worse off. That is the Leafs strength after all. The Leafs can survive without him and that's likely the plan. Kapanen is a solid replacement.

I honestly thought Soshnikov would take his spot, but he, unfortunately, got traded to New York.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I honestly thought Soshnikov would take his spot, but he, unfortunately, got traded to New York.
I liked Sosh but he's a third liner at best and the Leafs are loaded on the wings on the NHL roster and the farm. He was never realistically going to get minutes here once he went out with a concussion. Kapanen and Johnsson are much more dangerous offensively as are a few other prospects.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Who would take an old player's contract with two years left on his deal? I'm not so sure if they can trade Marleau.
It would be one year left on the deal by the time he needs to be traded, and he's only owed 1.25M in actual salary after July 1st. There's no way the Leafs have difficulty finding a team willing to take him on, but the hard part could be getting him to waive his NMC. Or it could be very easy, no one knows.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
It would be one year left on the deal by the time he needs to be traded, and he's only owed 1.25M in actual salary after July 1st. There's no way the Leafs have difficulty finding a team willing to take him on, but the hard part could be getting him to waive his NMC. Or it could be very easy, no one knows.

Or he can just retire. Ah, that makes things easier.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I think Bozak is going to get 5 years at between 5-6 million on the open market.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Why do you hope Montreal to overpay for him?

Because he'd be a waste of money, he's a good player but if he's a top 2 center on your team you are in trouble, He works in Toronto now because he has Matthews and Kadri ahead of him.

But if he goes to Montreal they are going to expect a level of play he can't deliver

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->