what Colour of tape is the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polska

May 25, 2004
Vancouver
Black on your blade to disguise the puck and white on the top of the stick so it doesn't mark up your gloves.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
I've always used white tape. My mom buys the tape nowadays. I was gonna change to black, but never got around to it.

Hockeymom67

Aug 24, 2004
Montreal
Polska said:
Black on your blade to disguise the puck and white on the top of the stick so it doesn't mark up your gloves.

Yes,White tape for defense ,so your goalie can keep track of the puck and forwards use black tape to disguise the puck .

barfy2000

Jun 23, 2005
Whitby, Ontario
i use black. its the best IMO. it just doesnt look "right" to me if i use anything else. i also use a blue griptape for the end. just like the look. plus it gives me....GRIP.

chum

Feb 27, 2002
i think the term you are looking for is "personal preference"

canuck1957

Feb 21, 2004
Cambridge Ontario
learn something new everyday, I've played hockey for 45 years and always believed that, even for a second, the goalie may not see the puck properly.

Tape on the blade can be any colour, except, in my opinion, white, and is there to cushion the puck a bit so that when you get a pass it is less likely to bounce off, and to give your teammate a contrasting target to aim his pass. For this reason I don't like white tape on the blade, but I'm not willing to drop the gloves over it if someone chooses to camouflage their stick so I can't see it well enough to pass it to them. People with white tape on their blades should expect to get fewer passes and less accurate ones to boot.

Some people feel that the black tape behind a black puck may make it hard for the goalie to see the puck or the angle of the blade and might make it a bit easier to get one past him, but I've never heard a goalie say this.
http://www.pathcom.com/~mgwm/Beginner's%20Shinny/sticks.htm

Hockeylover

Oct 5, 2005
NAE2 said:
Red for me

For the blade, I used to use blue tape on the first third of the blade, white tape on the middle, and red on the last third. I let you figure out this one! (Clue: Italians would not want to use that stick!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->