What channel are Canada's games being played on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobMckenzie

Jul 23, 2003
flamesfan01800 said:
I can not remember the last time CBC had coverage for this tourny

1990 in Helsinki, as a matter of fact. Don Wittman did play by play, I seem to have forgotten who was doing colour, Brian Williams was the host and I was on during the pre-game, intermissions and post-game. Long time ago...

flamesfan01800

Jun 30, 2003
Saskatoon, Sask
Visit site
BobMckenzie said:
1990 in Helsinki, as a matter of fact. Don Wittman did play by play, I seem to have forgotten who was doing colour, Brian Williams was the host and I was on during the pre-game, intermissions and post-game. Long time ago...

WOW responded back by Bob Mckenzie :bow:

turnbuckle*

They won't be playing on any channels (most aren't frozen yet), but they will be skating on a nice indoor facility in N.D.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
I'm kind of surprised CBC hasn't made a bid to steal the WJC's out from under TSN.
I wonder how many more years the current contract with TSN runs?

TSN does a good job and I'd much rather have Gord and Pierre calling the game, than Bob and Harry. But if Cherry were on during the intermissions of an international tournament, we could play the over/under game each night, based on how many times he utters the terms "pinko" and "commies".

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Boomhower said:
I'm kind of surprised CBC hasn't made a bid to steal the WJC's out from under TSN.
I wonder how many more years the current contract with TSN runs?

TSN does a good job and I'd much rather have Gord and Pierre calling the game, than Bob and Harry. But if Cherry were on during the intermissions of an international tournament, we could play the over/under game each night, based on how many times he utters the terms "pinko" and "commies".

:lol :lol: ... that certainly would be fun to hear each night ... as Old School as Cherry is, I love listening to his Coach's Corner ... that piece on Kovalev/Ribiero was priceless ... that still sticks in my head

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
Evman said:
Isn't this kind of like asking what channel HNIC is on?

C'mon.

Exactly what I was thinking. I mean, I remember when I first really got into the World Juniors, it was in Red Deer in the early 90's when the team had Steven Rice, Eric Lindros, John Slaney, Martin Lapointe, and many others. TSN has carried every tourney since, so, Do you live under a rock or something??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->