What ca n we expect from Stewart and Horton next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackDaniel

Dec 14, 2003
Of course, if we assume there is an NHL season next year.

My guess:

Nate Horton: 30-30-60 2nd line and lot of PP time

Tony Stewart: 20-15-35 3rd line with some PP

Am I realistic IYO?

BJ21

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
JackDaniel said:

My guess:

Am I realistic IYO?

BJ21

No your not being realistic, but thats Okay. :)

I think Horton is extremely talented but 30 - 30 is a lot of production out of a guy in their 2nd year, 2nd line, and on a weak offensive team in the Florida panthers.

Same thing for Stewart. He will probably get 10 mins a game on the 3rd line, which is not enough. He will be in more of a checking role, using his physical game more than in an offensive role, further limiting his chances at high stat production. Besides, 20 goals for a rookie is a lot now-a days.

Unless both of these guys see lots of PP time, and Horton is a first liner, I think your are overshooting a bit in your predictions.

My predictions:

Horton - 23/18 41p
Stewart - 12/8 20p

They are low, but I don't expect too much out of rookies/sophmores and Florida has to play a more defensive game...

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
JackDaniel said:

My guess:

Am I realistic IYO?

BJ21

I think you are overestimating both. Horton was playing real well before his injury, but 30-30 is alot in today's NHL, especially for a 19 year old. I would think 20-20-40 would be more likely.

For Stewart, first he has to make the team. Then he has to earn ice time. Keep in mind that as of now 3 rookies have a realistic chance at 20 goals, and Hunter seems like the only lock to reach it. I think 12-15 goals is a better estimate.

JackDaniel

Dec 14, 2003
Enoch said:

I had serious doupt about it! :D

Even with the stretch Horton was on before his injury you think he wont reach at least 50 pts?

BJ21

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
JackDaniel said:
I had serious doupt about it! :D

Even with the stretch Horton was on before his injury you think he wont reach at least 50 pts?

BJ21

Its certainly possible. It depends on the overall play of his team next year. With one more year under their built, many of these guys should be able to step up their game next year, but the Panthers need a better defense behind them if they want to be able to excel offensively. If Dudley does acquire a top-4 defensemen soon (one that can handle the puck well...make good outlet passes, good vision, etc.), then Horton has a much better chance at hitting 50 points. Still, thats a lot in today's NHL. 23/18 or near that mark is a very good sophmore season, and hitting 50 points would just be icing on the cake if I'm a Panthers fan.

JackDaniel

Dec 14, 2003
Enoch said:
Its certainly possible. It depends on the overall play of his team next year. With one more year under their built, many of these guys should be able to step up their game next year, but the Panthers need a better defense behind them if they want to be able to excel offensively. If Dudley does acquire a top-4 defensemen soon (one that can handle the puck well...make good outlet passes, good vision, etc.), then Horton has a much better chance at hitting 50 points. Still, thats a lot in today's NHL. 23/18 or near that mark is a very good sophmore season, and hitting 50 points would just be icing on the cake if I'm a Panthers fan.

sounds good for me!
You seem to be relevant! :D

JD

CoolburnIsGone

Enoch said:

I think Horton is extremely talented but 30 - 30 is a lot of production out of a guy in their 2nd year, 2nd line, and on a weak offensive team in the Florida panthers.

Same thing for Stewart. He will probably get 10 mins a game on the 3rd line, which is not enough. He will be in more of a checking role, using his physical game more than in an offensive role, further limiting his chances at high stat production. Besides, 20 goals for a rookie is a lot now-a days.

Unless both of these guys see lots of PP time, and Horton is a first liner, I think your are overshooting a bit in your predictions.
Just for clarification...before Horton got injured, he was playing on the 1st line with Jokinen. And he was playing on the top PP unit as well. He was averaging somewhere around 20 mins/gm in that stretch of games. I also did the projections and he would've scored the same number of goals (17) as Nash did last yr if he played the 74 games of Nash's rookie yr. Seeing Nash now and how many goals he's scoring makes it possible for Horton...very possible. Even before getting top line mins, Horton was playing around 12-15 mins consistently and I would assume that Stewart gets at least the same. FL tends to distribute the icetime more evenly now with Dudley as coach but I don't know what would happen next yr. Stewart still has to be signed to a contract and make the team (nothing is ever a sure thing nowadays). I think Stewart's numbers are definitely too high but Horton's might be right on if he returns healthy next yr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad