OT: What Blue Jays and Raptors games have you seen live?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Using the example from the thread asking what Leafs games you have seen live, what Blue Jays and Raptors were you lucky enough to see live?

For me this is my list of games.

Blue Jays

I went to Game 1 of the 1993 World Series and my Dad's company where he worked at the time gave him tickets to Game 7 had it reached that point.

This past August on the 24th I went to a Blue Jays in St. Petersburg against the Rays at Tropicana Field and purchased my tickets in February of last year in advance, because I got 2nd row over the Blue Jays dugout, however the Jays ended up losing the game 2-0.

Raptors

I was at Game 3 of their 2001 second round series against the 76ers and that was the game when Vince Carter scored 50 points. I remember my Dad getting tickets at the last moment the day of the game and we sat in the last row Purple seats up in the 300 level.

In December 2016 I went to a Raptors game against the Orlando Magic in Orlando, Florida at the Amway Center. The Raptors won 109-79 and there was a fair amount of Raptors fans, especially some not from Toronto. I ended up speaking with some people from Ottawa. Plus compared to the Air Canada Centre the concourse walkways are 10x the size and if you purchased a large Pepsi you were allowed to go back and get free refills. Finally prior to the game I was able to get Jonas Valanciunas autograph on my ticket before he went back to the locker room. When DeRozan and Lowry went past the Raptors fans standing there they ignored everyone, lol.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I've never seen a Raptors game live.

However, I have seen many Jays games live including the "bat flip" game in 2015.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I have been to a ton of Jays games since 1985, a couple autograph days...the one I remember most was the first home game after Dave Winfield called for more noise. It was nutty in there.

Been to a few Raps games, none of note.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
When I lived in TO I’d go to to over 10 games a year. I starting going to games at Ehibition Stadium. When I moved to the US I would go up to and see at least one weekend series per year. I haven’t been to a game in since 2015, something changed and it’s not as appealing to me now.
I still go to Dunedin every spring and have for over 20 years.

I don’t pay much attention to the Raptors or the NBA , however I saw them play in Memphis last year and in 2016.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I've never seen a Raptors game live.

However, I have seen many Jays games live including the "bat flip" game in 2015.

I couldn’t even watch that game live because it was on a FS1, which is an odd ball fox sports cable channel. I don’t know if that series was even broadcast nationally or just in the Texas region.

Y’all complain about Buck and Tabby but having them do the playoff games is a far cry better than the US commentators.

Cleetus

Brick Woll
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I got to see a game at the skydome, it was in the mid 90's against boston, and Mo Vaughn hit a huge shot! think the jays got beat bad lol

theleafnationdave13

Nov 6, 2007
thompson mb
C bosh bobble head night, and doc halladay won everyone a slice of pizza with a dominate performance. And when Robbie got kicked out for spitting on the ump. Also I was at the second last game at maple leaf gardens, my 6 year old brother was wearing a bobby Orr jersey and Stevie stavoros came up to us and said you wanna meet bobby!! We all went up there shook his hand took some pics then he went out and dropped the puck and got a 10min standing ovation. Leafs won!

Reactions: Elephanto

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I’ve been to a ton of jays games but the two best were game 5 (bat flip game) and the wild card game the next year where encarnacion walked off on the orioles. I’ve been to a few raptors games

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Just one Jays game. June 7th, 2014 vs the St. Louis Cardinals. The Jays mustered up 3 hits that day en route to being shutout.

God that game sucked.

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
I've been to only like 4 blue jays games in my life. Can't remember the dates, I can't even remember what color of socks I put on this morning. I've never been to a raptor game before.

Reactions: filthyMitz

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I Went to a raptors game in 2008 when they were against the trail blazers. It went to double overtime and we won 116-109. It was my first basketball game that I went to and currently my only one. I've also been to many blue jays games, including Roy halladays return to Toronto.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Been to many of both.
Most memorable Jays game was Game 6 in '93 when Carter hit the Home Run to win the W.S.
First ever Raptors game at the Skydome, left after the 1st quarter, seats were so bad we couldn't make out the players.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Wow that must have been an amazing experience. I have seen a lot of fan videos on YouTube of the home run and how loud it was, so how loud was it since you go to experience it?

Yeah, it was very loud. It was also a cathartic release because of the odd play in the top of the 7th with Martin’s throw back to the pitcher hitting the bat. From what I can tell, the TV commentators were all over what had happened, but I’m not sure any of us in the parkknew what was going on. Tensions rose and it was starting to get ugly with people throwing things on the field. I was worried about what might happen if the Jays lost the game on that play and the angry elements of the crowd were loosed on the streets of Toronto. I wondered if I was just being paranoid but then the next day, I heard Peter Mansbridge, who was also at the game, express the same thoughts. So, to me, when Bautista hit that homer, the cheer for the Jays taking the lead was enhanced by the feeling that the ugliness of the game had been erased.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
I've never been to a Raptors game. I don't really follow the sport, but I'd still like to go sometime just to experience.

I've been to probably around 15 Jays games or more. When I was a kid they would take us to them on field trips occasionally, or I'd go with my parents. Unfortunately, I don't remember any specific scores or even who they played, but I remember going on Canada Day one year and getting an Alomar bobblehead (as an adult at that point).

Last edited:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Wow that must have been an amazing experience. I have seen a lot of fan videos on YouTube of the home run and how loud it was, so how loud was it since you go to experience it?

It was the loudest sporting I’ve been at that’s for sure. Not only the initial homerun but afterwards there was a buzz that was so loud I can stil hear it when I watch replays of it. The craziness of the 7th when they reversed the call and gave the Rangers the run was one of the more scarier moments I’ve been apart of. Not only was it loud as hell but there were a ridiculous amount of beer cans being tossed. I was sitting first row 500s and people from the tops of the 500s were slinging them (and getting them past me). It’s funny, when I watch the highlights now, or even when I got home from the game, what the cameras were showing was nothing compared to what was happening in the Dome. There were many more cans/cops than what was being shown on tv. I can’t imagine what would’ve happened had the jays lost that game

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Frank Thomas’ 3 homerun game, Roberto Alomar jersey retirement game, and the Raps vs Cs game in 2014 that clinched their playoff entry for the first time since 2008. That last one was also pretty hectic because it went down to the wire and Amir Johnson had a game winning layup in the dying seconds.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I worked at skydome in 92 and 93 so I saw them all those years.
Obviously the game 6 series win in 93 was the best damn game I've seen.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Been to many Jays games, but I was at game 5 against the Rangers - Bat Flip Game.

I've never heard a Toronto crowd make that sort of noise before.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Most memorable at the dome was probably being behind home plate to see Manny Ramirez hit one to the 5th deck. Also saw Dustin McGowan take a no-hitter to the ninth, that was pretty memorable..

Best Raptors moment is definitely Lowry from half court against the Heat. HM to Allen Iverson putback at the Gardens. That was my first Raps game so it’ll always stand out.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Never been to a Raptors game but have personally witnessed a few significant Jays events live:
1) 1st Blue Jays triple play
2) Winfield hits the seagull
3) 1st night they served beer at Exhibition Stadium
4) First time they closed the roof during a game
5) 1st rain delay at the Dome (same game btw)
6) breaking the MLB attendance record
7) That weird rundown play where Kenny Williams ran over the 3rd base coach (not really significant but man was that funny!)

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I was at brandon morrows 1 hit game.

So close to a no hitter. Will probably never see one in my life live.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
For the Jays I went to Carlos Delgado's last game as a Blue Jay and went to the Robbie Alomar Hall of fame day game (still have the bobblehead They gave me at the door)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->