Music: What are you listening to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I have possibly posted this one here before, damned if I remember. But it's my favorite, the sights and the sounds of old Vancouver in that era never fail to bring a tear to the eye...

But somehow...Donovan's 'fearless hash smoker' becomes a 'fearless believer'...which was a shame I guess:)

*the 'town fool' even makes an appearance at :54

Last edited:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I have possibly posted this one here before, damned if I remember. But it's my favorite, the sights and the sounds of old Vancouver in that era never fail to bring a tear to the eye...

But somehow...Donovan's 'fearless hash smoker' becomes a 'fearless believer'...which was a shame I guess:)

*the 'town fool' even makes an appearance at :54

Do you remember when I posted that in a Canucks GDT?

And I love Northcott's cover of Girl From the North Country too.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Pete's version

Thanks plank.

I have vague memories of hearing that song when it was first released but unfortunately those memories have never gone away. :laugh:

I love Townshend. He is one of only a few true geniuses of the modern music era. But I think Townsend was totally wasted when he decided to record that.

Reactions: plank

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Pato Donald meets Ze Carioca for the first time back in the old 'good neighbor' days...

In this edition, a splice of Brazil's two great music classics, "Aquarela do Brasil" (sung by Aloysio Oliveira --leader of the Miranda's Boys band- and Carmen Miranda) and "Tico Tico no Fubá" instrumental. The superb Disney's production, "Saludos, Amigos", 1942, gives life to Donald Duck and Joe Carioca as they meet and enjoy the Brazilian samba in Rio. Carmen appears in a routine from "The Gang's All Here", 1943. Aurora Miranda, sister of Carmen Miranda, DOES NOT APPEAR in this vídeo compilation.

Reactions: Mimsy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->