What amazing moment did you see in person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
probably not that amazing...

but my first NHL game in person was the first Playoff game in Anaheim vs Phoenix in 97.

Kariya and Selanne and a bunch of grinders and they won.

MacDaddy TLC*

December 26, 1981, Winnipeg Manitoba: At the 1982 World Junior Championships, a kid named Mike Moffat (hello Bruins fans!) shutout the Soviet Union 8-0 and Canada was on their way to their first ever gold in the WJC tourney.

blamebettman*

Mayday in Buffalo. Great 6-5 game to complete the sweep.

Sabres down 5-2 in the 2nd, come back back to tie it in the third on a Khmylev goal, May wins it in OT!

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Mark Recchi miss a golf ball on a tee off! :biglaugh:

A guy who scores 1200+ pts with his hockey stick is expected to have some eye-hand coordination!

MacDaddy TLC*

NYIsles1 said:
Being in Toronto when LaFontaine scored three goals in one of his first games was special in an 11-5 win.
As usual, your numbers are off. The date was March 8, 1984. The score was 9-5. Just had to point out that once again you seem to have trouble counting. :biglaugh:

NYIsles1*

Mayor of MacAppolis said:
As usual, your numbers are off. The date was March 8, 1984. The score was 9-5. Just had to point out that once again you seem to have trouble counting.
Too bad your information on the past is just as faulty as it is about the present.

Pat LaFontaine:
http://www.hockeydraftcentral.com/1983/83003.html

Scored three goals and had two assists in his second NHL game for N.Y. Islanders on March 3, 1984, at Toronto. ...

N.Y. Islanders Records: Most points by a rookie in one game (5 at Toronto on March 3, 1984, shares record), most goals by a rookie in one game (3 at Toronto on March 3, 1984, shares record), most consecutive games with at least one goal

http://www.isles-list.com/index.cfm?action=schedule&year=1983
March 3, 1984 Islanders 11, Toronto 6
March 8, 1984 Islanders 9, Toronto 5

I guess we were having too much fun celebrating at Maple Leaf Gardens to notice that last Leaf goal. :biglaugh:

Tough being champions with hockey so popular in those days and the Isles successfully driving the sport. Too bad all the Leafs could do is spend and put North America to sleep before hockey shut down entirely no matter who's contracts they absorbed. Enjoy your badly misguided sense of entitlement and please feel free to prove the Leafs made more than 14.1 million in profits with an actual link someday.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Not huge by any stretch, and not even an NHL moment, but I was there when Gilbert Brule scored the first ever hat trick in Top Prospects game history.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I was sitting ice level when Gary Suter cheap-shotted Gretzky at the old Montreal Forum during the 1991 Canada Cup. If you listen very closely, you can probably still hear me pounding the glass in disgust.

I was wearing my white Kings Gretzky 99 jersey...it wasn't a good night to be Gretz...or one of his disciples.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Bure in OT vs the Ducks 2 seasons ago, flew around the defensman on the outside went stright toward the net with his speed and put the puck through the goalies legs like it was nothing. I was 4 rows back from the goalie and it was just amazing watching his speed and his finish so close. Theres are so many others but that just sticks out in my head since I was so close to it.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
May 24, 1980 - Bob Nystrom scores 7:11 into OT - Isles win 1st cup.

Jan 24, 1981 - Mike Bossy's 50 in 50. Stuck at 48 with 5 minutes to go against the Nordiques - one goal at 4:10 of the third and another with only 89 seconds left.

I know it's not hockey, but one of the most amazing things I've ever witnessed:

May 23, 1982 - Game 7 of the conference finals at the Boston Garden, The 76ers win by 14. But in the last 2 minutes, when it's obvious that the Celtics were going to lose, this cheer starts, first only a few and then growing, and growing, and growing: "Beat LA", "Beat LA", "Beat LA". It was an almost surreal experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad