What about this for the Czech Republic team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe_shannon_1983*

Jaromir Jagr
Vaclav Prospal
Patrik Elias
Martin Havlat
Radek Bonk
Milan Hejduk
Petr Sykora
Robert Lang
Martin Rucinsky
Bobby Holik
Robert Reichel
Martin Straka
Petr Nedved
Radek Dvorak
Jan Hrdina

Roman Hamrlik
Marek Zidlicky
Jaroslav Spacek
Pavel Kubina
Jiri Fischer
Tomas Kaberle
Jaroslav Modry
Filip Kuba

Dominik Hasek
Roman Cechmanek
Tomas Vokoun

Golbez

According to idnes.cz, Robert Reichel and Roman Hamrlik have declined the opportunity to play in the tournament, citing the fact that they want to stay at home with their families. Although Reichel has always left NHL coaches shaking their heads at his lack of assertivness, Reichel has always been a demon on the national stage (much like Martin Rucinsky, who couldn't hit an empty net in his short tenure with the Canucks)

Robert Lang, Roman Cechmanek, and Martin Straka have also been confirmed to be unavailable due to their injury status.

So, that leaves 5 players and one living gumby doll off of the roster? Who would I take?
Knowing that the Czechs will stay from European-based players, here is my predicted roster.

Goalies
1. Tomas Vokoun
2. Martin Prusek
3. Roman Malek

Defense:
F. Kaberle - T. Kaberle
Kubina - Kuba
Slegr - Modry
Spacek - Zidlicky

Forwards:
Jagr - Bonk - Havlat
Elias - Prospal - Sykora
Rucinsky - Peter Nedved - Hejduk
Vyborny - Cajanek - Dvorak
Vasicek, Beranek, Dopita

With the absence of Lang, Straka, and Reichel, the Czechs are suddenly much thinner up the middle, which could cost them dearly in the end.
I expect Malek will be the only pure 'Euro' player taken, while ex-NHLers Josef Beranek and Jiri 'The Best Player in Europe' ® Dopita are good candiates to be selected.

No room this time around for up and comers such as Klesla, Erat, Hudler, and Petr Prucha.

Burnaby_Joe*

Golbez said:
According to idnes.cz, Robert Reichel and Roman Hamrlik have declined the opportunity to play in the tournament, citing the fact that they want to stay at home with their families. Although Reichel has always left NHL coaches shaking their heads at his lack of assertivness, Reichel has always been a demon on the national stage (much like Martin Rucinsky, who couldn't hit an empty net in his short tenure with the Canucks)

Robert Lang, Roman Cechmanek, and Martin Straka have also been confirmed to be unavailable due to their injury status.

So, that leaves 5 players and one living gumby doll off of the roster? Who would I take?
Knowing that the Czechs will stay from European-based players, here is my predicted roster.

Goalies
1. Tomas Vokoun
2. Martin Prusek
3. Roman Malek

Defense:
F. Kaberle - T. Kaberle
Kubina - Kuba
Slegr - Modry
Spacek - Zidlicky

Forwards:
Jagr - Bonk - Havlat
Elias - Prospal - Sykora
Rucinsky - Peter Nedved - Hejduk
Vyborny - Cajanek - Dvorak
Vasicek, Beranek, Dopita

With the absence of Lang, Straka, and Reichel, the Czechs are suddenly much thinner up the middle, which could cost them dearly in the end.
I expect Malek will be the only pure 'Euro' player taken, while ex-NHLers Josef Beranek and Jiri 'The Best Player in Europe' ® Dopita are good candiates to be selected.

No room this time around for up and comers such as Klesla, Erat, Hudler, and Petr Prucha.

You don't think Holik will make it?

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
My cousin, who happens to be Czech, told me that Jagr doesn't wanna play ... can anyone confirm this?

joe_shannon_1983*

wilka91 said:
My cousin, who happens to be Czech, told me that Jagr doesn't wanna play ... can anyone confirm this?

I heard Jagr say back in April that he is unsure about playing and that it will "depend on how good the team is going to be".

Those are the words that Jagr said.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
jcs_1983_shannonman said:
I heard Jagr say back in April that he is unsure about playing and that it will "depend on how good the team is going to be".

Those are the words that Jagr said.

That's typical of Jagr. He's just a lame coward *******.

If the team is not good enough to him, he won't play. What the hell is that supposed to mean? That everything has to be done FOR him?

Sucker ... :banghead:

joe_shannon_1983*

wilka91 said:
That's typical of Jagr. He's just a lame coward *******.

If the team is not good enough to him, he won't play. What the hell is that supposed to mean? That everything has to be done FOR him?

Sucker ... :banghead:

Yes it is typical of Jagr.

Here are his exact words: "It will depend on how strong the team is going to be. It's not good to play in Prague if the team doesn't do good. They can throw things at you".

I fetched those choice words off of a search engine, which linked to an old article from TSN from April 2004.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
Elias Sykora Hejduk would be a slick line.

Can Sykora play center?

I wouldn't be against Elias-Nedved-Sykora. That could work out well if Nedved finds chemistry with the two old friends.

Holik >>>>> Bonk. And I hate the *******.

Burnaby_Joe*

Sykora can play center. I'm guessing all three of these guys are close friends; aren't they around the same age also?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003

Here are his exact words: "It will depend on how strong the team is going to be. It's not good to play in Prague if the team doesn't do good. They can throw things at you".

I fetched those choice words off of a search engine, which linked to an old article from TSN from April 2004.
what has happened to this guy...he never used to be like this

Burnaby_Joe*

Straka Lang Jagr
Elias Sykora Hejduk
Rucinsky Holik Havlat
Prospal Nedved Dvorak

Hamrlik Kubina
Kaberle Modry
Fischer Zidlicky

Hasek
Vokoun

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC

What kind of a lame excuse is that?!? What a coward he is.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Golbez said:
According to idnes.cz, Robert Reichel and Roman Hamrlik have declined the opportunity to play in the tournament, citing the fact that they want to stay at home with their families.

You figure they'll have enough time to do that when the NHL is in a lockout.

danaluvsthekings

May 1, 2004
Golbez said:

I'm sure the Kings fans on the board would be curious to know what Cechmanek and Straka's injuries are, especially if they were playing for the Czech team at the World Championships.

Why can't they get healthy? Why? :banghead:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Holik's an interesting situation. He considers himself American, and was actually being considered for the U.S. World Cup team. The reason he wasn't named was pretty curious (Pleau et al claims he's not eligible for any other international tournament, if that's true or not I don't know), and he seemed pretty disappointed. Whether he'd suit up for the Czechs is unknown. I tend to doubt it though as he didn't play for them in the last Olympics, and either wasn't asked or declined to play for them at this year's WC's.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
While Sykora can play center, it's better to keep him on the right side. As much of a sick like it'd be to have Elias, Pete and Hejduk on a line, no one should play center on that line, and someone has to make big plays. Put Prospal in between Sykora and Elias, and there's a good line, too. Hejduk could be put elsewhere.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Something like this maybe (although it's done very quick, I could have overlooked some players):

Goalies:
Vokoun, Cechmanek, Prusek

Defense:
Hamrlik - Kubina
T Kaberle - Modry
Kuba - Zidlicky
Spares: Spacek, F Kaberle

Offense:
Elias - Bonk - Sykora
Jagr - Lang - Hejduk
Prospal - Straka - Havlat
Hlavac - Reichel - Dvorak
Spares: Vyborny, Hemsky, Varada

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I really doubt that Hasek will play after having groin surgery around the time the playoffs started. They'll be in pretty good shape with Vokoun as their #1 though.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
ZeroTheHero said:
Does Holik even have czech citizenship? :dunno:

And I'd be surprised if Dopita isn't on any of the top three lines...

I think Dopita will be on the top line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->