What a week for Perry

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Just another week at the office for Perry!

3g 13a 16pts this weekend in 3 games, this week he had 19pts in 4 games and in last 6 game point scoring streak he has 24pts.... I have a hunch he'll get OHL and CHL player of the week and is well on his way to both monthly honors as well.

I think the only one in CHL to put up these numbers is Crosby. Whats Crosby's best 3, 4 and 6 game point totals... anyone know?

And no i'm not comparing Perry to Crosby, I know Crosby is only 17, i'm just curious.

On another note, its almost a given that Perry will break the Knights all time point record, he needs 2 to tie and 3 to break in 5 games left I believe.

Another fun stat for the Knights is they went 4-0 this week outscoring them 31-1, even though the competition wasn't the best, still very impressive going down the stretch.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Joe_Strummer said:
2004-05 Rimouski 57 58 87 145 70 - 17 yo - August 7
2004-05 London 56 44 78 122 111 - 19 yo - May 16

soooooo tired of people bringing up what Crosby is doing everytime there is a Perry thread.

Congrats in advance to Corey Perry for becoming the London Knights all time top scorer this coming week.

PDO

Jan 12, 2005
Edmonton
Isn't Crosby at some rediculous PPG rate since the WJC... maybe 4 PPG? If so, I'm sure he's had a crazier week.. but maybe not?

Either way, Perry is doing great, and hopefully he can translate this into the NHL.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Joe_Strummer said:
2004-05 Rimouski 57 58 87 145 70 - 17 yo - August 7
2004-05 London 56 44 78 122 111 - 19 yo - May 16

Did you not see the point that i'm not comparing the two :loony: :thumbd: :shakehead , I know Crosby is 17 and will be a much better player than Crosby... the point of my thread was how great a week Perry has had.

Unless you have the stats I asked for about Crosby (number of points in a 3, 4 or 6game) then I don't want to hear about Crosby, theres a huge thread dedicated to him, go post there.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
McDonald19 said:
soooooo tired of people bringing up what Crosby is doing everytime there is a Perry thread.

Congrats in advance to Corey Perry for becoming the London Knights all time top scorer this coming week.

I'm just tired of ALL the circle******* that goes on at this site about just this London Knights team ... they haven't done **** in the past couple of years ... choked against the Guelph Storm last year with the OHL title on the line ... choked a 3-0 lead in the WCF against the Storm ... I would bet money that they don't win the Mem Cup this year ... pressure is a *****

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
trahans99 said:
Did you not see the point that i'm not comparing the two :loony: :thumbd: :shakehead , I know Crosby is 17 and will be a much better player than Crosby... the point of my thread was how great a week Perry has had.

Unless you have the stats I asked for about Crosby (number of points in a 3, 4 or 6game) then I don't want to hear about Crosby, theres a huge thread dedicated to him, go post there.

Consecutive Games With at least one point ... wow 4-6 games

C Crosby, Sidney Rim 2004-10-23 to 2005-02-11 37 gp 41 goals 52 assists 93 points

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
It looks they have four top scorers on that team including Hawk second rounder Dave Bolland. WHats the line combo for the top two lines.

Bolland has pretty good stats too, Im wondering how much of that is because of the talent he is playing around or conversely is me helping those players build up their stats.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Hey Crosby people....stay in the Crosby thread we are talking about Corey Perry, so please go kiss Mr. Crosby's Butt...in the official Sidney Crosby thread at the top of the page!!

Congrats to Mr. Perry on setting the London record later this week.

:lol

PK*

Unbiased Canadian said:
Putting money against London...a team that's lost what? 5 games all year....you my friend are a genius!!!
:bow:
Actually, he could be a genius since the odds for the other teams are going to be pretty low. I know I wouldn't put money on London, the return would be minimal.

AndersEriksson*

How ignorant to even think that Perry could be considered a good CHL player when there is Crosby. Who cares if Perry is breaking scoring records when there is Crosby?

Perry is having an awesome season. Why can't people just be allowed to acknowledge that? :banghead:

Go Perry :handclap:

Chootoi

Jan 7, 2005
my, my - what a hostile environment we have here.

i think a rimouski/london mem cup final would settle this debate ;)

looks like it could happen too

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I think part of the cause of the second post in the thread may come from the fact that trahans posted basically nothing but yay team-London Knights threads. Which personally is fine with me, I mean an update is an update, but I know a few find it really annoying.

Just a guess.

Great week by Perry, though.

Nielson81

Feb 28, 2002
www.hockeysfutureradio.com
Chootoi said:
my, my - what a hostile environment we have here.

i think a rimouski/london mem cup final would settle this debate ;)

looks like it could happen too

Could happen....but it won't I'd bet my piece of junk 1990 Taurus that the Mem Cup Final is London vs WHL champ.

Although you never know what happens in a small tournament like the Mem Cup.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Unbiased Canadian said:
Could happen....but it won't I'd bet my piece of junk 1990 Taurus that the Mem Cup Final is London vs WHL champ.

Although you never know what happens in a small tournament like the Mem Cup.

Kelowna is going to win the Mem Cup this year to :yo:

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Matt MacInnis said:
I think part of the cause of the second post in the thread may come from the fact that trahans posted basically nothing but yay team-London Knights threads. Which personally is fine with me, I mean an update is an update, but I know a few find it really annoying.

Just a guess.

Great week by Perry, though.

In case you (people annoyed) haven't noticed I post in all different threads (business, NHL)... but I have posted lots on the Knights this year due to them having one of the best years in CHL history along w/ many top notch prospects who are doing some pretty remarkable things.... if the knights were just an average team as usual i wouldn't be postinga bout them as much. not my fault they have lots to talk about.

and i've said before is someone doesn't like the london knights posts then don't read them, i'm not forcing anyone to read and respond to them

I too hope its a London/Rimouski final

Last edited:

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
Joe_Strummer said:
choked a 3-0 lead in the WCF against the Storm

Don't know where your getting your stats from but lets take a look back in history.

2004 Western Conference Finals

Game 1 - Guelph 4, LONDON 2
Game 2 - London 3, GUELPH 2 (OT)
Game 3 - Guelph 4, LONDON 3
Game 4 - GUELPH 5, London 2
Game 5 - LONDON 2, Guelph 1 (OT)
Game 6 - London 5, GUELPH 2
Game 7 - Guelph 6, LONDON 3

As you can see London trailed Guelph 3-1 at one point before forcing a game 7. All this talk about choking is pathetic, last season the Knigths finshed the regular season with 53 wins and 110 points while Guelph finsihed the year with 49 wins and 103 points. These two teams were close all year long. In terms of experience Guelph had a lot more simply because most of thier key players were 19 and 20 years old while London's key players were 17 and 18. Now those 17 and 18 year olds are a year older and gained a lot of experience from the playoffs last year. Choking isn't the right word, I can understand if London lost in the 1st round to the 8th seed but that didn't happen. Fact of the matter is it was a hard fought 7 game series between 2 evenly matched teams and Guelph came out on top, I wouldn't call that choking at all. Now if they lose this year it would be choking simply because the second place team in the OHL is nowhere near London at this point. If they don't win this year they can be labeled as chokers but right now that can't be said.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
MassiveHabs said:
Can't we all just like em both? they are both hella good hockey players
True and Crosby shouldn't come up on a thread about Perry's great week
but it was actually the original poster who brought it up.

I think it would be awesome seeing them face each other in the Memorial Cup
especially since they were linemates at the WJC.What a story that would
make for junior hockey.

IMO Corey is a player that is always going to have people picking apart his
game but he's going to keep producing and proving the pundits wrong.

Last edited:

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
Matt MacInnis said:

I'm a Knights season-ticket holder and I find it bloody annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->