GDT: What a Season: Devils @ Capitals, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm very happy to see all these starters being rested. I was worried Skeletor would do the dopey Bill Belichick thing.

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Fine with resting our top guys. Doesn’t make sense to risk injury. Although I wish we could have called up a few guys like Santini.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm very happy to see all these starters being rested. I was worried Skeletor would do the dopey Bill Belichick thing.

Hah yeah...I'm completely fine with resting everyone after the long drive. Let them recharge from two months of practically win or die games and have a week off before the actual playoffs.

I do think it might have been a different story if home ice was still on the table but they weren't gonna go to the wall just to pick a different road series with a different juggernaut. Glad they're at least letting Nico play all 82, that's something to hang his hat on. I'm sure his icetime'll be down tonight though.

Kind of feel bad for Cory going with our B lineup against our A lineup but it is what it is at this point.

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Bummed they're resting to Taylor. Probably the smart decision, but I'm big on personal stats, and I really wanted him to at least reach 40 goals, and possibly challenge for the club record. Oh well.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Poor NHL Network, they were hyping up “Hall and the Devils versus Oshie and the caps” alllll week for their streaming telecast tonight haha.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
BTW I'm old enough to remember when we got Dave Andreychuk injured in a meaningless last regular season game (and that was his best season with us too). So I'm doubly fine with this.

Reactions: glenwo2

HenriquesJawLine

Mar 6, 2009
.Thanks.
Hmmm :(

I don't like this. Rest that is. They aren't going to play again for almost a week what's the sense of potentially throwing away a game?
I'm sure people would feel differently if they saw Tom Wilson send Hall into the boards or Palms block an Ovie shot

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
It would be great if the Devils B-roster won the Capitals A-roster. However, it’s pretty easy to assume that the Devils get the second wild card spot and they play against the Lightning or the Bruins. Probably Lightning.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There's also still a possibility (albeit under 50%) that the Flyers lose in regulation and we're locked into the Metro bracket by puck drop anyway. Then we'd just be picking Washington or Pittsburgh first and probably get the other later if we pull an upset.

Poor NHL Network, they were hyping up “Hall and the Devils versus Oshie and the caps” alllll week for their streaming telecast tonight haha.

That didn't age too well :laugh:

Reactions: Blender

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
More Severson humiliation is a good thing.

The sooner he understands he's not an all-star he'll become an improved defenseman.
Live look at Mirco
tumblr_nd2ah7vGj01ro95bto4_r1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->