GDT: What a Season: Devils @ Capitals, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hynes is going all out. I thought Andy Greene and few others would get a rest, however, with 4 to 5 days off I guess that’s enough.

? Amanda said the lineup wouldn't be out till 11:30. I don't think he'd sit the captain for rest purposes though, he'll probably just give him less icetime.

Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
? Amanda said the lineup wouldn't be out till 11:30. I don't think he'd sit the captain for rest purposes though, he'll probably just give him less icetime.
I'm not sure we'll rest anyone unless they have a nagging injury and could use the extra days off.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I'm not sure we'll rest anyone unless they have a nagging injury and could use the extra days off.

I would be very surprised if they didn't at least get Johansson in the game today though, even if they go with the rest of their A lineup. If he's not playing today I suspect he'd just be a caddy along for the ride in the playoffs (he might be anyway). Severson probably draws back in too for whomever though he's probably gonna be on the bench at the start of the postseason.

Reactions: Blender

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
On my phone so I can't post the lineup Amanda tweeted out, but a lot if guys are out resting tonight. Which I like personally. They've been going full tilt for a while now securing their spot, at least they can rest for one more night before the playoffs start

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
If MoJo cant get in the lineup for Hayes, then he must of had a setback and wont play for the rest of the season

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If MoJo cant get in the lineup for Hayes, then he must of had a setback and wont play for the rest of the season

I don't know about a setback since he was 'cleared' and taken off IR but it does seem like they're putting him in the freezer now. Can't see him being a part of the playoff roster at this point even after an injury or two.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

I don't really see what the difference is tbh...if you're cleared for contact why wouldn't you be cleared to play? You might not be ready to play but it would seem to me being cleared for contact should be the final hurdle?

Reactions: AlexTheDevilsFan

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

I don't really see what the difference is tbh...if you're cleared for contact why wouldn't you be cleared to play? You might not be ready to play but it would seem to me being cleared for contact should be the final hurdle?

Games and practice are different animals though. He might be cleared for the lighter contact he'd get in practice but not yet considered ready to play at full game speed.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Doesn't seem that way unless Oshie's a rest day lol

.Thanks.
Hmmm :(

I don't like this. Rest that is. They aren't going to play again for almost a week what's the sense of potentially throwing away a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad