What 5 players

Status
Not open for further replies.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Maybe I am stupid or blind or something but he asked for the Calder candidates of 2004. Aren`t we in 2004 right now!?

Mine would be players actualy in the NHL: Pitkanen, Raycroft, Ryder, Hunter, Bergeron.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
espion said:
Maybe I am stupid or blind or something but he asked for the Calder candidates of 2004. Aren`t we in 2004 right now!?

Mine would be players actualy in the NHL: Pitkanen, Raycroft, Ryder, Hunter, Bergeron.
I keep forgeting what year I'm in......lol

st_roland

JasonMacIsaac said:
Parise has a 2nd line spot between Friesen and Langenbrunner waiting for him ;)

I can't believe that i'm saying this as an avalanche fan, but I hope Parise turns into a huge superstar so that the US can finally have one of their own.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Impossible to tell. Before this season started Ruutu was the odds on favorite for these boards, where guys like Hunter, Ryder,Bergeron,Raycroft and Malone weren't even mentioned.
It will probably be the same next year.

If I were to pick for this year though, I'd say Pitkanen.

Next year, I'll say Ovechkin (really goin out on a limb with that one).

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
espion said:

Well the way I read the question is that he was asking for next year's candidates.

Because we already have about one million threads talking about the frontrunners for this year's Calder and he wouldn't even have to search past page 2 on a few boards to find something. Not to mention that we have a writer covering the race with articles on the main page.

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Brock said:
Well the way I read the question is that he was asking for next year's candidates.

Because we already have about one million threads talking about the frontrunners for this year's Calder and he wouldn't even have to search past page 2 on a few boards to find something. Not to mention that we have a writer covering the race with articles on the main page.

Not quite sure which year is implied by 04 so i will do both

03 - 04
1. Andrew Raycroft
2. Trent Hunter
3. Michael Ryder
4. Patrice Bergeron
5. Phillipe Sauve

04 - 05
1. Alexander Ovechkin
2. Kari Lehtonen
3. Dion Phaneuf
4. Zach Parise
5. Patrick O'Sullivan
Thats Right O'sullivan Is on the list

leafaholix*

st_roland said:
I can't believe that i'm saying this as an avalanche fan, but I hope Parise turns into a huge superstar so that the US can finally have one of their own.
Umm... Pat Lafontaine? Mike Modano?

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
Good call on O'Sullivan...but why did you put him at #5. I think he's going to surprise a whole lot of people.... I'm putting my money on him for the #1 spot for 2005 Calder

May 1, 2003
Visit site
MePutPuckInNet said:
Good call on O'Sullivan...but why did you put him at #5. I think he's going to surprise a whole lot of people.... I'm putting my money on him for the #1 spot for 2005 Calder

Yeah O'Sullivan is good, he really slipped in the draft i thought he would go 1st round for sure, hes put up just as good if not better numbers in the OHL then staal

The_Wiz

Apr 6, 2003
nova scotia
Visit site
stardog said:
Why does Malone get no love?

Exactly what i was thinking !!!! He came out of nowhere !!!

People didn't even think he's make the team !!!

He's got what 18 goals now ? I love when a no-namer comes up and shocks everyone.

And i love when i have him in my draft too :)

nordique

I don't see how anyone can win it this year except Raycroft.

The guy is in the TOP FIVE IN THE NHL in GAA and Save Percentage and top 10 in wins. Carrying the goaltending fort for a team challenging for first place in their conference.

Relative to his peers at his position, he's been more impressive than any of the forwards or defencemen.

I'd put Pitkanen second and Hunter third...but they're not close IMO.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
stardog said:
Impossible to tell. Before this season started Ruutu was the odds on favorite for these boards, where guys like Hunter, Ryder,Bergeron,Raycroft and Malone weren't even mentioned.
It will probably be the same next year.

If I were to pick for this year though, I'd say Pitkanen.

Next year, I'll say Ovechkin (really goin out on a limb with that one).

Andrew Raycroft will get Vezina consideration, and could very well win it. There is no way Pitkanen will beat out Raycroft for the Calder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad