What 4 Teams Will Be At The Memorial Cup??

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaugher

May 2, 2002
Halifax, NS
Visit site
I'm still not sold on Rimouski.

All that needs to be done is to shut down the Crosby line (yes, that is a monumental task in and of itself). They do not have the depth to get to the Memorial Cup, in my humble opinion. Crosby/Pouliot/Roussin are dominant, the second line is great, but their third and fourth lines are made up of scrubs and goons.

Their defense has an almost complete lack of defensive-minded defensemen (Scalzo, Coulombe, and for the most part, Sersen are all offense-first, and log nearly all of the ice-time).

Their goaltending is suspect to say the least with Filiatrault. He's a decent netminder, but is he good enough to take the 'Nics to the promised land? No, I don't think so.

As it stands now, they will probably have to score six goals in order to win most games. If the 'Nics run into a team with a dynamite checking line, their ship will be sunk.

However, given the parity in the QMJHL this season, it wouldn't surprise me to see any of five or six teams make it out of the Q' -- Rimouski included.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Only people from Rimouski and people who don't follow the QMJHL would think Rimouski will come out on top. Over a 7 game series the team with the more depth (any team) will wear down them. Hell, I hope Cape Breton faces them first round so we can be the first to make the upset.

Louiss

Feb 28, 2002
twitter.com
Here are my picks for the QMJHL ... 6 teams can win it In think
1- Halifax
2- Rimouski
3- Moncton
4- Chicoutimi
5- Rouyin-Noranda
6- Québec

To have a chance to win it Rimouski has to finish 1st of his division in front of Chicoutimi in order to have a bye pass in the 1st round and not play Moncton in the quarter...

if they finish 4th overall standing their chance are very slim....

Louiss

Feb 28, 2002
twitter.com
and to answer Phil Laugher... yes the offense is build around 1 line and the 3rd and 4th lines are weak... (even the 2nd is so-so)
but I dont agree for the defense they have been playing very well. Scalzo and Coulombe are offensive d-men but Scalzo is so quick to come back and they play with the big line so they dominate.
Sersen is one of the best defensive d-men in the Q.
Again the depth is not there 16 years old Bona is not quick enough this year and should not be a regulate player on a contender.

For the goalies Filiatrault is just decent yes but Desjardins has been playings really well recently. something like 2,00 GAA and ,920 PCT in the last 10 games...

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I think anybody writing Moncton off is crazy. Yes the team has been absolutely horrific since Christmas, but what team wouldn't suck missing three of its four big offensive guns and their #3 defenceman?

If the Wildacats are able to get healthy (and it appears they'll have everybody back by the end of February) and stay healthy, I would consider this team the favourite despite the recent slide.

Moncton has the best goaltender in the Q, and possibly the entire CHL with how he's played this season (Corey Crawford).

The top four guys have proven to be a potent offensive attack (Bernier, Karsums, Graham, Pineault) and with the injuries, the teams younger players have contributed more.

Defence is the big question on the team. Beyond Saunders and Bartulis there isn't much worth anything.

Either way, I think with a full roster, that this is the hardest team to beat in a seven game series.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Personally, I want to see how London stacks up against the WHL champion. London has such an rediculous record, they seem to be just dominant but I don't think they would have only 4 losses playing in the WHL up to this point. I think this tourney will be VERY ineteresting, again, if to see nothing more than if London is as good their record in the OHL shows.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
someone clear this up for me....

If London wins the OHL championship, who represents the OHL at the MC? The other team in the finals?

Tipped Off

Bergeron47 said:
London for sure.
Rimouski, I agree.
WHL will probably be Kelowna again, but I'm hopin Saskatoon.
I'm thinkin Owen Sound for OHL

WHl winner wasn't Kelowna last year. They were the host team. Medicine Hat won the WHL Championship last year by sweeping the Tips in the Final 4-0 after the Tips won three consecutive overtime games to beat the Rockets 4-3.

That being said:
H = London
Q = Quebec
O = Owen Sound
W = Kootenay

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Jason MacIsaac said:
Only people from Rimouski and people who don't follow the QMJHL would think Rimouski will come out on top. Over a 7 game series the team with the more depth (any team) will wear down them. Hell, I hope Cape Breton faces them first round so we can be the first to make the upset.

If they're hot (goaltending included) the series (any series) could be over in 4. Then they can rest but of course they have to come out hot again.

I wouldn't rule them out in a seven game series either. Though 7 after 7 after 7 would be tough on any team.

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
Q: Moncton
O: Sudbury*
Dub: Seattle
Host: London

* means they'll be in via default because of a London vs Sudbury final. I pick London as the OHL Champions, this Sudbury team is gonna be scary come playoff time.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
I dont think Rimouski can make all the playoff...
Québec/Moncton have a better chance.

... but obiviously Shawinigan will win the playoffs this year :D :D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad