What’s wrong with Forsberg?

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
Since he returned from injury on February 1, he has THREE goals. Simply not good enough for a player of his caliber. Think he’s still aggravated by his wrist? Defenses just figuring him out? I know he’s always been streaky & can catch fire at any moment. It’s just frustrating right now.

His playmaking ability has been very good but we really, really need him to find his scoring touch before the playoffs. He’s the only forward we have that can take over a game.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
He has demonstrated frustration over the past two games with the misses. I think he is putting himself under way too much pressure.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I don't think it was th he injury. I think the bigger factor was the suspension which threw his game off for a bit and he is just now coming around. He's pressing a bit, but the effort and the plays are there.

I think if he can ever get one or two it's going to open the flood gates.

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
His confidence issues will always limit him s a "tier 2" scorer.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
He is always invisible at some part of the season, but still would be our point leader if he didn't get injured and suspended. Didn't he have 3 goals in the opening 2 months last year?

He's good but not PPG good. And to be fair it's because of the system, not the player in my opinion. I doubt we will get a PPG player in our cup window due to how much of our goal scoring is due to our defensemen getting to make plays more than our C's do pretty much.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
He is always invisible at some part of the season, but still would be our point leader if he didn't get injured and suspended. Didn't he have 3 goals in the opening 2 months last year?

He's good but not PPG good. And to be fair it's because of the system, not the player in my opinion. I doubt we will get a PPG player in our cup window due to how much of our goal scoring is due to our defensemen getting to make plays more than our C's do pretty much.
Agree completely about the system- because of our system and depth we just are not going to have an 80 point scorer very often, if ever- and for me that’s a good thing

But I do think Forsberg is capable of it under the right circumstances

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
He presses at times when things aren't going well. It's nothing new. He'll snap out of it.
He's completely useless when he does this. He needs to see a sports phycologist or something to learn how to "cope" when things aren't going his way.

Everyone has streaks and all, but he's are really bad. James Neal was fairly streaky, but he kept doing the right things when he went through a drought. Forsberg does the wrong things. Hopefully that can still be addressed with him.

I don't think it's a system problem. It's the above, but also he's just not as gifted offensively as guys like Kucherov, Laine, etc.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
He's completely useless when he does this. He needs to see a sports phycologist or something to learn how to "cope" when things aren't going his way.

Everyone has streaks and all, but he's are really bad. James Neal was fairly streaky, but he kept doing the right things when he went through a drought. Forsberg does the wrong things. Hopefully that can still be addressed with him.

I don't think it's a system problem. It's the above, but also he's just not as gifted offensively as guys like Kucherov, Laine, etc.

Ill just be kind and say most of the board will disagree with this assessment

Reactions: FierceFalcon

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
166.gif

Reactions: LCPreds

zhok

Feb 10, 2018
I don't mean it as it dig to Forsberg, but he can't just try to go through the defenders one on onewhen things are going badly for him offensively. That's also what he tried to do vs Pittsburgh last year and of course it didn't work out for him or us. He's got to keep banging in the corners, going to the net, getting his teammates involved... none of this "ISO" stuff he does when he thinks he should score. I'm sure it's been preached to him, but he just keeps doing this 1 on 1 stuff. He's definitely one of the streakiest scorers in the NHL. He's either red hot or ice cold.

We do have more depth to sustain us when Forsberg goes through one of his cold spells. But that doens't exclude him from needing to improve when things aren't falling for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad