WHA Entry Level Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
La-La-Laprise said:
I think with Crosby he will sign later on. If it looks like the league is looking good to go he may sign.

I can see your point of not wanting to lose Crosby, particularly based on were you call home .. It certainly does not affect me directly way over here in Western Canada the same way..

but I just don't see any way Crosby stays if the WHA starts up.. mainly for money reasons.. unless like you say he gets a big gift to stay in Halifax ..

and with signing ...He could do that tomorrow .. Joe Thornton Signed with HC Davos of the Swiss League and may never even get on a plane to head overseas.. its just a back up plan... Even if he signs he could still play in the Q if he chooses to..

and I look at it this way the Toro's WHA team should do everything in their power to get him signed ASAP as it adds incredible credibility to the WHA as a league.. and could be the first piece of the puzzle that gets the Snowball rolling down hill and other players signing up... With Crosby like Gretzky many years ago ..getting that marquee player in the fold would and could change the success rate of the league..

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
zecke26 said:
yes it is as long as it's not about some Q owners who spent money on a pregnant russian and other holes in the NCAA. ;)

i have no problem with the crosby to WHA discussion, although maybe more people would share their thought if you would start a new thread.

but crosby to WHA is ok. :)

LOL yeah i gotcha :)

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Messenger said:
I can see your point of not wanting to lose Crosby, particularly based on were you call home .. It certainly does not affect me directly way over here in Western Canada the same way..

but I just don't see any way Crosby stays if the WHA starts up.. mainly for money reasons.. unless like you say he gets a big gift to stay in Halifax ..

and with signing ...He could do that tomorrow .. Joe Thornton Signed with HC Davos of the Swiss League and may never even get on a plane to head overseas.. its just a back up plan... Even if he signs he could still play in the Q if he chooses to..

and I look at it this way the Toro's WHA team should do everything in their power to get him signed ASAP as it adds incredible credibility to the WHA as a league.. and could be the first piece of the puzzle that gets the Snowball rolling down hill and other players signing up... With Crosby like Gretzky many years ago ..getting that marquee player in the fold would and could change the success rate of the league..

I actually hope he plays WHA :) I want to see all the Rimouski fans piss and moan. Plus Halifax and Rimouski should battle it out for top spot in the league. Makes the Mooseheads job easier.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
La-La-Laprise said:
I actually hope he plays WHA :) I want to see all the Rimouski fans piss and moan. Plus Halifax and Rimouski should battle it out for top spot in the league. Makes the Mooseheads job easier.

Okay I see that point .. GO WHL GO ..lets get some more Dub players drafted .. Marek Schwarz & Andrej Meszaros both picked in the first round of the NHL draft and import draft in the WHL by the Vancouver Giants.. Both are said to be possibly coming over to NA next year .. Huge rivals of the Kelowna Rockets .. So lets get these two guys picked and off to the WHA instead of the WHL ...

See now you actually gave me something else to look forward to in the rest of the WHA entry draft .. :)

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Messenger said:
Okay I see that point .. GO WHL GO ..lets get some more Dub players drafted .. Marek Schwarz & Andrej Meszaros both picked in the first round of the NHL draft and import draft in the WHL by the Vancouver Giants.. Both are said to be possibly coming over to NA next year .. Huge rivals of the Kelowna Rockets .. So lets get these two guys picked and off to the WHA instead of the WHL ...

See now you actually gave me something else to look forward to in the rest of the WHA entry draft .. :)

Yeah lol just another story line.

Man they are slow updating.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
La-La-Laprise said:
Yeah lol just another story line.

Man they are slow updating.

Well done .. :handclap:

That was exactly my sarcasm I was going for and what I meant when I posted that.. It takes forever for them to release the results .. I could double my HF post count waiting and discussing these other related issue's, of possible players to the WHA :) amateur draft today ..

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
La-La-Laprise said:

What about this

"Halifax will likely be targeting a number of Québec Major Junior League stars. Halifax Mooseheads goaltender Jason Churchill may get a chance to turn pro at age 19 and his teammate, forward Jan Steber should also garner attention."

for the WHA :) draft today..

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Messenger said:
What about this

"Halifax will likely be targeting a number of Québec Major Junior League stars. Halifax Mooseheads goaltender Jason Churchill may get a chance to turn pro at age 19 and his teammate, forward Jan Steber should also garner attention."

for the WHA :) draft today..

Yeah they can pick anyone they want but that doesnt mean they will play.

Churchill is 1 year removed from JR A hockey, i think too much too soon would hurt his development.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Round 16

121 Founders' - Rene Bourque LW (---)
122 Florida - Cory Urquhart C (MTL)
123 Québec - David Tremblay G (PHI)
124 Dallas - Brett Skinner D (VAN)
125 Hamilton - Mitch Maunu D (CHI)
126 Detroit - Mark Heatley LW (---)
127 Halifax - Jeff Harvey G (---)
128 Toronto - Liam Reddox C (EDM)

Round 17

129 Toronto - Jean-Michel Rizk RW (MIN)
130 Halifax - Jeff Doyle RW (---)
131 Detroit - Jake Dowell C (CHI)
132 Hamilton - Jesse Lane D (CAR)
133 Dallas - Dave Steckel C (---)
134 Québec - Martins Karsums C (BOS)
135 Florida - David Lifftion D (NYR)
136 Founders' - Jordan Parise G (---)

Round 18

137 Founders' - Pierre-Olivier Beaulieu D (DET)
138 Florida - Dany Stewart LW (MTL)
139 Québec - Francis Wathier LW (DAL)
140 Dallas - Nathan Marsters G (LA)
141 Hamilton - Loui Eriksson C/LW (DAL)
142 Detroit - Matt Hunwick D (BOS)
143 Halifax - Robbie Earl LW (TOR)
144 Toronto - Tyler Haskins C (DET)

Round 19

145 Toronto - Rane Carnegie RW (---)
146 Halifax - Andrew Joudrey C (WSH)
147 Detroit - Jason Ryznar LW (NJ)
148 Hamilton - Dave Brown G (PIT)
149 Dallas - Alexander Steen C (TOR)
150 Québec - Philippe Dupuis C (CBJ)
151 Florida - Shane Hynes RW (ANA)
152 Founders' - Jonathan Filewich RW (PIT)

Round 20

153 Founders' - Gilbert Brule C (2005)
154 Florida - Andrei Mikhnov LW (STL)
155 Québec - Jakub Petruzalek RW (NYR)
156 Dallas - Johan Fransson D (DAL)
157 Hamilton - Johnny Boychuk D (COL)
158 Detroit - Chris Murphy RW (---)
159 Halifax - Mark Flood D (MTL)
160 Toronto - Evan McGrath C (DET)

Last edited:

stockwizard*

Crosby will stay in the Q where he belongs. Crosby does not have the same mind set as some of you and Ovechkin who would love to get your sweaty hands on some quick cash.
You are assuming if he is paid 5 million it will go directly in his account. Ever heard of taxes and agent fees? He would be lucky to get half.
I really feel sorry for Hull for trying to start such a rediculous venture that is doomed to fail.
Crosby will never betray Rimouski, and Rimouski would never pay Crosby $5 million.
This is a joke of a league. It bores me.
Crosby does not look at the short term. He is focused on making the NHL.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
What if there IS an NHL season? Could a player decide to play in the WHA anyway, even if he is drafted by an NHL team but unsigned - and he's still eligible to play in the CHL?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
MePutPuckInNet said:
What if there IS an NHL season? Could a player decide to play in the WHA anyway, even if he is drafted by an NHL team but unsigned - and he's still eligible to play in the CHL?

Certainly. The NHL and CHL don't own unsigned players.

PEli*

La-La-Laprise said:
Someone should also tell the Ontario boys to stop picking OHL players for the Icebreakers.

Talk about out of touch.

Oh well

Maybe this is their idea of breaking the ice...I mean bridging the gap between Ontario and Halifax. Who knows?

Gags1288

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Why wasn't Jeff Carter drafted? He's one of the top prospect's in the league, i would have thought he would surely have been picked in one of the first 5 rounds.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
La-La-Laprise said:
She was...she gave birth here in Halifax im pretty sure.

Then he bolted back to Russia and stole some of the gear...what a guy.
I'm glad this guy will never make it to the Kings. . .

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Gags1288 said:
Why wasn't Jeff Carter drafted? He's one of the top prospect's in the league, i would have thought he would surely have been picked in one of the first 5 rounds.

It's possible he or his agent made it very clear that he would not play in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad