Series Talk: WCQF: Winnipeg Jets Vs. Colorado Avalanche (COL lead 3-1)

What's your prediction for the series result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Yep. Time for some nasty trash talk:

View attachment 853793

Yeah, I went there. Things just got real, yo.

(If I went too far the 'report' button is at the bottom left. I leave myself at the mercy of the mods. Great bunch, those HF Mods.)

m.
I just learned the Avs retired their first mascot cause everyone was mistaking it for a Yeti - it was supposed to be a hot Denver woman. Poor mascot got cancelled for objectification of Colorado women and replaced with a more realistic depiction of Denver ladies. Bernadette….apparently not a St. Bernard!

Colorado mascots. So confusing!

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I didn't say the Jets had average goaltending. I said that even if they Jets only get average goaltending from Helle and Broissoit it is still miles better than the Avs goaltending. Sorry that it didn't come across clearly.
Stumpytown….more like stumpy-clown!! Burn!

Go Jerts Go!

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
As a jets fan. I’ve always liked the Avs but I’ll try some trash talk.

Honestly I can’t.

Between smoking dope and drinking craft beer there are more similarities between winnipeg and Colorado than not. Minus the scenery and good wifi

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Home ice advantage should help. Hard match Lowry to Mackinnon at 5v5. Ehlers line should feast and Scheifele's line can hold their head above water.

If the Avs can get Mackinnon vs. Scheifele consistently we'll be in trouble.

Special teams will be huge too, Jets need to stay out of the box. Our penalty kill is atrocious and well our PP is just as bad.

I've got the Jets in 7. Need Helle to be at his best.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Can you do it with minimum 13 games played? Just for fun
Broissoit sits at #2 after Frederik Anderson.

1713380763729.png

That was fun!

m.

Reactions: hn777

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Home ice advantage should help. Hard match Lowry to Mackinnon at 5v5. Ehlers line should feast and Scheifele's line can hold their head above water.

Special teams will be huge too, Jets need to stay out of the box. Our penalty kill is atrocious and well our PP is just as bad.

Same for us brother ! Our PK is absolutely horrendous no one is clearing the crease and there's always someone open for a cross pass. We will need Mittelstadt and Nichushkin to step up. They have been very underwhelming the last couple games. If the 2022 Makar-Toews show up damn I'll like our chances I think it would help our defense but also our goalie.

Reactions: JetsWillFly4Ever

TheDeuce

Feb 22, 2009

I don't know how much of a role home ice advantage has played in the past when the two teams are roughly equal but looking at Colorado's home ice record vs their road record makes me feel a bit of relief that the Jets secured second place.

Colorado's home record: 30-9-1. Almost gaudy.
Colorado's away record: 19-16-6. AKA 19-22. Almost grody. Not grody to the max, but grody nonetheless.

But it's the playoffs. It's a whole new hockey game.

m.

Reactions: roccerfeller

TheDeuce

Feb 22, 2009
Same for us brother ! Our PK is absolutely horrendous no one is clearing the crease and there's always someone open for a cross pass. We will need Mittelstadt and Nichushkin to step up. They have been very underwhelming the last couple games. If the 2022 Makar-Toews show up damn I'll like our chances I think it would help our defense but also our goalie.
Yeah, that was a huge surprise for me watching the Jets - Avs game. Our pp actually clicked while I thought the Avs had a solid pk as per this article:

I'm betting the Avs will go back to their shutdown pk play once the playoffs start though. That 7-0 game was an outlier in every possible way.

m.

If Avs lose this series it will 100% because of the refs ! Just sayin.
Tell me you're a closet Canucks fan without telling me you're a closet Canucks fan.

m.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Flukey cause MacKinnon didn’t play for 1 or 2 games? What are you talking about?! lol.

The cope is delicious.

The first game in Denver MacKinnon had a goal and an assist - involved in both goals in a 4-2 loss

The next game in Winnipeg MacKinnon had 2 assists on both Avs goals in a 6-2 loss to the jets

The third game was 7-0 but mackinnon was there, even though it didn’t seem like it.

Every game the Jets get better at beating the Avs and making MacKinnon less relevant.

What’s the next score gonna be 8 to -1 Jets? MacKinnon scores an own goal?

Can’t wait to find out!

Go jets go - beat them in 4giev!
Congrats on the cup.

Colorado is still obviously a cup favorite but this is probably their worst match up
And their second worse match up is any team that shoots pucks at nets.

• Love
Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
Hard to bet against the Avs, but the Jets seem to know how to play them well. Should be an awesome series, psyched for this one
Same a
Jets went 3-0 against the Avs this season.

7-0
6-2
4-2

They won both games in Denver and outscored the Avs by 13 in 3 games.

Because they dominated Colorado in the season I got to go with Winnipeg in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad