Series Talk: WCQF: Edmonton Oilers vs Los Angeles Kings | EDM Lead 3-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
I got oil in 6. LA doesn't seem as strong as years past for whatever reasons. Talbot and Rittich aren't gonna keep shooters up at night either.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
We used to have a dance off with the sharks fans.
Given this is year 3 of Kings-Oilers, need to come up with a GIF contest of some kind
1613150510238.gif

Oilers in 4.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Kings will win one in Edmonton.

Oilers will rough up the Kings, who have no answer for any physicality. Kings cave in on themselves and respond by playing even MORE ultra conservative hockey until Edmonton's superior game breaking talent wins out.

We have all seen this rerun before.
Tale as old as time! That’s consistency my friend

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Korpisalo was the only reason that series was close to begin with. If you think talbot is going to do better I got some diamonds to sell you.

Korpisalo completely fell apart in the second half of that series last year.

Talbot is having a solid year, he made the All Star game for a reason. I will take Talbot over Skinner every time in a series. Skinner will completely self destruct like he did last year. He’s already been overplayed this year, eventually he will run out of gas.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Talbot played with these guys for years it's a huge upgrade vs Korpisalo, he could steal this one.

Oilers won the season series 3-1 but were outshot every game.

Reactions: SeanMoneyHands

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
At least if/when the Kings lose again, all the more if it's in fewer than 6 games this time, it'll look worse on Blake than a loss to Dallas would've (since you can excuse losing to the #1 seed, but not to the same team 3 years in a row) and maybe ownership will fire him. It'll be a good time, too, before Blake signs a new head coach to a multi-year contract, so a new GM could pick his own.

Last edited:

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
That's true but something looks off with Vegas. The Kings play a style that is tough to deal with in the playoffs, this won't be easy for the Oilers in the least.
Nah..The Kings had a nice start to season, got a bit of a dead cat bounce on coaching change. Other than that it's been pedestrian.

There were some close games in the past. Probably will be a few this time as well.

But Oil in 5 or 6 would not surprise me

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Korpisalo completely fell apart in the second half of that series last year.

Talbot is having a solid year, he made the All Star game for a reason. I will take Talbot over Skinner every time in a series. Skinner will completely self destruct like he did last year. He’s already been overplayed this year, eventually he will run out of gas.
Korpisalo fell apart because the Oilers realized they needed to start shooting at the top half of the net.

The actual thing the Oilers need to do this time is not go out and get dinged for a bunch of chippy slashing penalties for the first 3 games. They've had a habit of feeding the Kings powerplays early and it's almost cost them both series.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Oilers in 5. Kings are entering the playoffs with all the momentum of a salted slug.

The Kings started the season on fire and have steadily cooled to sub-zero temperatures.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
This game will be decided by Talbot.

Skinner is already broken down to Playoff Skinner. This past month he has been one of the worst goalies in the league.

• Love
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The best news for LA is that they no longer have the useless “regular season success only” coach in Todd McLennan. He costed his own team the series last year by failing to make any in-game and game-to-game adjustments. While Woodcroft was having his way with him behind the bench. New coach now, new hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad