Series Discussion Western Conference Finals - Dallas vs. Edmonton | Oilers lead 3-2

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Yeah the main board is full clowns. Went back and forth with some that wanted to claim they would have beaten Vegas cause their goalies were not the same as last year. I threw in their goalie is trash and they started the insults. So I shot back and now the snowflakes complain I need to stop insults as they insult me some more.

At the end of the day I think Edmonton is a lesser version of Colorado with weaker goalie.
Yeah I reported one of them...

Sounds promising for Hintz.
I don't believe Deboer anymore, Hakanpaa has been DTD for over 2 months lol

Reactions: roryjones

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
DeBoer on the radio today said Hakanpaa won't be ready to play until maybe later in this round while Hintz he called day to day.
Need Hintz to play. Less worried about Hakanpaa. Petrovic is about the same player as Hakanpaa especially with how Jani played for the stretch. Just need a guy to soak about 10-12 minutes and DeBoer does not like Nils.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'll have what Oilers fans are having

So far some takes I've seen from their board/fans:

Skinner/Pickard > Oettinger/Wedgewood as a duo
They're very confident Oettinger will struggle
They're very confident they'll score on every powerplay
Darnell Nurse > Lindell
Their defense > ours
Their depth = to ours or is better
Their top end guys will be unstoppable
We had an easier path to the WCF than them
LAK & VAN > COL & VGK

So many of their fans are veryyy unfamiliar with our team it's pretty hilarious. Don't know if most of them have seen a Stars game in years

It's also so funny to look at the main board and see them arguing with people about the Stars who aren't even Stars fans

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Need Hintz to play. Less worried about Hakanpaa. Petrovic is about the same player as Hakanpaa especially with how Jani played for the stretch. Just need a guy to soak about 10-12 minutes and DeBoer does not like Nils.
And I don’t think they want the Hakanpaa we saw in the weeks leading up to them shutting him down for the rest of the regular season.

Reactions: LT

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
It was the regular season so it is different but I was at that last Edmonton game where we throttled them 5-0. It wasn't competitive in the slightest. McDavid and Drai were awful. Nurse was -3 and they looked overwhelmed every time a new line jumped over the boards.

Healthy Hintz and we truck them at least twice. Early leads are vital. They'll lose faith in their goaltenders, overcommit and make mistakes we can absolutely capitalize on.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Take this with a grain of salt but might be some truth to it:

I'm not anticipating we see Jani the rest of this year.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Take this with a grain of salt but might be some truth to it:

I'm not anticipating we see Jani the rest of this year.

Tbf Bishop himself said in his retirement press thingy that if he was a normal skater and not a goalie his injury would not have ended his career . The position is just different . So i'm not anticipating this to be a career ender for Jani .

Also yeah of course its Janis knee. Pretty much clear from the second he went out the lineup . Hell probably was a given for all of us his knee would act up at some point in the season the second we were told he didn't get surgery last summer

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
What do we think Roopes chances are for Game 1? Keep hearing day to day but is skating.

Will have been an even 10 days from Game 4 vs Avs to Game 1 of the West final

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Well, so far:

Bouchard = Makar + Weber + McInnis + Coffey + Orr + Lidstrom

We're screwed guys. Might as well forfeit at this point
They are getting out of control now. Acting like this guy is the better than makar and any other defenseman ever. Dallas does need to limit his big blast from the point however. But I say make him work in his own end. He has to have Ekholm hold his hand in the defensive zone cause he is all offense.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary

Darnell Nurse > Lindell
Their defense > ours
LAK & VAN > COL & VGK

So many of their fans are veryyy unfamiliar with our team it's pretty hilarious. Don't know if most of them have seen a Stars game in years

It's also so funny to look at the main board and see them arguing with people about the Stars who aren't even Stars fans

I saw on Twitter someone mentioning Dallas missing Hintz and then an Oiler fan saying they're missing Henrique so they're in the same boat. Yes, two identical players....

I live in Alberta, and can tell you that some Oiler fans are special. There are lots of good ones, but man the bad ones are bad

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
They are getting out of control now. Acting like this guy is the better than makar and any other defenseman ever. Dallas does need to limit his big blast from the point however. But I say make him work in his own end. He has to have Ekholm hold his hand in the defensive zone cause he is all offense.
one more defenseman and star forward for miro to best.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'm at the point where if we lose this series, it'll be an all-time choke.
Like Mid 00's losing to Colorado choke.

Which makes me all that much more sure it's going to happen

Reactions: redbeardtx

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
did I read correctly that u can get tickets for playoff game in Dallas in this series for below 200$. It would be cheaper for me to fly to Dallas, stay in hotel and go to game then buy tickets in Edmonton

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
90.png

Wtf even is this, it always bothered me. Why is he holding a hockey stick like a kayaker

• Haha
Reactions: Elysian and LT

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Yup ill be there game 2 for $150 each. Weekend game too

The benefit of living where hockey isn't the main sport.
wow
Lower or Upper Bowl?

Just curious, what is the pecking order in around Dallas.
I'll take a shot
1 Dallas Cowboys
2 High School Football
3 College Football
4 Texas Rangers
5 Dallas MAvericks
6 Dallas Stars

Reactions: eartotheground

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014

Darnell Nurse > Lindell
Their defense > ours

LAK & VAN > COL & VGK

Yeah, I think most of the bold is trolling, there's a lot of dumb takes on the main board, but Oilers fans can't be that dumb. Seems like some shit Avs fans were saying prior to our series

Reactions: redbeardtx

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah, I think most of the bold is trolling, there's a lot of dumb takes on the main board, but Oilers fans can't be that dumb. Seems like some shit Avs fans were saying prior to our series

I got most of that from their main series thread on their board

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
wow
Lower or Upper Bowl?

I'll take a shot
1 Dallas Cowboys
2 High School Football
3 College Football
4 Texas Rangers
5 Dallas MAvericks
6 Dallas Stars

You're looking at 150 for nosebleeds in the "endzone" sections. Lower bowl pushes 500 a seat for WCF.

That's probably correct except for HSFB.

The Stars still have a large following and sell out every game. Certainly not a bygone team in the city.

HSFB and CFB are more localized and have some crazy fanatics. HSFB is very big in particular communities, but the city as a whole doesn't care too much. That's more of a suburb thing.

I don't know how big CFB is to Dallas in particular. Same kinda thing as HSFB but on a larger scale.

Reactions: Dallasman

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
wow
Lower or Upper Bowl?

I'll take a shot
1 Dallas Cowboys
2 High School Football
3 College Football
4 Texas Rangers
5 Dallas MAvericks
6 Dallas Stars

Nosebleeds overlooking the center of the ice (purchased before we found out who we were playing), but still not awful. Lower bowl is like $400-500+. I'd imagine that's still much cheaper than in Edmonton

And there's too many high school football teams for them to overtake the Stars but this order seems about right:

1. Cowboys
2. College football (although most of the good teams aren't too close to Dallas, but TV viewership wise absolutely). The Cotton Bowl is the biggest event of any sport here generally
3. Mavericks
4. Rangers
5. Stars
6. FC Dallas

So hey we aren't last I don't think. Even then, Stars fanbase is big cause there's so many damn people here. Plenty to go around

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
wow
Lower or Upper Bowl?

I'll take a shot
1 Dallas Cowboys
2 High School Football
3 College Football
4 Texas Rangers
5 Dallas MAvericks
6 Dallas Stars

Just checked again, and the tickets i got are now $240 each before fees. Up $90 since people found out we are playing McDavid and the Oilers I suppose, or just because supply has gone down. Probably both

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad