Western Conference All-Stars

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
I'm pleased to announce the roster for the Western Conference squad... :yo:

Captain: Nicklas Lidstrom (because he's Nick Lidstrom)
Asst. Captain: Sidney Crosby (for scoring the Gold Medal winner)
Asst. Captain: Zach Parise (for being clutch)

Zach Parise (DAL) - Henrik Sedin (NSH) - Evgeni Malkin (VAN)
Eric Staal (VAN) - Sidney Crosby (COL) - Jarome Iginla (CGY)
Blake Wheeler (SJS) - Pavel Datsyuk (CGY) - Martin Havlat (EDM)
Marco Sturm (MIN) - Derek Roy (DAL) - Miroslav Satan (PHX)

Nicklas Lidstrom (DET) - Chris Pronger (STL)
Zdeno Chara (STL) - Mike Green (CHI)
Paul Martin (ANA) - Rob Blake (CBJ)

Cam Ward (LAK)
Martin Brodeur (VAN)
Pekka Rinne (ANA)

Coach: John Tortorella (ANA)
Asst. Coach: Mike Babcock (CBJ)
Asst. Coach: Marc Crawford (STL)

General Manager: Matt Gledhill (ANA)

HFNHLOilers

Dec 13, 2008
Brampton
Nice to see Parise got and A on his jersey he been a real work horse for my team. And congrats to Derek Roy for making it to even if its fourth line duty to be considered one of the best in the west is an honour

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Pleased to see the inclusion of Blake, who's had a renaissance this season, and Babcock, who is proving you don't need stars to win the toughest division in the HFNHL. (Up for debate, as always ;) ).

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Unfortunately, due to injury, Pavel Datsyuk will not be able to play in this year's All-Star Game.

The top candidates to replace him were Mike Ribiero, Joe Thornton, and Mike Cammalleri. One would think the edge would go to Squid, given that he's my own player. :)

However, since Vancouver, St. Louis, and Anaheim already have multiple representatives, I've chosen to go a different route by naming Columbus' Olli Jokinen, who's averaging about a point-per-game in reduced time. Congrats Doug!

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

The old geezer

Feb 10, 2007
A Detroit player(Lidstrom) and St. Louis player (Pronger), both lifer's with their respective teams, playing on the same pairing? Unheard of. If it weren't for the high class level of Lidstrom I'd be worried this would turn into a game of one-up-manship ;)

Lidstrom is honoured, in what could be his final HFNHL All-Star game, to have been named captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad