West Power Rankings

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Sitting here at work and have some free time and on my hands so I was just listening to Got Yer Back and they listed their top 6 teams in terms of likelihood to win a Cup so I wanted to get HFOil's pulse on this.
I've got it as....

1) Colorado
2) Winnipeg
3) Edmonton
4) Dallas
5) L.A. Kings (I think these guys are dangerous and are being underrated)
6) Vegas (I actually think Stone will be out for Round 1 at least. If he's healthy, that changes things immensely)
7) Vancouver (lack of experience)

I listed 7 because I think it's close between the top 7 but I do think Colorado and Winnipeg are the clear top 2 though.
So....what say you guys

Reactions: Vagabond

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Colorado - Elite talent with championship pedigree
Vegas - Elite depth with championship pedigree
Dallas - Elite depth without championship pedigree
Edmonton - Elite talent without championship pedigree

Winnipeg - Average team carried by a goalie who should be in serious consideration for the Hart Trophy
Vancouver - Average team carried by their entire bottom 6 shooting better than prime Stamkos

LA Kings - Overrated IMO. Can't score and still no real confidence in the goaltending. Haven't really been that much better post coaching change.

Nashville - Nice run they're on, but not on the same level as the other teams once they cool off.

I assumed all teams have everyone available because injury speculation is more effort than it's worth. Any of the top 4 teams coming out of the conference would not be a surprise IMO but I'm definitely not super confident in our chances.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Colorado, they're easily the scariest team for me. Somewhat questionable in net but otherwise they could be a buzzsaw again.
Vegas, they didn't win the Cup by accident last year. Hill gets hot again and Stone comes back....
Edmonton, I think we're just a little behind these teams. Need to put it all together to have a succesful run.
Vancouver, inexperienced but lots of firepower and probably the best goalie in the West getting some time off.
LA Kings, Solid all around team that could be hungry for vengeance.
Dallas, Never been sold on this team. We saw what Oettinger could do a couple years ago but they always seem to disappear at key moments.
Winnipeg, other than a lack of PLD I don't think they're that much different from last year and that team was an absolute patsy. Obviously strong goaltending and some deadly scorers up front but I have a tough time believing they're that much better from last year.
Nashville, another team with super strong goaltending even though Saros has had a bit of an off year. I don't think they'll surprise anyone but anything can happen.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
West;
Colorado
Edmonton
Winnipeg
Dallas
Vegas
Vancouver
LA

That's exactly how I rank mine as well.

I actually see Winnipeg surprising people this season. They're way better than last year. I watched most of thier games as they're my 2nd favorite Team. They fleeced LA last summer to massively improve thier depth. Now with Monahan and Toffoli added to the mix, they're a real threat.

Hopefully the Oil garner some much needed chemistry and solid goaltending at the right time.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Vegas
Colorado
Edmonton
Dallas
Vancouver
Winnipeg
LA
Nashville (not sure on Nashville)

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Sitting here at work and have some free time and on my hands so I was just listening to Got Yer Back and they listed their top 6 teams in terms of likelihood to win a Cup so I wanted to get HFOil's pulse on this.
I've got it as....

1) Colorado
2) Winnipeg
3) Edmonton
4) Dallas
5) L.A. Kings (I think these guys are dangerous and are being underrated)
6) Vegas (I actually think Stone will be out for Round 1 at least. If he's healthy, that changes things immensely)
7) Vancouver (lack of experience)

I listed 7 because I think it's close between the top 7 but I do think Colorado and Winnipeg are the clear top 2 though.
So....what say you guys
Just to throw a monkey wrench into the discussion. Are you saying that you think Colorado and Winnipeg are clearly the best teams in the conference or that they have the best chance of winning the Cup? Those are actually two very different things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad