Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Provorov

Votes: 70 44.9%

• Total voters

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Best of these three defenders?

and no i do not believe these are the best defenders in the nhl even though it says best defensemen on the poll question!

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Werenski right now, but I still believe in Ekblad's potential he strikes me as a late(ish) bloomer particularly with his injuries.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Werenski over Provorov? What the f***. Because Zach is playing on 1st PP unit (because Columbus hasn't Gostisbehere)? Or why?

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Werenski. Nice that his game has picked up right where it left off.

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
Interested to see how Provorov's ES scoring will look by season's end.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Werenski over Provorov? What the ****. Because Zach is playing on 1st PP unit (because Columbus hasn't Gostisbehere)? Or why?

So your argument that Provorov is better = there's a defenseman on his own team that's better offensively than he is? Not sure the gap defensively between Provorov and Werenski is as big as you're hoping we'll infer from your post, either. If at all... maybe we'll know more by the end of the season.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
I'm one of the few who doesn't see this being close. Provorov is world's better defensively than both and has the best ES offensive production. Werenski is a very good player who gets his points on the PP.. if Werenski was in Philly he wouldn't be their #1D nor would he be on the top PP unit, thus he wouldn't be as overrated as he is now

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
So your argument that Provorov is better = there's a defenseman on his own team that's better offensively than he is? Not sure the gap defensively between Provorov and Werenski is as big as you're hoping we'll infer from your post, either. If at all... maybe we'll know more by the end of the season.
Wait.... You're suggesting Provorov isn't better defensively? Please don't.

Werenski isn't as good offensively as Ghost is either

Reactions: AdamParrot

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Wait.... You're suggesting Provorov isn't better defensively? Please don't.

Werenski isn't as good offensively as Ghost is either

I'm suggesting both those guys are really young and anything could be true by the end of this season, regardless of what happened last year when they were 19. Mostly just thought that was a silly argument. I'd take Werenski, but any of the 3 in this poll could end up the best.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I'm one of the few who doesn't see this being close. Provorov is world's better defensively than both and has the best ES offensive production. Werenski is a very good player who gets his points on the PP.. if Werenski was in Philly he wouldn't be their #1D nor would he be on the top PP unit, thus he wouldn't be as overrated as he is now

You may be underrating Werenski. He is a very good defenseman. Saying that it isn't close is silly.

Sure, if Werenski was on Philadelphia and was paired with Andrew MacDonald and didn't get top PP time, he wouldn't be quite as highly regarded, but that is pure speculation.

I also prefer Provorov because he is the more well-rounded player, but Werenski will an elite defenseman.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
I'm suggesting both those guys are really young and anything could be true by the end of this season, regardless of what happened last year when they were 19. Mostly just thought that was a silly argument. I'd take Werenski, but any of the 3 in this poll could end up the best.
That’s fair.

Provorov’s instincts and his ability to simplify his position is what really jumps out at me. It’s so incredibly rare to see a young defenseman so steady and refined.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
You may be underrating Werenski. He is a very good defenseman. Saying that it isn't close is silly.

Sure, if Werenski was on Philadelphia and was paired with Andrew MacDonald and didn't get top PP time, he wouldn't be quite as highly regarded, but that is pure speculation.

I also prefer Provorov because he is the more well-rounded player, but Werenski will an elite defenseman.
Werenski is good, Elite? not ready to say that. He is/was the 3rd best defenseman on his team in a perfect situation with easy minutes. he essentially had Ghosts role, just bigger with less offense/more defense.. not close to IP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad