GDT: We're playing the Habs tonight apparently. 7pm MT on SNW

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Speaking of somebody we should trade for.

Galchenyuk

Put him on a line with Bennett and Hathaway. That would be a good line.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
The problem I have is if Backlund is being used in a more offensive role then who is taking the tough minutes/match-ups that he normally takes?

Because I am not sold that we can rely on him to do both or maybe it is more I am not sure we can rely on his line to do both.

I think Tkachuk could be a more productive offensive player if not used in the role he currently is for example.

Fair enough.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
So even you're on board with Bennett centering Gaudreau and Ferland? You were vehemently against it at the start of the season . . .

Glad it's becoming apparent!

I was vehemently against it then because at that point we had seen so much success with Monahan-Gaudreau, was coming off the great year by the 3M line and had reason to hope that a Bennett led 3rd line would be a good support line.

At that time there wasn't much reason in my view to make changes.

I still think that line will be much weaker than a Monahan-Gaudreau line but I now think that we need to try and spread out the offense and that is the best of some bad options. I am not sure it will be better than what we have now but it isn't like this has been so great that we should worry about that.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
PPG?!

ScentedQuarterlyAnemone-small.gif

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I was vehemently against it then because at that point we had seen so much success with Monahan-Gaudreau, was coming off the great year by the 3M line and had reason to hope that a Bennett led 3rd line would be a good support line.

At that time there wasn't much reason in my view to make changes.

I still think that line will be much weaker than a Monahan-Gaudreau line but I now think that we need to try and spread out the offense and that is the best of some bad options. I am not sure it will be better than what we have now but it isn't like this has been so great that we should worry about that.

It sounds like you're saying that I've got pretty good foresight. Gracias.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Ugh

I guess the late goal made the ending a little more exciting but that was a pretty terrible game.

The Flames certainly didn't deserve anything from that game but you hate to see a team like Montreal come away with the win there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->