Speculation: We're moving to Quebec City, y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
You'd think that someone on this forum would've ties, cause it seems like every ******* from qc does.

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
According to google translate: Jordan Staal would it be with Jeff Skinner and Cam Ward heart coming Nordiques ?

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
It's saying they're the "core" group (at least, it says "heart" but I assume that's the French idiom).

Shows that guy don't know dick, tho.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I assume it's something like "Would Jordan Staal along with Jeff Skinner and Cam Ward be the core of the next Nordiques?". Based on high school french

V It wasn't a shot at you, more me saying I could be wrong

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Oh and forgot to add.....PJ (VP of ticketing/sales) is leaving. He took another job. So he must know something.

People leave jobs all the time. The job market is strong right now, and for all we know, it's a completely personal decision. Maybe he got sick of his boss. Maybe he didn't like the way Waddell is running things. Maybe he's just ready for something new. Just because he's leaving doesn't mean he knows something.

They've also posted an ad to replace him. His title is Director of Ticket Sales, according to the club directory. This listing is for a Director of Business Development, but the responsibilities sound about like what he would have been doing. I don't know why they would have changed the title, but maybe it has something to do with switching to the name Season Ticket Memberships.

That listing hit Glassdoor two days ago. Doesn't sound like something a team would do if they weren't planning on selling tickets. To me, that position doesn't have enough visibility to the outside world to warrant a bogus ad for the sake of keeping up appearances. But heading into the time of year where season tickets are up for renewal, it's definitely a position they'll need to fill.

On an unrelated note, they're also looking for a new community outreach intern.

Last edited:

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I'd imagine "Director of Business Development" is a general term for someone whose job is dealing with a bunch of people. Cast a wider net than a specific "Director of Ticket Sales".

caniac247

Nov 1, 2006
Raleigh
People leave jobs all the time. The job market is strong right now, and for all we know, it's a completely personal decision. Maybe he got sick of his boss. Maybe he didn't like the way Waddell is running things. Maybe he's just ready for something new. Just because he's leaving doesn't mean he knows something.

They've also posted an ad to replace him. His title is Director of Ticket Sales, according to the club directory. This listing is for a Director of Business Development, but the responsibilities sound about like what he would have been doing. I don't know why they would have changed the title, but maybe it has something to do with switching to the name Season Ticket Memberships.

That listing hit Glassdoor two days ago. Doesn't sound like something a team would do if they weren't planning on selling tickets. To me, that position doesn't have enough visibility to the outside world to warrant a bogus ad for the sake of keeping up appearances. But heading into the time of year where season tickets are up for renewal, it's definitely a position they'll need to fill.

On an unrelated note, they're also looking for a new community outreach intern.

Well I obviously forgot the :sarcasm:

The rumors suck and you just never know with PK at the helm, but I don't think there is going to be any announcement this year that the Canes are moving. Is it a possibility, sure, but there really is no reason unless PK found out he's dying in 6 months and is desperate to sell the team.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
These last couple of days, I really can't tell who's being sarcastic and who's scared.

These are strange times we're living in.

JWEKD

Apr 9, 2013
People are always free to speculate wildly. The only actual data on the table right now is Mario Roy asking the NHL brass a very direct question, and the NHL brass answering very directly.

Yep, Roy asked if the Canes will be in Carolina next season. Daly answered yes to that.
He could have asked if they'll be in Carolina for for the game Saturday night or the next hundred years and got the same answer.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
So are some people still worried about the team moving now that it's April 2nd?

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
QC has already stroked a check for $500M for expansion fees and it is just laying around waiting to be cashed. I just can't see any way that any team moves prior to expansion to QC and LV. It doesn't compute to me that the owners are willing to walk away from each getting the $16M fee per expansion team (that's $32M to each owner for 2 expansion teams).

I could be wrong, but this seems to be much ado about nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad