Speculation: We're moving to Quebec City, y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
How fluent is Tripp Tracy in French?
Will I get deported if I order french fries there?
Did the French really invent french bread?
Are fingernails a negative-calorie food?

Discuss.

Dsquared

Apr 15, 2015
How fluent is Tripp Tracy in French?
Will I get deported if I order french fries there?
Did the French really invent french bread?
Are fingernails a negative-calorie food?

Discuss.

We never used the "french" prefix for fries :P.

France and Quebec are two different places ;)

But I still love you :P

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
There is a townhouse complex on Six Forks called Maisons en Mer. Curiously, there is no sea in the vicinity, but anyway.

I'm going to get a can of spray paint and change it to Maisons en Merde if this happens.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Seriously, if this happens I'm done with the NHL, I'll probably never watch another game again. I follow the Blues, the Predators and a couple of other teams casually but I can't see just falling in with one of those.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
are we worked up over a guy with 6k twitter followers saying we're moving?

If it were just one or two people, it wouldn't be worth discussing. But as the week has gone by, there's been more and more smoke surrounding the story. And when there's smoke, there's usually fire.

It doesn't help that PK is a shady mofo.

Highway29

Don dun well?
Mar 20, 2013
What's going on? Where did you find this kind of news? Haven't seen anything in the NHL about this?

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
What's going on? Where did you find this kind of news? Haven't seen anything in the NHL about this?

How have you not heard about this? The news broke last week when flights from NC to Quebec were made and some dudes friend of a friend confirmed the rumors that Karmanos is shipping the team to Canada. Better learn French boys!

Highway29

Don dun well?
Mar 20, 2013
How have you not heard about this? The news broke last week when flights from NC to Quebec were made and some dudes friend of a friend confirmed the rumors that Karmanos is shipping the team to Canada. Better learn French boys!

Wow, I saw something on the main board (thread about expansion possibilities) about Carolina moving to Quebec but didn't take it seriously.. It seems I should be checking Around The League- thread more often, that was something..

Well.. if this team is gonna move, it's not gonna be the same thing for me anymore (even though I live in Finland). I don't know why but I find it hard to believe that I could be Nordiques- fan even though the players were the same. Anyway there ain't no other team to cheer for either for me so.. Well maybe St. Louis or Dallas but that would be a reach..

Well I'm gonna just go to some denial mode that it's not happening so maybe it doesn't

CalUK

Feb 16, 2015
Scotland
I've supported the Canes for years, pretty much since moved from Hartford. I live in the UK, and this whole "relocation" thing doesn't really happen here, so its very strange to me even though I follow the NHL and seen teams be relocated. The only move I can think of in football (soccer) is when Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes and become the MK Dons.

I am a Canes fan because I was born in NC, and loved watching/playing (mega-drive, ps) hockey, and I stay pretty late to watch the Canes even when they were out the playoff race (its not the same watching replays!). I would be gutted if they moved, and probably unsure of who I would support going forward. I quite honestly hope these rumors are just that, rumors. The team is finally picking up, and I am sure the crowds will pick up next season. I'd go, but being on the other side of the Atlantic I can only watch them on Gamecentre! (or on tv when they are on).

Honestly, yes the rumors have me worried, but at the same time, they just seem a little light. For Quebec, I do think they deserve a new team, and hope they'll get an expansion team. Surely expanding to 31teams is just too unbalanced? The two conferences are already unbalanced, maybe they should expand by two, and think about realigning the league again.

WeTheNords

Jun 14, 2015
I hope you guys dont lose your team, cause i know the feeling and it really sucks. Not everyone in QC wishes to take your team. The NHL should give us an expansion team so we can all move on with our lives! karmanos should lower his price to sell local. He has moved one too many team already. Take care guys.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
The NHL will look like the dumbest outfit on the planet after Karmanos gets in the hall as a builder while the only thing he "built" in the NHL made the playoffs 5 times in 18 years and then moved even further north than the team he moved down there to begin with. The optics of doing that for everyone involved (outside of Quebec obviously) is so so ******.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I hope you guys dont lose your team, cause i know the feeling and it really sucks. Not everyone in QC wishes to take your team. The NHL should give us an expansion team so we can all move on with our lives! karmanos should lower his price to sell local. He has moved one too many team already. Take care guys.

Thanks man. As I said in a since-moderated post in the BoH thread (one guy insulted us with a little too much zeal, and my response was equally zealous), I think most of us would be happy to see you guys get a team, as long as it's not ours or anyone else's. I, for one, would much rather send you a player through an expansion draft than see an entire team go, be it ours or any other city's.

drganon

Jun 24, 2014
I love how some Nordique fans now are *****ing about us replying in that thread. I'm at the point where I'd accept us moving to Vegas, just as long as Quebec gets jack****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad