Post-Game Talk: "WE'RE GOING TO BOSTON BABY!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Yes that Police Officer was very cool under pressure. A text book take down and arrest.

I hate to be that guy, but isn't it sad that we have gotten to a point that we have to celebrate police officers taking people into custody without killing them? It should be a standard practice to do that

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Pasta's been creating chances for himself and his linemates pretty consistently, even if he has been kept off the scoresheet a couple times.

I'd be inclined to agree with him, that it was a stupid question. But if he is getting rattled, all the better for us.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I hate to be that guy, but isn't it sad that we have gotten to a point that we have to celebrate police officers taking people into custody without killing them? It should be a standard practice to do that
Well I think 99.9% of the time that is what happens. People only hear about the high profile arrests or when things go wrong, so it can screw with your perception. It still shows a great deal of restraint when you consider how stressed and emotional that the officer must have felt

Reactions: 3headeddragon

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Pasta seems pretty rattled imo

I know it means nothing, but between this interview and lasts nights McAvoy in between periods (in which he said the team had no concerns and they would come back and win last night) it seems they haven't taken the Leafs seriously yet....lets hope that bites them in the ass.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Agreed. I think Babcock sees greatness in Willy, and he wants to do anything he can to coax it out of him.
A bit of the Kent Nilsson syndrome. As successful a career as Nilsson had, watching him you always had the feeling he had another gear he could have gone to if he was more driven ala Gretzky.
Anyways, Willy is still a very young man, and I hope he realizes and strives to become the great hockey player that is in him.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Well now that we're here, it feels like it was destined all along. Game 7 coming up, deep down we knew it had to come to this didn't we?

yeah for sure. It has been pointed out this really feels like shades of 93, similar that we lost the first two, came back and won in overtime in Game 7. Still remember that Borschevsky goal.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

The perpetrator wanted the cop to kill him, he said he had a gun multiple times and made deliberate aggressive moves to reach into his pocket and point things at the officer. Given the similarity to incidents in Europe where the drivers also had guns on them, it would take a ridiculous amount of restraint to call that bluff.

Reactions: frizzer1

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
After Boston’s goal last night:

8FD47075-234D-48B1-A06F-AC4A99B67BDC.jpeg

And .... they wouldn’t score again !

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Pasta's been creating chances for himself and his linemates pretty consistently, even if he has been kept off the scoresheet a couple times.

I'd be inclined to agree with him, that it was a stupid question. But if he is getting rattled, all the better for us.

this is where I want the Leafs media to help Leafs; go into bruins locker room and ask them tough questions get in their head

Reactions: IBeL34f

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013

That guy just committed mass murder....he could have had a suicide vest...a gun.. a knife...
The officer was surely aware of every possibility and he risked his life to take the guy down.
He certainly should be celebrated...he's a hero..

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The perpetrator wanted the cop to kill him, he said he had a gun multiple times and made deliberate aggressive moves to reach into his pocket and point things at the officer. Given the similarity to incidents in Europe where the drivers also had guns on them, it would take a ridiculous amount of restraint to call that bluff.

I get that, but what I'm saying is there shouldn't be a celebration because there should already be an expectation of police officers showing restraint in high pressure situations.

My point is, we have clearly gotten to a low point in policing if we have to celebrate the fact that for once a police officer decided not to shoot and was able to correctly access a situation.

This is getting huge press because we know how trigger happy police officers are. I'm glad he didn't shoot. But had that person been anything but white I'm not sure the situation would have gone down the way it went.

Either way, RIP to the families. It's a tragic event and I wish it never happened

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
That guy just committed mass murder....he could have had a suicide vest...a gun.. a knife...
The officer was surely aware of every possibility and he risked his life to take the guy down.
He certainly should be celebrated...he's a hero..

In my opinion he's not a hero. What exactly did he do that was so heroic? He apprehended the suspect as opposed to shooting him. Big whoopty, 9 lives were lost and many injured, yet the news chooses to make the police officer the biggest part of the story.

At the end of the day, he's someone who followed training properly. He did what he was supposed to do. Like I mentioned before, this is being celebrated because of the high number of police shootings world wide. It should be STANDARD PRACTICE to apprehend suspects and descalate situations without harming anyone. Not a celebrated isolated instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->