Well..Today is Wednesday.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Joker*

The Macho Man said:
Seriously though, the CBA being finally completed, wether it is today or not...

it's about time.

(pun intended)

I don't get it? :dunno:

blinky_mafiosi

Jul 10, 2005
Excellent avatar Macho man! (yes, I'm new here!)

I'd love to see a collection of McCabe type quotes since the lockout started. From memory I can only remember a few from Ian Laperriere and George Laraque, saying how impossible it would be to get a cap and so forth, making fun of Bettman, the owners, etc.

pinnaclewm

Jun 23, 2005
Toronto
I wanted to sleep but can't. man I can't wait. It should be annouced today sometime, I'm overly optomistic about this, maybe too optomistic cause we've been down this road before.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Here are a few of my favourite CBA quotes:

(paraphrasing)
--------------------------------------
Esche:

"We won't even accept a 100M$ Cap".

Then after the cancelation of the season:

"Why? I don't understand why a redneck like myself missed out on a 700 000$ salary this year. All I want to do is find out why".
-------------------------------------
Walker on the same day the NHLPA accepted the salary Cap in Niagara:

"We will never play under a salary cap".
--------------------------------
Avery around the month of November:

"The owners don't understand. The players understand the situation better. The owners... were kind of... brainwashed".

Avery a few days ago:

"The ownewrs beat us. We were misinformed by the Union. They brainwashed us".

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
The way I look at it, something has to give.

This thing has been gradually ramping up, from 2 days/week to 3 days/week, to monday-friday...and now we're on a 9 day run of 12-15 hour long meetings that looks to be culminating to an all-nighter, send out for chinese food marathon.

Seriously...either this thing gets done tomorrow or somebody in that room's gonna do a 'Gomer Pyle'. :loony:

blinky_mafiosi

Jul 10, 2005
Esche:
"We won't even accept a 100M$ Cap".

Then after the cancelation of the season:
"Why? I don't understand why a redneck like myself missed out on a 700 000$ salary this year. All I want to do is find out why".

-------------------------------------
Walker on the same day the NHLPA accepted the salary Cap in Niagara:

"We will never play under a salary cap".
--------------------------------
Avery around the month of November:

"The owners don't understand. The players understand the situation better. The owners... were kind of... brainwashed".

Avery a few days ago:

"The ownewrs beat us. We were misinformed by the Union. They brainwashed us".

Yes!! More, more!!!

Here's Vinny Damphousse quote I found:
There's slim hope, but that's because I'm an optimistic guy, I can tell you that the position of the league is going to have to change because we have made it clear we're not going to accept a cap.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Well going all night is nothing out of the ordinary for me, I prefer to do my data work on various projects at night. It's more calm, during the summer it's cooler, and also, it's great to watch Habs games re-runs from 3AM on on RDS...

When there's hockey. I have not seen one of those games in a year.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
HoCkeYfAnAtiC30 said:
I pulled an allnighter that night. I remember I had like 5 cups of coffee to help me stay awake. It was crazy.

I'm not sure why you would pull an all nighter though, would they announce anything in the middle of the night anyways? I guess you never know, but I think they'd wait till at least 9 Eastern to make an announcement.

I could be wrong. :dunno:

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
Are they really still going at it as we speak?

For the love of god, please just announce it. Better Yet, Just announce that the game is back on, and then finish off the CBA.

The Joker*

And my all nighter has come to a crashing end. See you all in 10 hours and let's hope this forum isn't up then cause that would mean... yea we all know what that would mean!

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Phil Parent said:
I've asked this before and I don't know if it was ever answered but...

Have the boards' servers been reinforced since last February's blackout?

I dunno. But what I do know is that if the Admins feel big news is on the way, several "thingies" will be shut off to reduce the possibility of the boards crashing.

and when I say "thingies", I mean search functions are disabled, avatars disapear, the people on each board is not anounced, etc...

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
The Macho Man said:
I dunno. But what I do know is that if the Admins feel big news is on the way, several "thingies" will be shut off to reduce the possibility of the boards crashing.

and when I say "thingies", I mean search functions are disabled, avatars disapear, the people on each board is not anounced, etc...
Searching and the display on which people are on the board is already disabled, what could be done though is to only allow members on the boards when the announcment is made.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
The Macho Man said:

And of those 3 "thingies", 2 are already in effect.

When the avatars go, will that be our air raid siren?

MontrealCruiser_83*

If any of you guys actually plan on spending the next 5 or so hours at the computer waiting for this then I have an idea on how to spend 20 minutes. A couple of years back on deadline day I fiddled around with tsn.ca's article numbers. At the end of the URL, all their articles are equipped with a 5-6 number "tag" and changing the last number or two would bring you to other articles. On trade deadline day they posted an article about a trade about 5 minutes after announcing it on TV. I changed the last number of the article tag (I added one to the value of the last number) and a page came up with nothing but a headline -- which happened to be a trade that hadn't been announced yet. They've probably changed their system but it's worth a try.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
5:46AM, sun is up. I'm going to bed.

I should be back at like 2-3-4PM. Here's hoping for something to happen.

I wish you a board crash. Would mean some have happened.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
The day which "no professional sport is playing" will be the NHL's day to shine

As for the boards and the theme of lyrics:

The Roof, The Roof The Roof is on Fire....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad