Post-Game Talk: Well.... learning experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Boston just has it all and they work really hard too. Tampa probably has an edge over them in talent but they dont work as hard as Boston does and Boston has a lot of talent too. I think Toronto can match that hard work and they are probably just as talented as Boston is in a lot of areas. I think Toronto has the best HC though and that can make a world of difference in the playoffs. Its really going to depend on which versions of these 3 teams show up when its most important.

Bruins are getting it done with a mix of grizzly vets and a bunch of youngsters. Anybody playing the Bruins has to hope their kids come down to earth and can take advantage of their seniors :)

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Bruins are getting it done with a mix of grizzly vets and a bunch of youngsters. Anybody playing the Bruins has to hope their kids come down to earth and can take advantage of their seniors :)

Agree they have some chinks in that armor. They are beatable.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Boston just has it all and they work really hard too. Tampa probably has an edge over them in talent but they dont work as hard as Boston does and Boston has a lot of talent too. I think Toronto can match that hard work and they are probably just as talented as Boston is in a lot of areas. I think Toronto has the best HC though and that can make a world of difference in the playoffs. Its really going to depend on which versions of these 3 teams show up when its most important.

As you may have picked up from my previous post, I'm not exactly side awake yet so please forgive my ignorance/slowness but - what does HC stand for?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he had a good game, I'm not understanding this "without a doubt our 12th best forward" stuff at all.

They don't know what they are looking at. We got beat by a team desperate not to look like chumps in their own barn and they are ready to hit the ledge.

It was a pretty embarrassing loss but probably an eye opener. That's a good thing.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I do too. It's really frustrating that we make the playoffs in an 82 game season for the first time since the stone age and may have to face a powerhouse like Boston even if we finish as high as 6th or even 5th (of course we could still fall to 9th or whatever but my point stands).

But yeah, we have a very good chance at beating them and I hope you guys and Boston both keep going all out for 1st place and tire yourselves out. :)

Might as well pile on......it's the HF way, dontcha know. :cool:

Reactions: Gary Nylund

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought he had a good game, I'm not understanding this "without a doubt our 12th best forward" stuff at all.

Again, you havent suggested a forward that played better last night...

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think Boston, Toronto, and Tampa are at least 3 of the top 4 teams in the East (if not straight up the 3 best) and the playoff seeding makes absolutely no sense

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Toronto has to play every team. They have to beat every opponent. What's the difference? The goal is to measure yourself to everyone. If we lose we lose.

Reactions: FishManSam

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I think Boston, Toronto, and Tampa are at least 3 of the top 4 teams in the East (if not straight up the 3 best) and the playoff seeding makes absolutely no sense

With all due respect, I remember Oilers fans complaining years ago about the fact that if they played in the East that they would have made the playoffs.

We can't complain about the circumstances just because it doesn't favour an easy path to the cup finals for the Leafs.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You had TV in school? All we had were books.

It was the old days, I went home for lunch. :)

12:00 - 1:30 was lunch break, Flintstones was on at 12:30 so I could run home with my buddy, eat something quickly, watch the Flintstones and run back to school for half an hour of soccer or whatever before school started again.

But you know we did have a couple of TV's at schools and we even watched hockey at school one time, the entire school basically shut down for game 8 of the 1972 summit series and we all gathered in the couple of classrooms where the TV's were. Now that was awesome, and also some serious drama!

Reactions: hoglund

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009

12:00 - 1:30 was lunch break, Flintstones was on at 12:30 so I could run home with my buddy, eat something quickly, watch the Flintstones and run back to school for half an hour of soccer or whatever before school started again.

But you know we did have a couple of TV's at schools and we even watched hockey at school one time, the entire school basically shut down for game 8 of the 1972 summit series and we all gathered in the couple of classrooms where the TV's were. Now that was awesome, and also some serious drama!
geez i think you just described my childhood and after we watched game 8 in the classroom we roughed up the one kid who was cheering for the Russians , lol

Reactions: Gary Nylund

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

I was working the midnight shift so I was able to watch all the games.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
So what was wrong with my statement?

I didn't say there was anything "wrong" with it, I just don't see why you're asking me to name forwards who played better than Leivo when you seem to think they all did?

I think this discussion has run it's course, I'm done.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
In case you missed it.
B7A3A47A-D282-43B5-A792-868C2D3A9F77.jpeg

Leaf fans don’t wear bikini tops to home games.

Heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad