Welcome to the new HF! (Want to try a dark background? See post #145)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
@SEALBound @vabm8 It seems the site, likely ads and trackers, have issues with Chrome, including a memory leak. There's a bunch of bloated scripts, redirects, and requests. Try disabling JavaScript for this domain and see how responsive pages are that way without it. It should run without a hitch and no ads. That's an imperfect solution though, as it will break embeds, the rich text editor, and a few other things reliant on it. You could also try Firefox, as it doesn't seem to carry over there. In Chrome: Settings > Advanced > Content Settings > JavaScript > Block > Add: hfboards.mandatory.com

Wow, thank you x1,000. I was seriously bleeding 1MB of data (I'm cheap, okay) for every page I clicked on the new site, in addition to the slow loading times. Making those adjustments in the chrome app reduced the data by 10x (not exaggerating).

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Wow, thank you x1,000. I was seriously bleeding 1MB of data (I'm cheap, okay) for every page I clicked on the new site, in addition to the slow loading times. Making those adjustments in the chrome app reduced the data by 10x (not exaggerating).

Holy jesus...nice fix.

Little different in some workings but worth it!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
IXmCHog.png

ujU8b9Z.png

Are you freaking kidding me with this?
There’s 2 videos stacked playing at the bottom of the page, at the top there’s a f***ING VIDEO playing…what kind of sick joke is this?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Holy crap, like night and day. You get a different window when you post, but at least I am not sitting here correcting my typing because it jumps past letters because it's being killed with memory.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Just here to say this new forum still sucks. Sorry, did we ever find out whose idea this was, or did they go into witsec?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It literally takes forever for just a tweet to load. What is up with that?

Did you have 3 video ads playing? Because that is how HF now generates revenue off of us, slowing this place down so much that you're frustrated to the point where you do this java thing and would rather go through this inconvenience.

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Anyone else have the issue with embedded tweets where only the top half displays?
That only happens (to me, at least) when someone quotes it. The original post shows the whole thing for me.

They need to get rid of the huge white sidebar on the right. You can close it temporarily, but eventually it comes back. I don't need to see my username/posts/likes right there. I'll go into my profile if I want to see that stuff.

Reactions: bathroomSTAAL

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Did they get rid of the huge white sidebar to the right, or is mine still hidden from when I hid it yesterday?

Edit: I'm going to guess mine is just still hidden, because it pops up when I open new threads/pages/forums and then disappears.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I think this thread has run it's course. It's now mostly about ads and other issues we can't help you with.
If your issue is with ads, first stop by the News And Announcements board and check out the 'Complaints about ads' thread and follow the instructions.
For general issues with the site, please go to the Support board.
The help page is still a work in progress, but you can find the link at the bottom of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad