Welcome to the new HF! (Want to try a dark background? See post #145)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Ninja edit :) Try leaving off the http part.

Thanks, Degen.

The link button doesn't seem very counter-intuitive if you have to make further changes in order for it to work properly.

Not your fault, obviously. Just another ... um ... quirk of this new forum.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The site is atrocious right now. It doesn't matter the browser one uses. It stinks.
Maybe it's all a big ploy to get everyone to turn to Reddit. Ridiculous.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I also mangled the proper use of the term counter intuitive all because of how frazzled I am about this stupid link button that doesn't work. So just ignore that.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
this site is a dumpster fire right now lol.

it was fine when they first switched over but they keep f***ing around with the code and it's making the site pretty unusable right now

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
I have two main issues with the site right now.

It is quite slow and lags a bit when trying to navigate and post. It never did that on the old forum, I dread to think what it will be like when we have a big trade or event happen.

The other is the adverts that seem to evade my adblock and are still there despite me clearing my cache. I have no doubt that is affecting the speed of the site.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
I've gotten grief in the past for using language that wasn't acceptable to younger users. Fair enough, but you've really got to explain how the TravelMates ad gets the AOK?

Language=unacceptable
Ads for hooker=no problem

Reactions: Clare2904

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Those who are having issues with your adblocker, have you updated your filter lists? I have had zero issues with ads showing on my laptop/desktop or iPad. A friend had issues until she updated her lists.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I wonder if there's not a better place to put the report button? I've had to catch myself from accidentally using it a couple times when I mean to reply.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Still don't like the layout. Miss the quick reply. Miss knowing when new content is in a thread from the main page (though I'm sure this exists, but I haven't noticed yet).

Have drastically reduced the time I spend here since the change.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Does this site constantly freeze for anyone else? for about 3 minutes the site barely functioned for me, but any other site I visit works fine so i know it's something with the boards.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Does this site constantly freeze for anyone else? for about 3 minutes the site barely functioned for me, but any other site I visit works fine so i know it's something with the boards.
yes. freezes for me too every so often. annoying

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
The last few days were brutal for me on here. Today is better, but maybe that's because I'm accessing it through my work computer??

Same here. The page never loads completely, full-page ads, ads in extremely bad taste (even though I have adblock), etc. Makes the GDTs unusable.

On the work computer now and it's going very smoothly though. Weird.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Why does my cursor when I type jump to the middle of what I have previously typed?

This f***ing thing has been pretty disastrous for me. I really hope they add a quick reply function. Does anyone know if this exists and I'm just not seeing it?

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Is this not the quick reply box? It’s right under the last post.

Also, if you hit “reply” on a person’s post, it’ll quote it in the quick reply box and automatically scroll down for you.

Attachments

• C93B827D-CFCE-480F-A0A0-3272B9DFF0DB.png
    C93B827D-CFCE-480F-A0A0-3272B9DFF0DB.png
    323.2 KB · Views: 4

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I wish the site could find a way to be smoother. It's almost frustrating to use the site these days. I don't even post in the game day threads anymore, outside of one game because it freaking freezes on me unless I go on my phone and use the site. Which makes zero sense, that it works better on mobile than it does on a computer.

My laptop is like a nerd's wet dream, there is absolutely no way its my internet either (having the fastest net speeds available at the moment definitely is not the issue). I mean is there a fix in the works? Hell, can the people that fix this site even be on this site without having the same issues as us when they try to fix it?
Even the "parent" site of Crave/Mandatory is god awful when I went to see if it's a problem all across their platforms and it clearly is.

Man, I just want to come here, post about hockey, talk the talk about random crap and talk football in our football thread. But jesus freaking christ, it's damn near impossible to even open a link and type a sentence without having to go back to fix the letters it skips and then you're so freaking frustrated that the question you want to ask or reply to, you just don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad