Welcome to the new HF! (Want to try a dark background? See post #145)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
With all due respect to the mods and site owners, I've been reading this board for 10+ years, can we please return to the old software? What was the reason for migrating away? This does not feel like home anymore, :(

I mean... change is inevitable. We are here. We have what we have. Let's make the best of it. The site may change, but the users don't. That's what we love about HF. Let's keep it rolling.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Havent checked on my phone, but the computer version makes me want to barf.....
giphy.gif

Annnnnd my profile picture is now just Keira Knightleys chest....

ibar726

Aug 6, 2013
No more animated GIF avatars unless you click them...RIP animated playoff avatars :(

Ads however are still animated on the sidebars.... Seems about right.

I wonder if there is even a slight chance that they will eventually upload a darker style at some point? (If you go into Preferences you can see the option for Style...which only has the one default option currently. That is understandable because installing an initial forum style does take a little time, so it makes sense to just start with one and knock out the bugs and get format right before implementing additional ones. But yeah would really like to get additional ones eventually to get more options that cause less eye strain than the all overly white thing we have now. Heck maybe they could even add some additional styles for donors as an enticing perk since they killed some other donor perks like larger avatars.

Last edited:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
With all due respect to the mods and site owners, I've been reading this board for 10+ years, can we please return to the old software? What was the reason for migrating away? This does not feel like home anymore, :(

Dude, they ain't gonna do that.

I'll be cool if they just add alternating background colors from post to post. Off-white -> off-gray -> off-white (etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->