GDT: [Welcome Home Jarome] December 10th - Bruins @ Flames [7:30pm on TSN]

Flamesarmstrong22

May 2, 2012
Toronto
Just as I was starting to like Russel he goes and blocks Iggy's goal.… TRADE HIM
Lol but in all seriousness the victory laps were a nice touch. Really didn't realize how much I missed Iggy playing here until this game tonight

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Berra was what less than a minute from a shut out why are we acting like Berra was bad?

Two saveable goals. Good goals, but saveable. Maybe its just frustrating watching Rask shut us down while we can't seem to save those tough ones.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
You'd like to see the defenseman make a commitment one way or the other not just awkwardly watch Colborne lose the battle against 2 guys.

Gotta hold the blues.
Watching the 2nd and 3rd period was like watching a poorly structured Butter system. All defence trying to hold a 1 goal lead. I'd love for a killer instinct that has all lines pushing forward at all times. Instead they do it when they're tied or trailing. The Flames had this game. :(

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
That was so awesome, I gotta go watch that again. I hope someone gets that up on Youtube.

It'll definitely be there and/or on NHL.com.

Great display tonight, Calgary. Almost wanted it to go to OT, since we didn't have much the first two periods, but there you are. Hope it was worth watching for Iggy anyway, we really appreciate having him.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Berra should be sat for Ramo next game. Berra constantly cheats and gets caught too often. With that said, the iggy cheering brought some special memories. So glad Chara kept him out for a second lap, I think it meant a lot to all fans.

Flames7676

Jun 17, 2013
Alberta
Really enjoyed watching this game. By far my favourite yet even if we had our usual 3rd period collapse. Kinda wish Iggy could have got a goal or at least a empty net at the end. Still a great response from the fans and a very warm welcome for the greatest Flame of all time :)

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Two saveable goals. Good goals, but saveable. Maybe its just frustrating watching Rask shut us down while we can't seem to save those tough ones.

I'm not saying if Berra should have started but all this talk about how Ramo earned it when Berra had a great game his last time out and was better than Ramo's last game. Its not hard to see why Berra go to play today its to bad he didn't do better (he was good but like you said 2 saveable goals)

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'm not saying if Berra should have started but all this talk about how Ramo earned it when Berra had a great game his last time out and was better than Ramo's last game. Its not hard to see why Berra go to play today its to bad he didn't do better (he was good but like you said 2 saveable goals)

I'd hardly call that 1st goal "Savable". It was tipped. The 2nd goal, sure.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010

Yeah but Berra had quite a few sub-average games and still got the next start. I'm just asking for some equal treatment.

Flames7676

Jun 17, 2013
Alberta
Really wish I recorded this game now I only thought of it mid ways through the first.

Well looks like we will be seeing Iggy and the Bruins in a weeks time.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Yeah but Berra had quite a few sub-average games and still got the next start. I'm just asking for some equal treatment.

That's fair I'm just saying its easy to see the logic of going with the guy that just about had a shut out. If Ramo doesn't start the next game I will be shocked.

Boyce

Sep 5, 2009
Toronto, ON
Jarome's such a remarkable player, what a blessing it must have been to have such a great player apart of your organization for that long. I have an exam tomorrow but assured I watched the game tonight to see the expected reaction from the Calgary fan base. Class act.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
So badly wanted to see a goal for Iggy at the end there, and I'm sure you folks did too.

The Bruins (not unlike the Patriots) seem to be excelling at the idea that the first 55 don't matter if you score enough in the last 5. Good lord. The Bruins had their hands full with your Flames for the large majority of this game....the extra gear finally kicked in and some line switching in the end by Julien ended up paying off.

I cannot say enough about how moved I was watching your fans at the Saddledome salute Jarome. Both at the start of the game during the tribute and during the victory laps at the end. The fact that you lot noted what Chara did at the end of the game lets me know that you recognize what he means to us as a Captain....because you saw those same qualities your longtime Captain game after game for years.

I said it earlier and I'll repeat it. I want this Cup this year for this team, and know that if 12 gets his chance, us Bruin fans are gonna celebrate it with you folks too. It'll only be right to share that moment.

Class folks. All of you.

See ya next week.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
A couple thoughts...

At the game tonight. It was, first and foremost, very emotional. I don't remember the last time I heard the Dome so loud and so united in one cause. The Iggy tribute at the beginning was awesome, and the third star victory lap was even better. I had tears in my eyes for both moments. In fact, the victory lap made me forget all about losing the game just a few minutes before. Iggy is an absolute beaut, he deserved everything he go tonight.

As for the game itself... sigh. Played so well for the first 40 minutes, and I knew Boston was going to push hard in the third period. And they did. I was really preparing myself for them to tie the game at any minute. Everyone thought Iggy's one-timer tied it on the PP, only to see Krejci tip home an actual goal a few seconds later. So whatever, I don't really fault anyone on the first goal.

But oh my lord, Reilly Smith should never have scored that goal. Oh my goodness, what a horrible goal to give up, and frankly, I'm at my wit's end with Berra. His third period collapses are becoming more frequent and I don't particularly care for them at all. Ramo is clearly the better goalie right now, we really should be playing him more often. Berra will outgrow his flaws, I feel sure, but god damn it, that's yet another third period where he just hasn't stopped some stoppable goals. I know this is a rebuilding year, but those kinds of goals are just absolutely deflating.

And the last minute was an absolute joke. Did the Flames even want to win? After Russell blocked Iggy's attempt at the empty net, the Flames as a whole just looked totally uninspired. Giordano threw the puck back into his own zone twice with less than 30 seconds to go. I was utterly flabbergasted, to say the least.

Anyways, it was a very fun night, and one I'll remember for a long time.

Onto the next one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->