NFL GDT: Week 6

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
It looked pretty clear to me that that was the ball and that the ball easily crossed the plane...I swear the right call has been less likely to be made via replay than it has been on the field this year (and that includes a couple of calls my team has benefited from...)

EDIT: He's pretty clearly down here, let's see what the roulette wheel of replay comes up with...

Sep 19, 2008
Why did he apologize. Smh. Social media "uproar". It wasn't even that bad a comment. People are furious.

He's making fun of weinstein. He didn't say weinstein was a hero, just pointing out he had tough times. It's true.

Sep 19, 2008
y5hrscu9f5yg31dwgdmf.gif

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Why did he apologize. Smh. Social media "uproar". It wasn't even that bad a comment. People are furious.

He's making fun of weinstein. He didn't say weinstein was a hero, just pointing out he had tough times. It's true.

Because it marginalizes a serial rapist and puts it in the context of football. It's fine for standup but has no place on SNF with children and advertisers to consider. That said, I didn't see *any* uproar, though I don't follow nobodies or the Fox Newsers. If there was, it was contained. And good. It can be both a dumbness comment and not worthy of a million people offering their opinions simultaneously through the outrage machine.

Sep 19, 2008
The thing was he wasn't making fun of the victims but rather the guy doing it, going through tough times. And it's true. Whole bunch of hubbub about nothing.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Oh ****ing please. marginalizing a serial rapist?

It's not like Michaels went out of his way to go "oh haha look at all those poor women he defiled" or something actually worth scorn.

He made a comparison that Weinstein is having a "rough week" (which in terms of the definition, is accurate even if he totally deserves everything that he has coming to him, which he does) and yet is still somehow more better off than the Giants.

It's like people are looking for something to be offended by.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Reminds me of what Bill Maher , Jerry Seinfeld , Chris Rock and others are saying about society becoming too politically correct and comedy suffering for it

Its a joke and everyone knows its a joke. How is it any different then opening of Oscars or other awards shows that in past have made jokes including related to criminal events?

How is this any different to all the Cosby jokes around?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
He compared rape with a bad football team having a logging a couple injuries. If you can't see that has no place on an NBC broadcast, well, you probably should take rape more seriously and are part of the problem.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was a very salty Mike McCarthy at his presser. I mean, I'd be upset too if my season just ended and I was once again about to be exposed as a HC but no need to take it out on the media.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
^ That too

That was a very salty Mike McCarthy at his presser. I mean, I'd be upset too if my season just ended and I was once again about to be exposed as a HC but no need to take it out on the media.

I didn't see it, but he seemed to get defensive about his QBs being Hundley and Callahan from the excerpts I saw on Twitter. I guess someone asked about Kaepernick?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Since when did ESPN start airing Spanish version of MNF on ESPN2?

They get a lot more excited when something happens then guy calling game with Gruden

Gruden would be fun to hear on that telecast even if he cant speak Spanish

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
^ That too

I didn't see it, but he seemed to get defensive about his QBs being Hundley and Callahan from the excerpts I saw on Twitter. I guess someone asked about Kaepernick?

Reporter was trolling him by asking about signing another QB to replace Rodgers after he had already spoken about Hundley being QB of team

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, the Kaepernick question is what angered him. He talked up Hundley both yesterday and today but he had to know it was coming. Every team that has lost a QB has gotten those questions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->