NFL GDT: Week 3

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I think you are sorely mistaken on that. Vikings would not punt away a season and throw away one of the more productive passers in the NFL for anything but a pretty high draft pick

That's why I said ~10 games. TDL is 10/31 which is the end of week 8, so if the Vikes are 0-8 then they would no longer be punting on the season.

Obviously a trade today would require a lot more, but NFL teams do not give up after 3 games regardless of 0-3.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If I was building a team I'd start with OL & DL.
You have to take what is the best player, but those are the positions to spend your money on.

QB for obvious reasons is the position to nail.
Then LT, DE, WR, CB.
After this, if you can double back in the trenches and either secure another OT as bookends for your QB and another DE that's where I'd go before LB, S, TE, IOL, RB, etc.

Like, if you are Indy and Nelson the OG is there and he's all pro, then yes, you have to draft him over anyone else if they are not close to as good in their position.

I don’t care what anyone says, the game of football is won in the trenches. All the bad teams have bad O/D lines and so on and so forth.
How much of that is also on coaching? NE always had good OL with Brady, but aside from Nate Solder pick whom they got in the Seymour trade from Oakland, did NE spend a lot of high picks on the OL while they had Brady?

GB also a good OL for many years.
Philly has a good OL now.
Dallas, had a great OL when they had the trio of former 1st rounders in Smith, Frederick, Martin.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
How much of that is also on coaching? NE always had good OL with Brady, but aside from Nate Solder pick whom they got in the Seymour trade from Oakland, did NE spend a lot of high picks on the OL while they had Brady?

GB also a good OL for many years.
Philly has a good OL now.
Dallas, had a great OL when they had the trio of former 1st rounders in Smith, Frederick, Martin.
They drafted well at O Line too. Here’s some of the better names, Matt Light (1st rd), Logan Mankins (1st rd) Dan Koppen (2nd rd) Than you have a slew of above average O Men in Wynn, Thuney, Karras, Cannon, Vollmer, Klemm were all high picks and Damien Woody (1st rd) was drafted the year before but under Belichick. Then there is quite a few that were very serviceable guys picked while Brady was there.

The Jets signed Trevor Siemian.
Shit and I thought you came in hot with your Joe Namath post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Say Hey Kid

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
They drafted well at O Line too. Here’s some of the better names, Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen. Than you have a slew of above average O Men in Wynn, Thuney, Karras, Cannon, Vollmer, Klemm and Damien Woody was drafted the year before but under Belichick. Then there is quite a few that were very serviceable guys picked while Brady was there.

Shit and I thought you came in hot with your Joe Namath post.
Dante S. was considered the best OL coach during his time. So, coaching matters more than ever on the OL given the limited padded practices and cohesion needed to be a good line.

Sep 19, 2008
1695756702022.png

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I hope Zach Wilson shows up Sunday night to play the Taylor Swifties in a fur coat!
Lmao

Zach Wilson vs Pat Mahomes is like David vs Goliath, but you gave David a lobotomy and gave Goliath the entire world's stockpile of nuclear arms.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
That defense probably feels like they're stuck in a time warp with Wilson at QB.
And at every press conference Saleh throws everyone under the bus except for Wilson.

It's a total scam, orchestrated by the owner who is friends with Rich Mormon MILFHunter's parents. That's my theory as an outsider and I'm sticking to it.

• Haha
Reactions: PanthersPens62

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
And at every press conference Saleh throws everyone under the bus except for Wilson.

It's a total scam, orchestrated by the owner who is friends with Rich Mormon MILFHunter's parents. That's my theory as an outsider and I'm sticking to it.

Woody Johnson probably doesn't like Zach Wilson either, look at his comments after last year. He called out the QB play being the main issue, it's probably Douglas soft tanking and getting a top pick knowing that they have an easy out to the owner to say "well I didn't have Aaron Rodgers this year, you really can't fire me yet", same thing with Saleh.

• Wow
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Woody Johnson probably doesn't like Zach Wilson either, look at his comments after last year. He called out the QB play being the main issue, it's probably Douglas soft tanking and getting a top pick knowing that they have an easy out to the owner to say "well I didn't have Aaron Rodgers this year, you really can't fire me yet", same thing with Saleh.
Except that Douglas drafted Wilson, though none of Fields, Lance, are doing well and Jones is average at best.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Except that Douglas drafted Wilson, though none of Fields, Lance, are doing well and Jones is average at best.

Right, that's why I think JD is the one forcing the Wilson play. Saleh and Woody have nothing to gain from it and they've been on the other side of the QB decision since it directly has a negative result on one person's job and the other's pockets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad