NCAA GDT: Week 14: Championship Weekend

Discussion in 'Football' started by End of Line, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Bruce Joker

Bruce Joker Professor X

wurkin at a Grokary stur
    Not talking nationally. The last 2 (this one and last) are likely to both be middle of the pack in the big ten. Which is better then the bottom

2. End of Line

End of Line Human After All

Hard to believe that's only Meyer's 2nd B1G title.

Won't be upset if they don't get in. Like I said before, they got crushed by Iowa and that puts a massive cloud over their heads. Offense will be look better with Haskins behind center next year.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  3. LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91 Registered User

Oh alright but still those kids were only first & second year players this year. They’re not getting those early impact type of guys so it’s going to take time. It doesn’t help that some of these kids aren’t getting redshirted as freshmen despite needing it because the roster sucked so bad when Ash got there.

4. ecemleafs

ecemleafs Registered User

yeah but they play in a division with pretty much 4 automatic losses to start. if they held on to their verbals theyd have talent. barkley and blacknall were originally rutgers commits.

5. rangerssharks414

rangerssharks414 Moderator

Yeah, the Big Ten west is a lot worse than the Big Ten east.

While we’re focusing on location, Missouri is further west than Alabama and Auburn, yet Missouri is in the SEC east. I know that it was more convenient to just put Mizzou and A&M in different divisions, but still...

6. ecemleafs

ecemleafs Registered User

maybe frost makes nebraska a 9-10 win team again and the divisions balance a bit. when i was a kid the SEC west sucked and then it became the best division in football. the sec east had national title contenders and then went 7-8 years of being garbage.

7. HoseEmDown

HoseEmDown Registered User

And we would put 70 and 900 on their defense, both have top 5 offenses and below 50 defenses.

8. HoseEmDown

You clearly no nothing about UCF. They have 300 pounders starting on both sides of the ball. Our run defense is not the problem and we can run it well too. We are horribly coached on defense as we don't know when we are playing man or zone. When we play man we cover receivers with linebackers and when we play zone we don't know which guy to pick up. We would do best against Georgia of the top 3 as we match up best with them.

9. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan B.Y.O.G.

:laugh: no your team wouldn't. Oklahoma is bigger, faster and stronger and deeper. That matters.

10. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan B.Y.O.G.

:laugh:

Cody Webster likes this.
  11. HoseEmDown

Deeper sure, bigger not by that much and we have Florida speed all over the lineup. Stop that P5 bias.

12. flyershockey

flyershockey Registered User

No you wouldn't. Even if UCF wanted to spread it out, Georgia has the LB's to play in coverage. Christ, they were experimenting with Lorenzo Carter at the STAR position at different points during the season.

13. HoseEmDown

Offensively I would want to face Oklahoma as they have the weakest defense. Defensively I would want to go against Fromm of all the QB's. Last time we played Georgia and a stud freshman QB we beat them.

14. flyershockey

flyershockey Registered User

A 2010 Liberty Bowl reference. Nice.

In 2017-2018, UCF would get run ragged any of the CFP teams. If Auburn couldn't stop Fromm or the offense in the championship game, then I highly doubt UCF would be able to.

Cody Webster likes this.
  15. HoseEmDown

What would it matter if we did? Washington was run ragged, Ohio State was run ragged. Michigan State was run ragged. They could've at least given them a chance instead of replaying the same thing 3 years in a row.

16. Cody Webster

Cody Webster Registered User

Ahhh. Still at it I see. Simply sensational homerism. A+ for effort

Can wait to watch a Frostless UFC get clown pounded on a national stage.

17. Reality Check

Reality Check Registered User

I was in high school when the Big 10 was at the top. If not, at least pretty strong throughout with even teams such as Minnesota and Purdue causing problems. Even Illinois could at least be thought of as respectable. Seems like forever ago now.

The biggest cure for the Western division in the Big 10 would be a competent Nebraska program. It's like they have completely fallen off the deep end.

18. Double-Shift Lasse

Double-Shift Lasse Just post better

The biggest single thing, probably, but every one of those other (traditional Big 10) programs -- Iowa, Purdue, Illinois in particular -- is a tier below where it was 20 years ago. I don't know if they'll all ever get back. I guess NW is a tier above where it was then.

19. Rocko604

Rocko604 Playoffs?

Pac12 needs to fire commissioner Larry Scott. Horrible TV deal (P12N not on DirectTV, every team earning $20 million less than B1G teams) horrible scheduling, both the 9-game conference schedule, and agreeing to Thursday, Friday and Saturday night games, and was quoted in the LA Times saying that if the Pac12 continues missing out on the playoff over the next 10-12 years, then they might look at changing things. For now, parity > playoffs.

Every Pac12 football coach should be grabbing torches and pitchforks and heading for his front door. Sadly all the Pac 12 presidents love him as he was given a 3 year extension in March.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  20. Bruce Joker

Bruce Joker Professor X

wurkin at a Grokary stur
    Until the commitee changes I don’t see a problem with that one. Besides only USC and ucla now would really complain about that one. Maybe Washington and Oregon

21. Rocko604

Rocko604 Playoffs?

Sorry, what are you referring to with "that one"? The playoff or the TV deal? You mentioned the committee and the LA makret and I haven't finished my coffee and now I'm confused. :laugh:

22. Bruce Joker

Bruce Joker Professor X

wurkin at a Grokary stur
    Playoffs. At this point I would just want to win the conference before talking about playoffs. Unless your in the sec

23. Rocko604

Rocko604 Playoffs?

Gotcha. And I agree. Win your conference and go from there. I think where some PAC12 fans are getting pissed off is that Larry Scott basically said he doesn't care about missing the playoff and values parity more. But the committee doesn't care about parity. And with the way the PAC 12 schedules its games, it all but eliminated itself from the playoffs two weeks before Thanksgiving. Pac-12 football needs repair: A radical suggestion for fixing it

FWIW, I think the committee got the playoff right, though I'd still like to see an 8 team playoff with all P5 champions, the top G5 team and 2 wild cards.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  24. Big Poppa Puck

Big Poppa Puck HF's Villain

I wouldn't mind 8 teams, but I'm fine with 4. We'd still be arguing over the 2 at larges the same way we argue of the 4th team that gets in now. And sometimes some of the at larges left out will probably be better than conference winners.

25. rangerssharks414

rangerssharks414 Moderator

The nine game conference schedule also hurts. I think the Big Ten is the only other power conference that has nine conference games.