Wednesday night game? Whos gonna get cut? Perry gonna make it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Okay so the game is going on now but when its all over the coaching staff will have some hard decisions to make.

First, can someone give me info on tonights game (who played well, who didn't)?

Second, based on the past 4 days, who is going to get cut tomorrow (what time AM or PM do cuts get made)?

Thanks, i'm paricularly interested in Perry, Bolland and Syvret (before the camp I thought Perry had a 50/50 chance of being on top 2 lines, Bolland 33% chance to make 4th line or final forward, and Syvret even though having a dream season probably 20% chance of making the team).

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=j121519A

Just found this, is Perry a lock after scoring 2g and 1a to finish with 3g 1a in last 2 games?

Last edited:

RoyIsALegend*

I still wouldn't consider Corey Perry a lock. I mean, the guy has all-world finishing abilities and really has great hands around the net, but he's not nearly physical enough and lacks a ton of intensity. For my money, Dave Bolland is a much harder worker and fits better into this Team Canada mold.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
RoyIsALegend said:
I still wouldn't consider Corey Perry a lock. I mean, the guy has all-world finishing abilities and really has great hands around the net, but he's not nearly physical enough and lacks a ton of intensity. For my money, Dave Bolland is a much harder worker and fits better into this Team Canada mold.

I agree 100% with what you said, i've seen these 2 play 50 times the past year, but you can't ignore Perry's talent. I thought he'd be 50/50 for this team, but b/c he's scored so much it would be very hard to cut him. There would be a lot of pissed off fans if Perry didn't make it after his performance.

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
Cory Perry has too much skill to be left out. I only saw him in one game (apparently it wasnt a good game for him) and his skill was just great. Between him and Fehr he should get the nod.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
jcpenny said:
Ok that goal was just sick! :eek: I'm sold out to Perry now.

Which one ..... :eek: It says he scored 2 on www.tsn.ca but on the highlights it shows him scoring 2 sick goals and another nice one (unless the one where he had one hand on his stick was tapped in by someone else) ..

And Pierre McGuire said Perry or Fehr will make it not both and based on the past 4 days he said Perry will make it :handclap:

flamesfan01800

Jun 30, 2003
Saskatoon, Sask
Visit site
trahans99 said:
Which one ..... :eek: It says he scored 2 on www.tsn.ca but on the highlights it shows him scoring 2 sick goals and another nice one (unless the one where he had one hand on his stick was tapped in by someone else) ..

And Pierre McGuire said Perry or Fehr will make it not both and based on the past 4 days he said Perry will make it :handclap:

Fehr better make it hes to good of a sniper not to :yo:

shoyen

Feb 11, 2003
St. Albert, Alberta
Visit site
Boomhower said:
Is there going to be any cuts tonight?

In past years they've always had two seperate days of cuts and given this is the second last day....

apparently they will be announced tomorrow. Although MaGuire said that they will keep 8 defensemen for now until they know for sure if Seabrook can play or not. Once they get the final word on that, they will cut the last d-man

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
It would be a shame if Perry doesn't make it... I never used to be a Perry fan but if he doesnt make it after the exhibition games peformances it would be tough to leave him off this team....

MY CANADA TEAM AFTER 2nd Exhibition game reactions:
Forward:
1) Perry Crosby Bergeron
2) Stewart Richards Dawes
3) Getzlaf Carter Fehr
4) Bolland Dixon Colliton
Stone
Defence:
1) Weber Phanuef
2) Coburn Seabrooke ( if healthy)
3) Belle Barker
Syvret

Goalies:
1) Nastiuk
2) Glass

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Both of Perry's goals were nice in the video clip on TSN...

I would be very surprised at this point if he doesn't make team Canada.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I don't think it looks good for Eric Fehr to make this team. He hasn't seemed to have a very good outing in either game against the U of Manitoba, and with Perry's emergence on pretty much the last open spot on the scoring line, I don't think it bode's well for his chances. With the way Team Canada has set up this camp, it seems that they had pretty much already had their scoring lines set in stone, with only 1, maybe 2 spots available on a pure scoring line. This is what the media has been saying as well. Since Fehr hasn't really displayed his offensive talents to the best of his ability, and with the emergence of guys like David Bolland, Ryan Stone, Dustin Boyd, I think we're going to see Fehr cut, but that would just be my hunch.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
ktownhockey said:
It would be a shame if Perry doesn't make it... I never used to be a Perry fan but if he doesnt make it after the exhibition games peformances it would be tough to leave him off this team....

MY CANADA TEAM AFTER 2nd Exhibition game reactions:
Forward:
1) Perry Crosby Bergeron
2) Stewart Richards Dawes
3) Getzlaf Carter Fehr
4) Bolland Dixon Colliton
Stone
Defence:
1) Weber Phanuef
2) Coburn Seabrooke ( if healthy)
3) Belle Barker
Syvret

I agree 100% with your roster, but aren't they keeping 8 defenceman for now until they know about Seabrook? If so who would you pick for the 8th and final Dman (who will be cut later if Seabrooke is healthy).

While I am ecstatic that you have all 3 London Knights on your roster I will miss watching them for the next 2-3 weeks. But they will be able to take this tourney experience with them to the mem cup. :handclap: :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad