Wednesday meeting over...Sides to meet Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gus Fring

May 16, 2004
Ottawa
RangerBoy said:
Chicago on Wednesday...Toronto on Thursday...New York on Friday?...when will the original magical mystery tour end...Boston on Saturday...Detroit on Sunday...Montreal on Monday

Will they hold the meeting tomorrow in Toronto in some back office of some strip joint after holding the meeting today in Chicago at the O'Hare lounge?
It would be so awesome if they announced it on saturday wich just so happens to be hockey day in canada (i think) that would be on hell a a surprise :bow:

Hab-Dawgs

Apr 21, 2004
Montreal
JWI19 said:
Did they say who was meeting? Isn't Hotchkiss going back home to attend the funeral of the former flames owner.

The participants are expected to be the same on Thursday, except for Hotchkiss who will be attending the funeral of J.R. (Bud) McCaig, another member of the Flames' ownership group who died last week. Saskin will take part in the meeting, despite the death of his mother on Wednesday.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
RangerBoy said:
Will they hold the meeting tomorrow in Toronto in some back office of some strip joint after holding the meeting today in Chicago at the O'Hare lounge?

I'm sure United was happy with all the free press. They had the meeting in the Red Carpet Club. United code-shares with Air Canada, and United doesn't have a Red Carpet Club in Toronto, so if I were a reporter with time on my hands I'd be camping out at the Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge :) Most of those lounges have multiple conference rooms.

Madevilz

Nov 9, 2003
Montreal
Can they actually take significant steps without Bettman and Goodenow?
Or are they just talking... blah blah blah... then ask what those two monkeys think about it.

Briannj1970

Jan 15, 2005
I thought it was pretty funny when the one guy on 590 (thanks to the guy who posted the link for the stream) was saying how all these reporters were buying the cheapest airline tickets for flights that they had no intention of boarding. Remember, here in the US you can't get past the gates without a plane ticket, yet Saskin and Linden were not only seen on the departure line but went through the gates. If you were a reporter and wanted to cover that story, you had to buy a plane ticket to a flight you had no intention of taking.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Briannj1970 said:
I thought it was pretty funny when the one guy on 590 (thanks to the guy who posted the link for the stream) was saying how all these reporters were buying the cheapest airline tickets for flights that they had no intention of boarding. Remember, here in the US you can't get past the gates without a plane ticket, yet Saskin and Linden were not only seen on the departure line but went through the gates. If you were a reporter and wanted to cover that story, you had to buy a plane ticket to a flight you had no intention of taking.

As a seasoned traveler, that part wasn't as funny as realizing the reporters bought cheap, *nonrefundable* tickets. If they'd only realized they could have booked an international fare that was fully refundable - they could not only have gone in, they would have received complimentary red carpet club access, and been able to poke their heads in the conference room door! When they were all done - one call to United and the ticket would be cancelled and a full refund issued. :)

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
I've heard something about a possible NHL proposal, with a hybrid arrangement of a 38 million dollar luxury tax threshold, with a 50 million dollar cap, or something alone those lines. I heard this on CKNW Sportstalk in Vancouver, I don't know if this is imminent, or if this is already on the table.

Can anyone else confirm hearing this?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
struckmatch said:
I've heard something about a possible NHL proposal, with a hybrid arrangement of a 38 million dollar luxury tax threshold, with a 50 million dollar cap, or something alone those lines. I heard this on CKNW Sportstalk in Vancouver, I don't know if this is imminent, or if this is already on the table.

Can anyone else confirm hearing this?

Hope so, because that is starting to get to something that could work for both sides.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
me2 said:
Hope so, because that is starting to get to something that could work for both sides.

For sure, I think it definetely could work for both parties. Include some meaningful revenue sharing in there, and the league could be on its way to being a healthy business, with rule changes that increase the entertainment value of course.

codswallop

yes, i am an alcoholic
Aug 20, 2002
GA
RangerBoy said:
Chicago on Wednesday...Toronto on Thursday...New York on Friday?...when will the original magical mystery tour end...Boston on Saturday...Detroit on Sunday...Montreal on Monday

Habs13 had it right, it's the original six pub crawl. Not a bad way to go really, if you can get it.

They're talking at least, that's something. Let's hope it's something productive (for the season and the extended health of the league).

Hopefully all those bar tabs won't be in vain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->