Wednesday meeting over...Sides to meet Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
nomorekids said:
I saw the sportsnet link and yes...it said Thursday. TSN says Friday.

Most importantly, things look better than they have in the past. Both sides said today was a success, and it seems like the ball is finally rolling.

TSN says Thursday now.

struckmatch

Jul 28, 2003
Vancouver
You know what, the fact that they are keeping so quiet about ANYTHING that they have discussed just seems like a positive to me. Because, its not one side that is keeping quiet, its both sides that are keeping quiet.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
NYRangers said:
This is pretty good. Its not like there even meeting in a few days. TOMORROW!

Good news.

Oh :banana: !When i read the topic and it said Thursday (Instead of Tomorrow) I for some reason though today was Tuesday...so I said...good there going to meet in 2 days...but now i realized it WED....and tomorrow is Thursday! Now im VERY VERY HAPPY! (was that confusing?)

Crows*

Now will the big egos be there tommrow?

Just saw on the score, and daly and saskin standig next TO EACH OTHER, TALKING.. IT WAS AMAZING.

Both daly and saskin said "we will continue talking"

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Son of Steinbrenner said:
wow good job! :bow:

my question is how did wfan who usually knows nothing about hockey scoop the world?

They probably guessed to be honest with you.

What do I win?

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Benji Frank said:
TSN.CA is now reporting the meeting will continue tomorrow in Toronto.......... :yo: :yo:

Wonder if Bob and Gary will be there. I cant see why else they would go from Chicago or Toronto.

Good news they are meeting tomorrow, bad news for my boss cause i'll be glued to the internet instead of doing work.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
This is getting ridiculous, i'm just waiting for the official announcement that the season is back on, I know it's coming, just don't feel like waiting another week or two :shakehead

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
struckmatch said:
BTW, whatever you do, do not listen to Nick Kypreos, he's a PA bullhorn, he won't ever admit the PA is about to fold.
who cares who folds lets just get back to talking hockey.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
we should hear some sort of rumors later tonight about how much progress has been made. you posters up in canada better let us know what the heck is being said on tsn and sportsnet. :teach:

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
struckmatch said:
BTW, whatever you do, do not listen to Nick Kypreos, he's a PA bullhorn, he won't ever admit the PA is about to fold.

I think the problem is calling it "folding". That's why this entire process is taking so long, because of egos, and the inability to compromise, on very compromisable issues. (sorry if that's not a word...)

Even here, it seems like we are waiting for the day when the PRO-PA, or PRO-NHL people "fold" when it's simply ridiculous. Sometimes the best deal is the best deal, and you simply have to take it. I don't think anyone expected the players to "win" this battle outright. However, if the players get a lower UFA age, or keep guaranteed contracts, then they "win" in a way. We all know that some form of a cap is coming, be it a clear hard cap, an incredibly large luxury tax, or some hybrid type situation.

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
Son of Steinbrenner said:
we should hear some sort of rumors later tonight about how much progress has been made. you posters up in canada better let us know what the heck is being said on tsn and sportsnet. :teach:

agreed. please do. My sports guy(s) are busy reporting World Series of Poker, tennis, and billiards right now. I am in the dark

Jaysfanatic*

I wonder how much nicer it'll be when they announce they're meeting in NY, because if an announcement is made about a deal struck, Im assuming they'll make it in NYC.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Devilsfanatic said:
I wonder how much nicer it'll be when they announce they're meeting in NY, because if an announcement is made about a deal struck, Im assuming they'll make it in NYC.

They'll make an announcement wherever they get it done, Toronto has the facilities to do it. Heck, why not announce it at the Hall of Fame?

Jaysfanatic*

GregStack said:
They'll make an announcement wherever they get it done, Toronto has the facilities to do it. Heck, why not announce it at the Hall of Fame?

Last time I thought they did it in New York, oh well, doesn't matter as long as they get something done.

On another note.....I hate reading Sportsnet, they're always gloomy for hope.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
417 TO MTL said:
This is getting ridiculous, i'm just waiting for the official announcement that the season is back on, I know it's coming, just don't feel like waiting another week or two :shakehead

Tom Petty "The waiting is the hardest part"

More talks scheduled and both sides agreeing it was a good meeting is great. Hopefully, they are on their way to some middle ground to agree on a deal. And like SOS said, at this point who cares who folds or who called first as long as a deal is done.

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
Devilsfanatic said:
Last time I thought they did it in New York, oh well, doesn't matter as long as they get something done.

On another note.....I hate reading Sportsnet, they're always gloomy for hope.

I don't know where they did it last.

I believe if a deal gets done tommorow though, it'll end up announced in Toronto. The difference in the circumstances here is that last time the talks were more secret, and they probably figured they had the time to fly to NY and not run into a media circus.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
this is from sportsnet

The consensus reached on an NHLPA conference call may suggest the lockout battle is far from over. A source told Sportsnet the players are as resolute as ever on avoiding a salary cap.

"There's no change in our position," the source explained to Sportsnet.

Interestingly enough, another source within the NHL said the league's stance on cost certainty remains unchanged as well.

now before everybody kills the players for being resolute as ever on avoiding a salary cap remember the owners aren't moving either.

honestly who knows what the guys talked about at o'hare today. its possible they played arrival poker ala kramer on seinfeld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->