Wearing in a goalie glove and chest/arm protector

Fenton

Jul 17, 2005
Toronto
Hey guys, so I am gearing up for hockey school in the next four weeks and I have purchased a bit of equipment. I ended up picking up used gloves and a used chest/arm protector. Unfortunately, neither have been used much and both are extremely new.

Because I am new to goalie, what is the best way to wear in the chest/arm protector as well as the glove? Just play with the stuff until it feels good or what?

The chest/arm pro is a low end RBK setup (not the greatest, but couldn't beat the price :(), and the glove is a Cereberus 6 Sherwood glove.

MikeD

Jul 3, 2006
Buffalo NY
www.hawksice.com
one trick for the glove is steaming. Taking several damp/wet hand towels, microwave until very hot. You dont want the thing dripping water. With the glove straps completely undone, stuff the steaming hand towel into the glove. Lay several over the glove to trap the steam and heat. Let sit for about 20 and then put on, working the glove. Take 2two pucks and wrap in white hockey tape. Toss that into the glove while wearing and watching TV. IF you happen to have a steamer cleaner you can use that on the internal of the glove to speed up break in.

Sweating the CA up will get it broken in very quickly Also a quick short warm water wash in a front loader machine will work. Delicate cycle...you can also clean your CA this way. USe mild detergent like woollite.

Skroob*

Do what Irbe used to do. Get the team bus to run them over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->