"We want to lose" club. For Swedish and Russian fans only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiefer

Jun 28, 2004
Sweden
GuloGulo said:
I just figured Team Sweden has 2x2 brothers on the same Olympic team. Has this occured before?

Sedin x 2, Jonsson x 2.

Cool, I haven't thought about that. I can't think of any, anyone knows?

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
Naru said:
I don't want to get the Swiss. Watching the Canada - Finland game I really want to have a game against them. I really can't see them getting much further the way they're playing. They were trying any line combo you could think of, and still sucked.
in both losses, canada was outworked and faced strong team D. these haven't been strengths of russia so far.

it will be very important how canada plays vs czechs. if czechs beat canada, i like russia's chances more. (hope :handclap: )

it goes w/o saying that goalie must be strong.

russia certainly has the ability of crushing canada (or anyone else) w/ offense, but can't count on it. only 1g vs kazakhs, after all.

russia must be prepared to outwork canada (shouldn't be too hard, but it's not characteristic of russia) and limit turnovers. (afinogenov :rant: )

finns' Dmen aren't big and great, but were able to handle canada. russians' Dmen should be able, too. must be able to handle them. finns forced canada to outside and limited good shots from middle of ice.

russia's offense, of course, is much better than finns' or suisse. but can't make stupid cute plays. move around on PP.

Kronblom

Nov 27, 2002
Stockholm
Chimp said:
It's no mystery that Henrik Lundqvist will probably not be in goal for Sweden. Mikael Tellqvist will probably play. :D
I hope he will so we have a fresh Henrik Lundqvist in goal on Wednesday.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
It's lame thinking "we wanna lose" when you play a game, it should always be about winning and nothing but winning, no matter who the opponent is. And besides, facing Switzerland, a team that beat both the Czechs and the Canadians, doesn't sound like the easiest obstacle in the quest for gold. And "easy wins" might not be as easy anyway, Belarus was a proof of that...

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Petey21 said:
It's lame thinking "we wanna lose" when you play a game, it should always be about winning and nothing but winning, no matter who the opponent is. And besides, facing Switzerland, a team that beat both the Czechs and the Canadians, doesn't sound like the easiest obstacle in the quest for gold. And "easy wins" might not be as easy anyway, Belarus was a proof of that...
Which way do you go to the mountain that you have to climb; through the jungle full of trip wires, laser guided missiles, acid swamps and Swedish eating crocodiles, or around it on a bridge that some Swiss pikemen guard? :D

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
Chimp said:
Which way do you go to the mountain that you have to climb; through the jungle full of trip wires, laser guided missiles, acid swamps and Swedish eating crocodiles, or around it on a bridge that some Swiss pikemen guard? :D
don't forget sempach. :teach:

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Swedish coach BÃ…G on the radio five minutes ago: "I don't know what to say to the players. It feels odd to tell the players to lose on purpose. The best result would be 0-0." :biglaugh:

VladNYC*

I def don't want Russia in any kind of mind set that says its ok not to give 100%

Also beating USA is a thing of principle. They will never drop that game.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
VladNYC said:
I def don't want Russia in any kind of mind set that says its ok not to give 100%

Exactly, its extremely important for us to play at full throttle to get into a rhythm. And with US, quite right, this is a matter of principle..

shawn_kemp*

VladNYC said:

As funny as hoping for a win was, I definetly want Russia to give 100% and win. I don't care if that means that we have to face Canada or the Czech Republic. Just win.

MartinFr

Feb 16, 2006
Kalmar
I haven't read all the post but I must say that I hate that there's even a discussion going on. Sweden must give 110% against Slovakia, win and come into the quarterfinal hot..

And who wants to face a confident team with nothing to loose in the quarterfinal like the swiss?

Leo Naphta

May 14, 2004
On top of the World
Anyone who thinks that any team will be playing at 100% tomorrow is just kidding themselves. The q-finals are on Wednesday, and any team that goes at full throttle tomorrow will have a price to pay on Wednesday. I don't like the idea of losing on purpose, but playing at 100% tomorrow would not be terrible smart, regardless of the opponent at Wednesday.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
shawn_kemp said:
As funny as hoping for a win was, I definetly want Russia to give 100% and win. I don't care if that means that we have to face Canada or the Czech Republic. Just win.

But I would put Sokolov in the net however: since the outcome is not that important, Nabokov can rest before the quaters...

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
MartinFr said:
I haven't read all the post but I must say that I hate that there's even a discussion going on. Sweden must give 110% against Slovakia, win and come into the quarterfinal hot..

And who wants to face a confident team with nothing to loose in the quarterfinal like the swiss?

If the alternative is Canada, I do.

shawn_kemp*

Den said:
But I would put Sokolov in the net however: since the outcome is not that important, Nabokov can rest before the quaters...

Yep.

shawn_kemp*

helicecopter said:
This thread is funny. :)

To make it even funnier, what if the Swiss lose against Italy and finish third? :biglaugh:

exactly ... :banghead:

:sarcasm:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
MartinFr said:
Sweden wants to, Russia wants to and Slovakia wants to, when the alternatives are named Russia and Czech Republic. I also think USA would want Switzerland instead of Finland if you would ask them.

Also, you could change that statement to "And who wants fo face a somewhat confident team with nothing to lose, that almost made a fool out of themselves, almost losing against Italy?" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->