"We want to lose" club. For Swedish and Russian fans only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn_kemp*

As we all know it, both the Russians and Swedes want to lose on Tuesday to face Switzerland in the quarterfinals. :help:

It's hard to believe, but the majority of fans thanks this way.

If you feel the same way, post here. Explain why your team deserves to lose more than the other. :)

shawn_kemp*

Leo Naphta said:
We have Mika Hannula on our roster. Enough said.

Our top PP unit is : Kharitonov - Taratukhin - Sushinsky - Zhukov ... and I heard that Volchenkov was injured so Kulyash will take his spot! :propeller

SChan*

Russia will lose, and Sweden win. I hope that's not true, but it's typical swedish to play hard in every game. Even the meaningless ones.

shawn_kemp*

SectionX said:
Russia will lose, and Sweden win. I hope that's not true, but it's typical swedish to play hard in every game. Even the meaningless ones.

Booooo.

Sore winner. :rant:

:biglaugh: :sarcasm:

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Sweden has already been trying to lose. Let's go through the evidence.

Exhibit A. Mika Hannula
Exhibit B. Jörgen Jönsson playing on power play
Exhibit C. Ronnie Sundin

Now I fully expect Lundqvist to sit the last game. He might mess up our devious plan to lose vs Slovakia just out of habit.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Freudian said:
Sweden has already been trying to lose. Let's go through the evidence.

Exhibit A. Mika Hannula
Exhibit B. Jörgen Jönsson playing on power play
Exhibit C. Ronnie Sundin

Now I fully expect Lundqvist to sit the last game. He might mess up our devious plan to lose vs Slovakia just out of habit.
I think that is about it. The Russians can never top that. No team can. That is exactly what I wanted to write. :D

Perhaps I could also add:
Exhibit D. Bengt-Ã…kes obvious talent for bad coaching.

Zaddik

the swiss are no push overs. sweden will have the going tough for them regardless of who they play against due to the strength in this years tournament.

i hope sweden wins gold :handclap:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Perhaps Switzerland are no pushovers, but there's a reason why both Russia and Sweden want to end in 3rd place in the group.

Canada, Czech Republic, Finland or Switzerland? Not that tough call to make. :D

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Chimp said:
Perhaps I could also add:
Exhibit D. Bengt-Ã…kes obvious talent for bad coaching.

Such as not using the first four games to give a special power play line practice but instead start to use it in game 5, stunning everyone. Thats brilliant coaching in my book.

ShaneDoan

May 5, 2005
If Russia WANT to play, they are in the fnal...if they wont, they are loosers in this tournament!

shawn_kemp*

ShaneDoan said:
If Russia WANT to play, they are in the fnal...if they wont, they are loosers in this tournament!

Loosers? Yes! But only on Tuesday! :help:

Zaddik

Chimp said:
Perhaps Switzerland are no pushovers, but there's a reason why both Russia and Sweden want to end in 3rd place in the group.

Canada, Czech Republic, Finland or Switzerland? Not that tough call to make. :D

with the way the czechs have been playing, you could argue that they might be more favorable to play against :biglaugh: or even canada

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Sweden deserves to lose because we have Jörgen Jönsson on PP and Ronnie Sundin on the team, enough!

That third position looks mighty juicy, I hope no team actually goes into a game to lose but I wouldn't mind if Sweden played another goalie in that game. ;)

shawn_kemp*

but Russia never plays like a team! they have no heart!

ie : Kovalev, Yashin, Gonchar, etc.

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
yarre said:
Sweden deserves to lose because we have Jörgen Jönsson on PP and Ronnie Sundin on the team, enough!

That third position looks mighty juicy, I hope no team actually goes into a game to lose but I wouldn't mind if Sweden played another goalie in that game. ;)

Then again, SWE deserves to win as they have names like Foppa, Alfie, Zata, Lidstrom, Honken, Lunken, etc in the roster. :handclap:

I'm not counting anybody out in the QF's yet. The SUI just proved that they can upset anyone. I don't think SUI will advance to the final, but given their recent results, there could still be one big upset left.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
shawn_kemp said:
Our top PP unit is : Kharitonov - Taratukhin - Sushinsky - Zhukov ... and I heard that Volchenkov was injured so Kulyash will take his spot! :propeller
Volchenkov is fine. And the RSL line delivers. It's a fine line

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Caz said:
Then again, SWE deserves to win as they have names like Foppa, Alfie, Zata, Lidstrom, Honken, Lunken, etc in the roster. :handclap:

I'm not counting anybody out in the QF's yet. The SUI just proved that they can upset anyone. I don't think SUI will advance to the final, but given their recent results, there could still be one big upset left.

Ofcourse, and Sweden might go into the game thinking they have already won but I still prefer to play the Swiss before Canada, I don't know about the czechs though, they don't look so strong but I wouldn't be surprised if they step up their game in the QF.

Btw, we don't have Honken on the team. But okey, we have a good team on the paper, I just don't like how it has been coached.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Freudian said:
Such as not using the first four games to give a special power play line practice but instead start to use it in game 5, stunning everyone. Thats brilliant coaching in my book.
You know, I'm not exactly sure if you are sarcastic or really mean it? Are you? :dunno:

Caz

Hedonist
Feb 16, 2006
Brussels, Belgium
yarre said:
Btw, we don't have Honken on the team.

Tomas Holmstrom could be called 'Lill-Honken'.
Plus it rhymes so nicely with 'Lunken' :D

You know, I actually hope SWE finishes 3rd in
the group B. That would mean ... & ... only meet
in the final...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->