OT: Our PDO sucks. Let's lighten the mood! Free Slurpees & Bagel Brawls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
This weekend is one of the best in sports. Up there with NFL Divisional Playoffs, Kentucky Derby weekend and that weekend in late October/November when you get World Series, NFL and NHL games.

Who ya got in the tourney? I have Michigan St. over UNC. Heels try to go back to back but Sparty takes it.

I can't wait for March to be over. Have zero interest in college sports

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I can't wait for March to be over. Have zero interest in college sports

This is a lighten the mood thread Bones, no need to point how terrible the month of March actually is. Do we have to have a separate "We suck. Lets damper the mood!" thread with complaints? :sarcasm:

What's the knock on college sports? The whole greedy NCAA payment issue or that they just aren't as good quality as the professional leagues?

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI
Opening Day is soon! And if your a Jets or Giants Fan, you might have an interest in their signings!
Personally being a jet fan I like we got a #1 Corner and I personally like to see Bridgewater do well off of that horrific injury! Plus crowell is a undervalued RB.
Giants fans sure do like to see Solder protecting Eli and it sends Flower to Right Tackle which helps their OLine!
This NFL draft should be real fun to watch!

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
This is a lighten the mood thread Bones, no need to point how terrible the month of March actually is. Do we have to have a separate "We suck. Lets damper the mood!" thread with complaints? :sarcasm:

What's the knock on college sports? The whole greedy NCAA payment issue or that they just aren't as good quality as the professional leagues?

Sorry -- my bad.

Nothing personal or even logical . I just don't care to watch college FB or Basketball. Zero interest.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Sorry -- my bad.

Nothing personal or even logical . I just don't care to watch college FB or Basketball. Zero interest.

I'm interested in your disinterest.

Opening Day is soon! And if your a Jets or Giants Fan, you might have an interest in their signings!
Personally being a jet fan I like we got a #1 Corner and I personally like to see Bridgewater do well off of that horrific injury! Plus crowell is a undervalued RB.
Giants fans sure do like to see Solder protecting Eli and it sends Flower to Right Tackle which helps their OLine!

I'm more excited for the draft than I've ever been. The past few days of NFL free agency and the trades that happened this offseason have been wild. Both NY teams' fans should be excited.

As a Jet fan, gimme Baker. It's always a crapshoot projecting QB's but he's has proven one thing, the kid can win so I'm willing to take a chance.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I was at the show and thought it was great. Even though I would classify myself as a libertarian with conservative leanings (or a classical liberal if you really want to get technical) and agree with Kid Rock politically more times than not I don't care to have politics rammed down my throat at a concert regardless of what they are. If I want to hear a talk about politics I'll go see Mark Steyn, Walter Williams or Ron Paul.

I actually thought it sucked more bc the music was terrible....the guns/Jesus BS didn't help

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Can't believe Buffalo beat Arizona in March Madness, I went there for my freshman year and played on the team, we were division 3 and there were more people at the local Pizza place than at our games... amazing what changes take place in 30 plus years,

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Any of you guys ever play dek hockey at Power Play in Setauket in the 90's? I was on the Samoans - played every season for about 10 years.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Any of you guys ever play dek hockey at Power Play in Setauket in the 90's? I was on the Samoans - played every season for about 10 years.
I played dek hockey at Farmingdale in the 80s and I vaguely recall there being a "Samoans" team there. Was it a franchise? :)

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I played dek hockey at Farmingdale in the 80s and I vaguely recall there being a "Samoans" team there. Was it a franchise? :)
Same team. Played in Farmingdale and then in Oakdale. Oakdale was insane. The refs let everything go, so it turned into a checking filled brawl-fest. Power Play was great - indoors with locker rooms. Decent refs. The owner, Oscar, had his own team in our league. Good times.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
For some reason, probably because I'm a lazy sack o' shit, I've been binging a ton of Netflix shows over the last week. I watched Mindhunter, which was pretty good, and am 75% through Flint Town. I also watched the Godzilla anime they have and it was okay.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
For some reason, probably because I'm a lazy sack o' ****, I've been binging a ton of Netflix shows over the last week. I watched Mindhunter, which was pretty good, and am 75% through Flint Town. I also watched the Godzilla anime they have and it was okay.

Mindhunter started strong for me and then tailed off at the end. I genuinely don't like the main character or his girlfriend. I'd prefer that story line to be out of the show.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I can understand that for sure. I didn't really dislike him, but some of the dialogue involving him seemed contrived. It was basically explaining the show and it got a little annoying when the characters got past the discovery stage and into where they were implementing their findings.

I also watched American Vandal, which was funny in both a silly and a dry way, which I enjoy. Here's a weird thing: I started watching that show on Thursday night. Earlier that day, I was listening to some tunes on my computer during work, and I wanted to listen to the band DOA. I had everything digitized except for an album called "Dawning of a New Error". So I went to my CD rack and pulled it down. As I was doing this, I noticed a CD by a band called Doc Hopper that I hadn't listened to in a while, so I pulled that down too. I hadn't touched these CDs in years.

Anyway, I start watching American Vandal that night. On the wall of the kids bedroom is a poster for DOA's Dawning of a New Error! It blew my mind because it's not some common thing like Blink 182 or something. It's a somewhat obscure band and the same album I pulled down. So, that weirds me out. The next morning, I get in the car to take my kid to school and an ad for a Paul Simon concert is on the radio and it's playing Homeward Bound in the background. The Doc Hopper CD I pulled down along with the DOA CD has a cover version of Homeward Bound on it.

I'm totally freaked out right now.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Mindhunter started strong for me and then tailed off at the end. I genuinely don't like the main character or his girlfriend. I'd prefer that story line to be out of the show.

same here. I wanted to like it more, loved the story, the era, there was a lot to like - but I didn't like the characters you mentioned.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

I am Giants fan and have always loved the NFL Draft. The Giants are in a terrific spot to get a franchise-changing talent (either one of the QBs, Nelson or Barkley) or even trade back with say the Bills or Broncos and acquire more picks and still add some blue chippers.

I really like what Dave Gettleman has done so far. Solder was an overpay but it addresses a huge need. The rest of the players he has added provide a mix of talent, depth and leadership. All of which has been missing for years under Jerry Reach.

The Giants already have some talent (OBJ, Engram, Shepard, Collins, Jenkins, etc.) and, with a few good moves at the draft and perhaps in the second wave of free agency, they can rebuild their team rather quickly.

I also like that Gettleman does not put up with any BS, so players like Flowers, Apple, JPP, etc. will perform or be shown the door. Having a decent coaching staff with half a brain will also help immensely.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I think it is time to bump this thread. I'm too lazy to look who recommended Brockmire but I caught up this weekend and like the show. Thanks.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think it is time to bump this thread. I'm too lazy to look who recommended Brockmire but I caught up this weekend and like the show. Thanks.

New episodes are airing now I think, waiting for them to hit Hulu before I watch.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I just saw a headline that Silicon Valley is struggling to come up with relevant material. I haven't watched the new season and didn't want any spoilers so I passed on reading the article. Can anyone say whether or not that's accurate though? I'll be really bummed if it is. I've been waiting until the conclusion to binge watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad