GDT: We expect nothing. And are still disappointed. Former Ducks vs Ducks 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
maroon is such a joke

played like crap during the end of his time in anaheim, got demoted to the 4th line, and then basically gave up. then he gets traded and holds a grudge against the ducks. so glad we got rid of him

grow up you dumb***
Maroon just isn't very good and I think he sees mucking it up with stars as one of his few ways to add value.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Maroon just isn't very good and I think he sees mucking it up with stars as one of his few ways to add value.

yeah i remember how he kept chirping perry from the bench in last year's playoffs

but he clearly continues to hold a grudge towards the ducks because of his own actions. seeing him throw a tantrum after the oilers lost last year was amazing

Reactions: Kariya 9

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Montour is now only a point away from 30 points. He's also a +16 and averaging over 20 minutes per night. Leading the defense in shots on goal

Damn good "rookie" season

Indeed and he had his time with Bieksa. It was the right choice to keep him. He is the better defenceman than Shea.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Haha the new jersey boards are pretty entertaining... big bad ducks are back

I got a couple hours to kill

giphy.gif

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Pettersson wasn`t hesitating at all to go and grab Maroon in that scrum, it`s god to see. I`m sure he will add more pounds over the summer and when he does that he should improve. It`s exciting to see what he can do, looks like he could round out as a decend 2nd pair guy in a few years.

Marcus and Magnus - the great Swedish defenseman duo

93Ducks

Go Ducks
May 15, 2010
It's obvious Maroon still holds a jilted ex lover vibe towards the Ducks, Oiler or not. As others have pointed out, if it weren't for GMBM taking a chance on him after the Flyers cast him aside as damaged goods he probably wouldn't be where he is today. Obviously don't know the past locker room situation but man he seems to get crazy eyed and tantrum prone every time he's back in Anaheim.

Was great to see the boys respond with that 4th goal a minute after the Devils made it interesting.

Reactions: Terry Yake

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Good win. It's easy to see why New Jersey fans see Vatanen as a top pairing guy, their defense is truly awful :laugh:

Also no surprise Maroon being a dumb f***. It's still hilarious how he seems to have something against Anaheim, when he was the one who had a sook soon as he got demoted off the top line. Main thing is, Anaheim keep beating teams he's on ha.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Kind of funny to see the contrast with the Maroon/Getzlaf incident. We were outraged cause Getzlaf even got a penalty. They were outraged cause Maroon got one too.

Vatman45

Feb 20, 2018
Good win. It's easy to see why New Jersey fans see Vatanen as a top pairing guy, their defense is truly awful :laugh:

But did you see any mistakes from Sami, I saw a plenty of good passes and he also joined and lead the rush as he used to do in Anaheim as well, but just two years ago... But he will flourish in New Jersey with his new role, let´s hope that next summer will be full of proper training, not just playing golf...

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
But did you see any mistakes from Sami, I saw a plenty of good passes and he also joined and lead the rush as he used to do in Anaheim as well, but just two years ago... But he will flourish in New Jersey with his new role, let´s hope that next summer will be full of proper training, not just playing golf...

I saw some bad reads and very risky pinches. He also flubbed a few passes. But I think NJ is asking him to do too much. They’re asking him to essentially be Kris Letang. Overall, he’s really embracing the role though. Good for him.

Glad we have Rico though. Especially with Kesler not really playing like a top 6 guy this year.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
So my cursed Ducks mug theory is confirmed.

I started the season drinking coffee from the mug, then put it up in a cabinet. Soon after they started getting better. A week or two ago I started drinking from it and they went on a losing streak. Put it away again, and they look great.

Coincidence? I think not.

Reactions: TheNeutrality

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

I started the season drinking coffee from the mug, then put it up in a cabinet. Soon after they started getting better. A week or two ago I started drinking from it and they went on a losing streak. Put it away again, and they look great.

Destroy it.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I kinda wonder how much it would cost to get Miles Wood. We don't have space for him, but I think he would be a good fit if we ever had a hole on left wing.

Interesting because on the prospects board about a week ago, AngelDuck started asking for comps on some of the guys from the past 2 drafts. One of the guys mentioned for Max Jones was--in fact--Miles Wood and that actually seemed like a legit comp

Reactions: Getzmonster

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Interesting because on the prospects board about a week ago, AngelDuck started asking for comps on some of the guys from the past 2 drafts. One of the guys mentioned for Max Jones was--in fact--Miles Wood and that actually seemed like a legit comp
I would be very surprised if Jones was as fast as Wood. Wood's got crazy straight-line speed.

In terms of being feisty and sticking up for teammates though, absolutely.

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

Is it the black one with the orange interior?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

Give it to a sharks/preds fan and tell them its your lucky mug for hockey watching... and hope for the best.

Reactions: DarthYenik

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014

You must have had juice in it one time, it's been infused with Bieksa's spirit somehow. At the very least, just make sure to never wash it, keep it dirty, like the team.

Reactions: DarthYenik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->