Pre-Game Talk: We Don't Play Until Next Month... And It's Outdoors! | Leafs @ Caps | March 3rd

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Looks like same lines with the exception of Polak in for Carrick (despite Leafs outshooting Florida 17-5 with Carrick on the ice) and Andersen in goal.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The players decided to practice today in Florida.

Tonight is the rookie dinner, so they wanted tomorrow off.

Kinda sounds like the team is staying in Florida for a couple days before going to Washington.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
The players decided to practice today in Florida.

Tonight is the rookie dinner, so they wanted tomorrow off.

Kinda sounds like the team is staying in Florida for a couple days before going to Washington.

I assumed thats what they would do. Babcock probably giving them a bit of vacation time as well with how well the leafs have done the last month and how crappy our schedule was

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
They have played a ton of games in a short period of time. The schedule should start to ease up now at least.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
if you guys are bored and looking for a story to pump, in friedmans thoughts he said that we basically offered 2 1st for karl. His wording was a bit strange though, it said "toronto was looking to add a 1st" but I don't think he was talking about us adding a pick because it was in the EK section.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Makes sense, I would do that too.

nope, which is fine by me. Greater risk of hits going wrong in an outdoor game. I believe he's supposed to be back soon after this game though
My guess is he'll be back March 14th against Dallas. There are only 3 games between now and then so maximum rest time compared to minimal games missed. It just makes sense.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
did you guys know we've scored the 26th most powerplay goals in the league since December first? It's pathetic nothing has been changed with regards to our powerplay. it's trash

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
did you guys know we've scored the 26th most powerplay goals in the league since December first? It's pathetic nothing has been changed with regards to our powerplay. it's trash
Have they had the same amount of PP as everyone else?

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Doesn't really matter tbh. Its not uncommen for cup winners to have a bad powerplay, look at boston, la for example.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I miss matty :(
We all do. It's really noticeable out there, but to the boys' credit they have all stepped up sorta in his absence. We have played relatively well for a team who is missing their BEST player. 3 out of 4 points against Boston and Tampa was huge. 1 point against the desperate, playoff-pushing Panthers was good - we definitely deserved 2 against them but sometimes that's how hockey goes. Didn't get much puck luck like others have mentioned.

Boys will be amped to play the Caps outdoors. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. The all-white look at night will look pretty cool. Can't wait.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Doesn't really matter tbh. Its not uncommen for cup winners to have a bad powerplay, look at boston, la for example.
yeah but those teams had great D
we should be fine to win the cup with this team, but we have to have a strong powerplay

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
We all do. It's really noticeable out there, but to the boys' credit they have all stepped up sorta in his absence. We have played relatively well for a team who is missing their BEST player. 3 out of 4 points against Boston and Tampa was huge. 1 point against the desperate, playoff-pushing Panthers was good - we definitely deserved 2 against them but sometimes that's how hockey goes. Didn't get much puck luck like others have mentioned.

Boys will be amped to play the Caps outdoors. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. The all-white look at night will look pretty cool. Can't wait.

i think life with without matty shows how lucky we are.
Nylander + Mitch + Dermott are swoony - but Matthews is the whipped cream, sprinkles and cherries on top. like i don't think one of those games goes to overtime if Matty was here.

however. i am proud how they play w/o him so that's also good.

Reactions: MattySnipes

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
But before that is was really good though wasn't it? Maybe it's just the ebs and flows of the season, or maybe other teams figured it out. From what I can tell our first unit has kept on trucking along but our second unit has gone dry. Personally I think it would be good to put Matthews in front of the net and let him bang home rebounds and tips.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad